Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

book request

Discussion in 'REQUESTS' started by mishelu182, May 25, 2011.

1. mishelu182

mishelu182 Member New Member

May 25, 2011

hi,first post here :ecouteurs: ,i'm looking for the book "american hardcore a tribal history" by steven blush,it's about the history of hardcore punk music and it covers bands like black falg,misfits,bad brains etc. I hope someone cand find it,i'd really like to read it :D :D

2. killeragnew

killeragnew New Member New Member

Jun 21, 2011

I'm looking for the same, and Day the Country Died by Ian Glasper...

3. Mike Generic

Mike Generic Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 29, 2010
     Canada
    In all honesty, I enjoyed the documentary of The Day The Country Died more than the book. While the book is a good encyclopedia of British Anarcho-Punk bands in the early 1980's, with fairly detailed histories of the bands, the movie does a much better job at describing early 80's British Anarcho-Punk as a whole.

4. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

5. Mike Generic

Mike Generic Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 29, 2010
     Canada
    Yeah, it seems like the movies are much easier to find than the books...
    While the movie is worth watching, it focuses a lot more on the sort of violent, for lack of a better term "darker" aspects of 80's hardcore. The people interviewed in it talk a lot about how they were trying to "change something" because they were upset with American culture at that time, but makes absolutely no attempt to examine the politics of the bands, which is kinda annoying, because if they had, I would have gotten into Articles of Faith a whole lot sooner, and stopped listening to SS Decontrol a whole lot sooner as well.
    While the book has a few of those same shortfallings, it's much more interesting to read than it is to watch the movie.
    Also, if you watch the movie, I hope you like SS Decontrol, Black Flag and Bad Brains, 'cause they spent a whole lotta time on them.

6. mishelu182

mishelu182 Member New Member

May 25, 2011

yea i guess i'll just have to settle with the movies seeing how this book is so hard to find,thanks for the effort anyway :)