Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

buying land

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shaun, Apr 18, 2010.

1. shaun

shaun Member Forum Member

Feb 25, 2010

about the property laws in italy as long as your not using the land to produce narcotics or to train people in killing tecniques it should be fine,there are three of us at the moment and anyone is welcomed to help out or use the property for a break from the city,

2. Bananaman

Bananaman Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 9, 2009

Killing technique? Now that can be a problem as it can mean anything. Realictically that could mean anything from no shooting ranges to not being able to wrestle. And can therefore easily be used by authorities to evict you... Do you know what killing techniques means exactly? And I do plan to visit someday...

3. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

When are you planning to start this up? I'm definately comming by if i may.

4. ILuvEire

ILuvEire Experienced Member Experienced member

Apr 5, 2010

Yeah, my opinion is that the land can easily be bought. The only place that you can really squat successfully is in the city, but a commune/co-op/whatever you'd like to call it would work much better in the country where things can be easily grown, and you can function (in my opinion) as a better working society.

Nonetheless, if you want to squat on some land, I'd say that you should find out who owns it and what they do on it. If you're squatting on someone's land that they actually *use* for a good purpose, then you're essentially stealing from them. So naturally I'd definitely be very against that.

5. Wid

Wid Member Forum Member

Apr 25, 2010

The reason the couple of squats I've been involved with (whilst not squatting myself) have worked is that they were squatted mainly by local people who knew about local peoples' concerns and used the squats as community education and activism centres. The activism was not about the standard anarchist complaints, but about very local things happening very localy (ehilst always being ready to put things in a national or global perspective), and people from the squats got involved and got arrested to help the community win. Squatting, both unfortunately and fortunately, cannot be about cutting yourself off from capitalism, it is about being a beacon for all sorts of people who have been hurt or will be hurt be the problems capitalism necessarily produces. If a local squat does not serve local needs, it has no place there. I absolutely mean that. We all depend on each other for everything from the basics to the sublime. Squats should be projects to encourage community, and to encourage communities of struggle.

6. shaun

Feb 25, 2010

sorry everyone that its taking so long to reply ive been working 12 hours 6-7 days a week to get the cash together to buy this land .ive had the last few days off .the land is still actual but its taken longer than i thought i havnt even singned the papers only paid a deposit so the land doesnt get sold to someone else.
    i will finalise everything in the next 2 months if i can get the appointment with the notary and being here in germany and trying to do everything through e-mail is really hard .
    i will proberly get everything going next year spring european spring ofcourse ill post details about what and how everything is progressen and offcourse all are wellcomed (no rascist,no-homophoebes and no sexists)
    shaun

7. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

Where was the land placed again? I would be please to come help set it all up if i can!

8. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Italy if I remember correctly, not entirely sure tho, should be somewhere in this thread :p

9. shaun

Feb 25, 2010

italy, abruzzo is the region and its near a little town called palmoli

10. Bananaman

Bananaman Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 9, 2009

Does this have anything to do with recent earthquakes?

11. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

It's impressive of you that you want to put so many money out of your own pocket i must say! Could i ever get the possibility i will come help