Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Blasphemy: A Victimless Crime?

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Probe, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

I just thought maybe we should discuss religion,
    me personally i come from a VERY VERY religious background, i don't go to church, i don't pray, i don't follow God's laws and i don't care if anyone says anything bad about it. But, i don't consider myself atheist or anything. I think a person should have a God even if they don't really give a shit about religion.
    what are your thoughts on religion?

2. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

100% anti-christian
    anything else i don't really care about
    I don't believe in god but I too am not an atheist

BTW I'm sure there is a post on here where we have all argued our own shit on the topic.

3. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    yes, look for the topic on help destroy god or something...

4. Probe

Jan 30, 2010

ah ok...well i dont think ill be looking for that post....

5. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    why the fuck not? i even bumped it to make it easier for you. you can see everyone bashing me for saying i believe in god, and if they don't bash you as well, then at least i know it was personal.

6. Probe

Jan 30, 2010

i was kidding... :D :D

7. Probe

Jan 30, 2010

haha anxiety man i just read the whole thread and to honest that was the first time i saw a "fight" in anarchopunk.net
    i feel bad for you man....i feel bad...

8. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    don't feel bad for me, i spoke my mind and was attacked for it. i would still fight alongside those who argued against me to destroy the government, but when we do and start a new society, let me believe what I want in peace. it won't hurt you. (not you specificly Probe... but you in general.)

9. Probe

Jan 30, 2010

yea so are you like a tight christian or just like me? ya know not going to church and stuff?

10. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    i am not christian. for the umpteenth time. nor do i go to church. it makes me annoyed that if u say u believe in god people automaticly assume u are a christian. there are things about christianity i like, and plenty i don't like as well. same with hindu, buddhism, judiasim even islam. hell even voodoo, wiccans and pagans are interesting to me. i dont follow any set of rules pertaining to my beliefs. Simply try to be the best human being I can, and sorry if this sounds christian, but i am a strong believer in treating others as I would like them to treat me. I also believe in karma, (not reincarnation) that what goes around comes around.

11. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

Spirituality is a interest of mine. I don't believe in any god, i don't believe in a intelligent force controlling everything.

But i do believe that there are energies and phenomena's which our world have turned it's back on.

for example: http://www.spiritdaily.com/evidence.htm

i find the phenomena extremely exciting, and i believe that there is something, maybe just in the human mind, that may connect us closer than we think. An instinct, energy or whatever.

But i DON'T believe in any religion. Religion is all culture for me.

12. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

I don't suffer from religion or god, but universe is big place and plenty strange shit out there I'm sure so keep my options open. Can't really accept idea of god, since he'd have to be a real sick bastard, so no thanks I guess. I got no problem with other people believing if it gets them through the day, as long as they keep it to themselves and don't start killing people over it and stuff.

13. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    A crime ? it's not a crime...

There are much more important real crimes without victims...

For example i was arrested with an ounce of hashish and was accused of all sort of shits...

Well who's the victim of the "crime" of smoking marijuana ? Who am i harming ? Myself ? If i am the victim, then what happens if i choose to stop the pursuit ? After all a lawsuit is a victim against a guilty, in other words "me against me"

When i went to court i made myself a DIY tshirt with a big marijuana leaf smoking a joint, and it was written in big letters "MAY THE VICTIM OF MY CRIME PLEASE STAND UP AND ACCUSE ME ?"

The judge didn't like it and i was accused of outrage to the court :(

Ok this is off-topic.... but it was just to say there are more important things than blasphemys :p It is a crime just to christians... Another religious bullshit, just like some religions think eating pork is a crime...

14. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Great, first I'm a dick, now supposedly I attacked a fellow member for believing in God XD
    I get more and more punk every single day XD

15. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    I don't understand what you are talking about

But eh, you are an anarcho-punk who believe in god ?!? wtf

16. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

No I'm not, but Anxiety mentioned that 'everyone' attacked him, I recall no such thing from my side.
    I also recall Wonder saying that any but four members were being dicks in a diff thread and I was NOT one of those four members. :p

17. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    oh okay, sorry, i probably missed a part of this debate so it explains my confusion !

18. miserablist

miserablist Experienced Member Experienced member

Feb 11, 2010

Sorry but all your link shows is that people can become MDs and still be morons. NDE has been studied for donkey's years and most scientists favour the hypothesis that they are akin to lucid dreaming. Dr Long, the author, provides 'proof' in that many people have had a similar experience. Well that happens all the time but to extrapolate from that that there is an after life is absurd and doesn't even qualify as science.

LOL, I've seen all sorts of crazy shit when I've hallucinated. He is talking out of his rectum here.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *coff coff splutter* *light another cigarette* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Thank you for posting that, its pure gold. :lmao:

19. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

I think you were one of 'the four', but a bit misspelled. Although really only Wonder knows i guess.

20. Rabbit

Rabbit Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 26, 2009

1. Props for the shirt
    2. I will fight for my right to eat bacon