Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

bad brains and homophobia...

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by disfuck, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Cocytus

Cocytus Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 14, 2009

What im saying isnt homophobic at all, its the same thing as someone in the military demanding respect due to them being a marine/soldier/naval officer, you dont deserve any more respect and attention than anyone else in the world.

2. QueerPunk

QueerPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2009

There is a difference between demanding respect and asserting yourself as a person...the latter is what I tend to do.

I don't demand respect like some of the older punks on the scene do, yeah I might be young in comparisson to some of the older ones but that means I need to have my fucking time and enjoy myself and it will be a cold day in hell if some older elitist prick gets in my way.

3. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

now your being ageist, old this young that bla, queer me this straight me that, fuck! don't preach to the converted, notice this is anarcho punk haha, tell us whats up not waaa is me even though life sucks as it were, maybe we can help

coyctus i neva sed u were homophobic, its called a a question mark, i begged the question but respect for the army ummmmmm, individuals sure, institutions ummmmm

4. t-bag

t-bag Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 24, 2009

Think it had alot to do with Homosexuality being illegal in the country they were raised in. Surely they should think for themselves as grown men but i guess some people just don't have the mental capacity to question what is being fed to them. Darryl Jennifer however later Distanced himself from the homophobic views as posted here.

"Bassist Darryl Jennifer further stated in the 2007 interview, "In Rastafari and even in Christianity, they disagree with homosexuality. That’s a known fact.". In the same interview, he also distanced himself from his earlier homophobic statements, saying:

So the point being here, when we first were discovering Rastafari – like any young men or any young women getting into anything – you’re overzealous. Back in 1988, I might have been saying, “Fire burn…” I’m 25 years old! You’ve got to understand that I’m a young man growing, getting into something. Now I’m 46 years old and I’ve learned that that’s ignorant. I’ve learned through the years that we’re all God’s children, regardless of your race, creed, color, sexuality, any of that".

5. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    Then should we overlook this about them since they claim they aren't that way now, or do we boycott them for ever thinking that way in the first place?

6. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

i'm slightly hedonistic and humanist i think, i say we forgive, same with saying screwdriver were always racist, well they are now, facts sometimes matter

7. t-bag

t-bag Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 24, 2009

I'm not willing to just throw away my bad brains records. People do stupid shit when they are young and although i lost alot of respect for them and will no longer endorse their music,Ill still throw them on when i'm in the mood. (Which isn't often)

8. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

respect all things