Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Back Patches

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by russaddams, Oct 25, 2012.

1. russaddams

russaddams Member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

For reasons which should be obvious I've removed a Crass back patch from my go-to cold-weather hoody. At this point I'm looking for a new back patch to cover the now-barren area of my hoody. I'm aware of a few places online that I don't mind supporting, but was wondering if anyone on here is aware of any places worth supporting that sell anarcho/crust/political/etc.. back patches. Does No-Gods-No-Masters.com offer any of their stuff in back patch form? I would love to support NGNM but don't have the money to drop on a t-shirt (Or else I'd just get one of the shirts, cut out the graphic, and sew it on my jacket). Thanks in advance!

2. killcorporate

killcorporate Member New Member

Mar 8, 2011

There is some website called crustpunks.com you can go to, or angryyoungandpoor.com but the latter can be a tad overpriced at times but so can anything I guess. Go to your localshop if you can, but they can be hard to find..as in my case. And yeah it's funny how you made that last comment, I used to buy patches and make shirts out of them, it's way cheaper haha

3. morethanfights

morethanfights Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 10, 2012

4. russaddams

Mar 3, 2010

Thanks for the suggestions! I would definitely support local, but I live in Arkansas and the last place that had anything to do with punk stuff was run by my wife, hah.. So at this point I'm searching for places that could be considered "worthy causes" to monetarily support..

5. russaddams

Mar 3, 2010

I don't really understand how some of these online punk shops can sell a lot of the black metal stuff considering that (with few exceptions) most of these bands are racist, nationalistic, or homophobic, if not all of the above. Just an observation.

6. persona-non-grata

persona-non-grata Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 9, 2010

why don't you try to DIY your own? it is fun to do and really satisfying if you DIY your backpatch you have something to wear with pride :p it's easy as well just look for a nice print ( stencilpunks.org has some really cool prints ) then you can print it on a piece of paper and stick that to a piece of cardboard cut out the print with an execto knife paint over te stencil (a paint roller will work best) on a piece of cloth et voila there's your 100% DIY backpatch (to be able to wash it use acrylic paint and after drying cover the print with a piece of paper preferably baking paper? (that stuff that goes in the oven when baking cookies) and iron over it)

then if you still want to support this site/no god's no masters you can just make a donation (I guess)

:ecouteurs:

nutz!

7. russaddams

Mar 3, 2010

Thanks for the suggestion and detailed instructions persona! I will definitely have to try my hand at the methods you mentioned. I've made some stenciled shirts before, but the ironing stuff will be a new undertaking for me.

8. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Good idea about taking off that Crass patch :p

No-Gods-No-Masters.com doesn't sell patches because our printer doesn't print them... But i used to make tshirts and cut the design to use it as patches... It's more expensive than traditional backpatches but the design is better quality and you can have your own unique design that can't be found on other places

9. zakkman666

zakkman666 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 20, 2012

I usually buy my patches from Interpunk. $5 back patches and $1.50 regular patches of all my fave non-local bands is just awesome! Also since I'm heavily into the Choking Victim-style bands Interpunk has alot of exclusive merch on there.

10. AnarchoStreetTrash84

AnarchoStreetTrash84 Active Member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2011

I took an old Crass T shirt I had and made a back rocker to go under my Germs backpatch.