Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

chaos punk?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by (A)ndy, May 31, 2011.

1. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

I know, right. Those comments are so much more fucked up than whether or not he got into a punch on with a black dude.

2. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

Well, he really did grow up in the gutter, never had fuck all. He found a way out. Most of it is just image, what's expected. He's very shy, needs something to hide behind. Can't really take anything he says seriously. He's out to confuse, distract, cos he needs to hide. Not saying I big fan or anything, but interesting guy, so much below the surface.

3. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

I hate Johnny Rotten; He is a big business. Everything he does is just a stage act. He hates all arabs and muslims and especially hates palestine. He is a rich corporate greedy arrogant fuck.

4. Bentheanarchist

Dec 10, 2010

Yes, anyone can write in it.
    I was just exploring it; I have no idea if it really happened because I wasn't there. He is racist against Muslims and Arabs and Palestinians though.

5. Derek Danger

Derek Danger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

He didn't grow up in the gutter, he grew up on a housing estate. So did I, and many of my friends. We're not arrogant racists or obnoxious, entitled dicks. Why does someone's low-socio-economic status deserve to be an excuse for them acting shitty? People who never had shit growing up still grow up right. Mr Lydon obviously didn't and it's nobody's fault but his.

6. Ivanovich

Jan 31, 2010

It aint housing state, it row of terraces round back of Holloway Road. I used to live near there, about 100m away. It's a shit hole. Did your family grow up sharing two rooms, total? Meningitis nearly killed him when he was 5, total memory loss. He had to learn to talk again. That's why he's got that odd stare, it fucked up his brain. They get hassle by police a lot when he was young, his father sold guns to IRA. So he wear ripped clothes cos its all he can afford. People turned it into fashion. He's smart, he never want to be poor again, so first thing he does when he gets some cash out Sex Pistols is buy house, while the others just blow it on drink and shit. Everything he does is stage act, right. That' his job, is how he sees it. That's what he gets paid for, entertaining, the whole image thing, not just when he on stage, onstage and off .Thats his creation. Hes rich bastard now, deals in property in the US, working class London irish punk making money out of rich american business men. Do you not see the irony? His whole public appearance is a prformance. Anyway, I dunno what he thinks about arabs, but I know he thinks democracy is bullshit. He say anything to wind people up, so I dunno. Most of the time he talks in riddles. People give him shit all his life, why should he respect them? Acting shitty to those that don't deserve respect, that kinda is punk, really. Init?

7. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

He's quoted as saying:
    sauce: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... 26051.html

And I don't see what the cool story bout his life has got to do with these comments.

8. Ivanovich

Jan 31, 2010

As in: if they treat themselves like shit, what does it matter if anyone else treats them like shit? Why help people that are not prepared to help themselves? Yeah, maybe a bit harsh. He also said cows are so stupid that they deserve to be eaten, which, while mildly amusing, I don't particularly agree with, neither.

9. Derek Danger

Jan 29, 2010

But he acts shitty to everybody, and when has he ever actually fucked off an authority figure besides writing a couple of "up yours, THE MAN" kind of songs? All I'm getting from this tirade is that he's a disingenuous buffoon whose life is a lie constructed to make money, and he knows that if he ever stopped doing it, he'd be poor as shit. 'Cause that's the point of being a punk, init? Trading your rudeness and appearance for money and prestige.

What you're basically saying here is "he did what he did to make some money, and it's cool because he made the money and now he has the money and he can't stop." I weep for him.

And since you asked, I grew up on a council housing estate neighboured by other council housing estates in a suburb that was built specifically to house council housing estates, so don't tell me about shitholes.

10. Derek Danger

Jan 29, 2010

Ivanovich says the following about Palestine.

I don't even know where to start to tell you in what ways you're wrong... the fact that you're referring to a race as "they"; the fact that you haven't commented on Lydon referring to "Arabs", "Muslims" and "Palestinians" as interchangeable designations for the people of Palestine; the fact that you're considering that Palestine has caused its own problems; or the fact that you think they've done nothing to help themselves...

Whoa.

11. Bentheanarchist

Dec 10, 2010

Fuck Lydon! He is a mainstream jerk! And stop acting like a Zionist and insulting the Palestinians with your prejudice. Lydon is a ignorant arrogant rich fuck who makes millions of dollars off acting like an asshole.

12. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Alright we all agree he is an asshole now can we get back to the topic...

13. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

I think Ivanovich is summing up Lyndon's remarks:
    Then commenting on them:
    What you reckon?

Although its not just 'harsh', but also incorrect.

I thought talking about how some punx is dickheads was the topic? ;)

14. Ivanovich

Jan 31, 2010

Well, at least Butcher understands me. I told you, I'm not a fan. He is an asshole, I just saying he's an interesting asshole, and not quite the same kind of asshole that you might think, which you would realise if you read his autobiography. I actually think he's less of an asshole than Penny Rimbaud, cos he's a more honest asshole.

It's a bit like comparing Thatcher to Blair, I prefer Thatcher cos she's honest, but they are still both full of shit, I'd rather see both dead.

For the record, on Palestine, What 'I' think is that dumping a country on somewhere where other people were living in 1948 was a FUCKING STUPID IDEA, and obviously gonna lead to trouble. Territorial claims based on something that dates back before the Romans is a bit feeble, don't you think? Ok, I understand that in the wake of Hitler and all them murdered jews they might have thought that had to do something, but there had to be a better solution. I ain't keen on innocent people getting killed, but every Israeli tank or helicopter that gets downed gets big cheer from me. It's all bullshit anyway, Israel is just an American base. They rank in the top ten army size, and have the largest fleet of F-16s outside the USA, this is a country with a total population smaller than the city of London. $4 billion a year in military aid goes a long way, thank you Mr President. Just cos the jewish people were treated like shit in the past does not make it ok for them to do the same to others, that just about sums it up. They are all nazis, far as I can see.

15. Derek Danger

Jan 29, 2010

Hmmm, I don't know if that necessarily quenches my thirst for blood, as the light he casts the comments in seeks to rationalise and explain them, rather than analyse, deconstruct or refute them. And, since anybody 'round these parts should know better than to say that any of that is true of Palestine, I don't know why he didn't point out that any of it happens to be false, if he was analysing... I can concede that maybe the incident was the result of poor phrasing, though...

16. Derek Danger

Jan 29, 2010

Besides, I'm far more interested in why Ivanovich thinks the dude is allowed to be a cock to people just because he used to be poor...

17. Ivanovich

Jan 31, 2010

Did I say that? Nah, it aint quite like that. Anyone is 'allowed' to be a 'cock' to people they don't respect. Well, even if they aint allowed, they gonna do it anyway. Mr Lydon don't respect a lot of people because he was poor. He's also smart, which don't help, thinking 95% of the world are idiots. Is you poor, mate? Do you respect a lot of people? I am, and don't particularly.

18. crustybeckham

crustybeckham Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2012

Reading definitions of "chaos punx" or "street punx" - or however one wants to call the uncool and unthinking punks - I have to point out that I have seen such behaviours at crust-punk or even anarcho festivals from people with Wolfpack, Conflict or Doom shirts. Drunken stupidity is not by any means a chaos punks' exclusivity.

19. squabblez

squabblez Member New Member

Jan 3, 2012

Kids, dont eat up everything these preachers like ungovernable spit out. Think for yourself and you decide. You will not learn anything about punk way of life on the internet. This is why he has never been laid and is the one on the street with the two 16 year old future anarchists listening to his rants who will turn alcoholic from boredom. He sure does spend a lot of time on the internet though making his e-bones.

20. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

[​IMG]