Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

buying land

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shaun, Apr 18, 2010.

1. shaun

shaun Member Forum Member

Feb 25, 2010

hi everyone,
    so what does everyone think about buying land to start a workers co-op ?
    some are against it some arn´t .
    the question is to squat or to buy?
    let me know what you think.

2. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

3. Eroneouse

Eroneouse Member Forum Member

Apr 15, 2010

I would say buy the land and then as far as the state is concerned ownership is established and its one thing less they can harrass you about.

I am curious about how your co-op farm is going to work, how many people will live there, will the farm work purely for self subsidence or will you trade excess with your nearby communitys, are there buildings already on the land or are you starting from scratch, electricity ? already there, generate your own, exist without it ? Will it be an open type place where people who are willing to contribute can come and live or a closed community ? any plans to buy adjacent land and increase your base size ?

Sorry probably too many questions but then I would guess you already have most of this stuff worked out ?

4. Ivanovich

Jan 31, 2010

I be interested to know also, and from others doing similar.

5. statuliber

statuliber Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 13, 2009

I would prefer squatting, though I would also be fine with bought land
    but not with paying taxes for it!

6. shaun

Feb 25, 2010

theres a ruin of an old house on the land so getting permission to build a new one shouldnt be that hard.
    i was thinking of building a house from sandbags as it is cheap and eco friendly also having solar panels for electricity.
    there is 50-60 olive trees on it wich co-op members would have to harvest once a year then proberly press oil ofcourse all organic then split it or sell it. its in italy where taxes on land isnt that much.

7. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

Sounds like a little paradise!

8. Eroneouse

Apr 15, 2010

Does it have its own onsite water supply ? if so you could supplement the solar energy by setting up a small water wheel to drive stuff, if not an actual small scale turbine then err iunno maybe use it to move water from the source to the olive trees and also a small wind turbine, some kid in africa built a small wind turbine from scrap and refuse and now makes a living chargeing up peoples phones.

9. Ivanovich

Jan 31, 2010

Also windmills from car alternators, I been meaning to try that sometime, and grow some vines, init.

:beers:

10. Bananaman

Bananaman Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 9, 2009

Well, it sounds like a nice project. And Italy isn't that far so I could probably visit there in the summer or even sooner. Now if you need knowhow I have relatives that have olive trees and make their own oil, and probably aren\t that far from the site... But 60 or 70 trees aren't going to really support a community but it's a start I guess, and they hardly require any maintenance or even work other than pressing out oil. Also I can speak some italian and understand quite a bit, but am working on improving my italian on daily basis, and speaking italian is a must for a project like this...

11. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

I say cool, and go for it. I would think that buying for a start might be an idea, if you don't have the people behind you to support it. Else you'll be out before even having moved in.
    - When buying, you're protected by the capitalistic systems own law of private property, and use it against them. That is a sweet though

12. Eroneouse

Apr 15, 2010

I see your location is Germany so I am assuming your not a native Italian so I would also advise that if you are buying the land in Italy make sure you get well aquainted with both the national laws and also any local bylaws concerning property ownership and rights. Because if everything is not tickety boo the authoritys can still whip the rug from under you as is happening in Spain currently with hundreds if not thousands of homes and propertys about to be bulldozed due to illegal building.

13. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I'm coming straight there whenever we come to Italy!!!!! No but seriously Eroneouse is right about checking land ownership concerning foreign nationals....but my fingers are crossed for you please let us know how it goes..... :beer:

14. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Squart.

Proprety is theft.

15. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

"How can you buy or sell the sky, the warmth of the land? The idea is strange to us. If we do not own the freshness of the air and the sparkle of the water, how can you buy them? "

16. nugraha

nugraha Member New Member

Oct 9, 2009

if you have enough money, buying the land is better idea...

17. Ivanovich

Jan 31, 2010

Yeah, we all know that, but being realistic, you don't want to invest years of work into a long term project just to have it destroyed by the state. I use cash to buy food sometimes too, what a big hypocrite I am, eh? Anyway, as far as foreigners owning property goes, EU is working towards any EU citizen being allowed to own property and live in any EU nation. It's in the EU charter, though some nations are bit behind. Yeah, if there building there, ruined or not, you do not need permission to rebuild in same place.

18. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    true but at some point before the revolution likeminded Anarchists need to live and work together and if the community owns the land then it would not be theft, after the revolution ownership would not be necessary....

19. shaun

Feb 25, 2010

property is only theft when your exploiting the workers on it for your own gain,when property is shared and put to use for the good of people not having to work in a normal sense of 9-5 where the workers own it whats so bad about that.squitting unused or even used land where people are being exploited is fine the whole thing about squitting is using empty spaces that are not being used,the earth belongs to us all and noone but try tellin that to the pigs that are comming in riot gear to evict you....

20. shaun

Feb 25, 2010

about the property laws in italy as long as your not using the land to produce narcotics or to train people in killing tecniques it should be fine,there are three of us at the moment and anyone is welcomed to help out or use the property for a break from the city,