Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Band Names?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by XxInGrindWeCrustxX, Nov 8, 2012.

1. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

HAHA I didn't write that on purpose!

2. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    hehe, I know.

3. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Punkmar, let me paint you a better picture of the situation. I knew all those people that were there. Most of them are gangsters but I respect them and they respect me, as I've known some of them for many years. I admit this chick caught me off-guard but I didn't see it as a challenge towards me, in fact her "compliment" was added on more as an after-thought and she seemed sincere enough about it. And after we all started laughing she even seemed a bit bashful by what she'd just said and I'm sure when seen in this light, you wouldn't have wanted to try to embarass her even more in front of all her friends by actually dropping your pants and expecting her to put her money where her mouth is? But like I said, another time and another place and I'll take her up on her offer.

4. Veganarchy

Veganarchy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 10, 2009

Obama Bin Laden or Adolf Hipster :thumbsup:

5. XxInGrindWeCrustxX

XxInGrindWeCrustxX Experienced Member Experienced member

Sep 2, 2012

Adolf Hipster sounds pretty cool. I was also considering the title Rotten-Ass in the Aus-Rotten font style. I thought of it when I saw Napalm Death yesterday (FUCK YEAH) from some Rotten-Ass smelling crusty man in front of me.

6. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Rotten-Ass lol. What other names have the rest of your band come up with?

7. nclpw

May 25, 2012

remember to use lots of letters that aren`t in the english alphabet, like ö, ü or ä. röttën-äss, yeah that looks crusty.

8. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Yeah that makes it sound real hardcore!

9. morethanfights

morethanfights Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 10, 2012

the easiest and laziest way to come up with a band name is taking a song or album name from a band you like

10. nclpw

May 25, 2012

hit me babü öne möre tyme

11. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Ey, I just noticed you're plugged in! Or you could just take a dictionary and find some really obscure words that no-one but an academic has heared of and combine them in creative ways.

12. morethanfights

morethanfights Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 10, 2012

spike and nclpw, i miss you guys. hahaha one day ill have my laptop back and we can chat it up again!

13. nclpw

May 25, 2012

haha aww, i hope you get your laptop fixed soon!

14. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

Whenever bands use "ö", "ø", "å", "æ", "ä" etc in their bandnames us scandinavians can't help but laugh. I mean, it's actual letters we use and they have a very different sound. So "Motley Crue" becomes "Moeautly Croue'e" or "Motorhead" becomes "Moeautoeaurhead" :lmao:

15. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Do you know if the scandinavian "umlaut" is pronounced the same as in german or maybe slightly different?

16. nclpw

May 25, 2012

haha, vowel mutation? thats what google translate said. there is no "umlaut" in any scandinavian language as far as i know, but if there was the u`s would be pronounced ü.
    and yeah I`ve always wondered why they keep using those letters.

17. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgFtQLv0gUc[/video]

18. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

Spike:
    I actually can't remember, haven't had german classes for quite some years. But it's a little like it I think.

ncipw:
    I think the Swedes uses the umlaut a lot - Danes just have the "Æ, Ø, Å". We often write "ø" like "oe" if we're on an out-of-country computer, and as far as I understand, the germans do the same with the "ö"

19. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Yes, the same rule applies for every umlaut in german. So ümläüt could also be written as uemlaeuet.

20. fuckthesystemnow

fuckthesystemnow Member New Member

Nov 19, 2012

I think simply --Sewer would be a good name since the world has turned into a giant sewer with all the negative aspects that a sewer would or could have. Just my first idea, I will think up more soon. Hope ya like it.