Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Black flag: Anti Racist?

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Probe, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    i understand it's a sign of the times, that no one spoke out for gays rights back then, but if they still play that song today there is no excuse for it.

2. Rabbit

Rabbit Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 26, 2009

What the hell are you talking about?

3. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

this, go look, see, i was joking, black flag racist, naaaa, i was just saying why r we picking at straws, it's divisive

slip it in is some of their worst shit, anyyyway, 'gay bashing' was popular later on with a few, trying to be anti everything!, the beginnin of the end oh and the later music sucked, don't paint by numbers with brushes, if ya don't get the irony, is it punk

or all aussies r racist by nature
    all asians deal with triads
    gays are witches
    come on people....

4. persona-non-grata

persona-non-grata Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 9, 2010

being sexist is not being anti-women lol[/quote]

ok ur right XD

5. A Better World

A Better World Experienced Member Experienced member

Feb 28, 2010

leave the political correctness to the democratic party if you look at all the punk songs we listen to im sure you can find something that offends you personally a song isnt a definitive view into someones charecter its just something they were thinking or feeling at the time Black Flag racist or sexist i dont think so

6. Kobac

Kobac Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    I m about to have a nervous breakdown my head really hurts,this verses...they re so true i ve had it he

7. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    black flag turned to crap almost the instant that rollins joined.

8. Kobac

Kobac Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    Keith morris and dez cadena are better in my opinion but henry is guy for that kind of band.keith was more for humor songs but henry could make from louie,louie a really psihotic song

9. badman

badman Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 24, 2010

...she said she left the band because they were to misogynistic.
    anyway who gives a fuck if their racists or the most tolerant people in the world, the real issue is they fact that THEY BLOW! Most over rated band ever.

10. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Yeah Rollins is a moron he wanted to be a rockstar look what he has become today now he's an actor in hollywood movie hahhaa what a capitalist pig

11. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    i just don't like how after rollins joined the band devolved into a bad heavy metal cliche.

12. DrunkSquid

DrunkSquid Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 11, 2009

well i used to like black flag when i was around 15-16 years old
    honestly now i can't stand listening to it, or most other 80s hardcore (except crucifix,wasted youth)..well not just

seriously, it's fucking boring, dull music. the fucking monotone groans of dull uninteresting lyrics about stupid bullshit.

"depression, is gonna break free, depression, is gonna kill me!" or something stupid like taht
    or like a song about tv parties that everyone thinks is so god damn funny when it really isn't funny whatsoever and it's just pure annoying unless these same people are huge fans of the bloodhound gang, and in turn support entities who promote sexism because chances are tons of stupid hoods and jocks banged some drunk girl they tricked into having sex with their fucking ugly asses.

13. Derek Danger

Derek Danger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

Okay, back up a step...

I like Black Flag. First of all, you don't like them and I won't argue with you, because liking and not liking stuff is your right, BUT... who says I like utter shit like Bloodhound Gang? Just sayin', simply liking one band does NOT mean I like another, unrelated band.

Further to this I hate asshole jocks and I'm certainly not a fan of date rape (I think that's what you're alluding to). I've had that happen to too many friends to think it's the kind of thing you should accuse people of supporting (or even doing) and take it lightly. I'm not pissed at you, and I don't think you're necessarily a dick or whatever, but try not to be so extremely specific when you don't have the facts.

So, to summarise: Liking Black Flag and being a sexist, date-rape promoting Bloodhound Gang fan are not definitely mutually compatible facts.

14. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Just because your brown doesn't mean you aren't racist, there are certain parts of NYC i cant go because im white.