Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by punkmar77, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    but i like trolls... i would love to live under a bridge somewhere and force people to give me gold to let them cross it or i'd knock them into the bog of eternal stench...

2. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Im not going to see avatar because fox is so evil and corporate and :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs:

looks like youll have to boycott the other 5,000,000 movies they have made that you have already paid to see.

3. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

dances with wolves....with smurfs

4. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

i already sed i've tested things on myself(listen) and i've decided to boycot from here on in as they are dumbing down beyond all proportions, i haven't seen it but this movie is beyond the pale in propertion to its budget and all things therein and the advertising is reaching brainwahsing proportions, like fox's others overhyped crowding out the 'market'/ideas new endeavours that retell stories such as adi amins and any other historical classic value story to suit their means, keep em dum keep em keen, if u see it for free then sweet but then again aren't u telling others its ok for fox to do what they do, and if you don't care why comment.... blah blah blah, heaps of mainstream fantasy movies in the 80's put eco into peoples minds and all they did was buy a hybrid ie: it didn't do shit so that argument is vaccuous, its though some have historical amnesia and hey if the nazis made an eco movie would you say sweet

r u an anarchist

5. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

As much as I would love to boycot everything evil, It's fuckin impossible to know about it all. I try and try and try but still there allways seems to be something I've done that I shouldn't have. I for one do not know all about how every movie making company on the other side of the atlantic handles their business, and since so much of the movies of the world are made in USA and I do like to sometimes watch movies (not that I ususlly pay...) it would be nice to know, are there any 'nice' ones?

6. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

i'm boycotting the worst, ie: one that feeds anti free thought media, supports weapon trading which feeds the war for oil and so on and so on and so on which leads to things like what the nazis did by burning books but even more insidious, show them the door as much as you can, hurt their capitalist right wing extremist margins

warners is trying to do a deal to show fox 'news', i hope they don't but there are some media organisations that aren't rupertfucked? i'm not sure which ones or become the media as they say, listen to your forebears who knew what ruperts plans were as they were on the ground floor as it were

fox didn't used to be as bad but now they are the epitome
    of evil and i will not give them money to feed their idea of a machine

if you hated bush you hate fox

bush: the man who tryed to strike down 'habeus corpus', the right to a free and fair trial, the very basis of freedom, do u remember people

7. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

haha, I do know who bush is :p
    It's not that I don't know anything... Basically I avoid buying things from USA all together, and all big evil corporations no matter where they are located but it's almost impossible to not ever accidentaly support something. If I download a movie I don't think it's as bad as paying to see it, but I still see it and in a way I guess I have contributed to spreading their messages.

8. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

your post count stays at 88 and that tends to be a number that denotes summit? so you'd rather do nada when all you have to do is make a concerted decision not to take part in their propagandha machine

i never said u know nada but people seem prepared to do nada with impunity, hardly anarchist

the point is not what you buy but fox media itself and also why should a movie with the biggest adverstisng budgets made by... them them them(black flag) get mentioned here, how bout we talk about movies that aren't full of war mongering agenda, its not like its adi amins home movies and 3d is here to stay so why is this movie important, its not but who its made by today is, don't believe the hype oh and fuck fox to death lest a another child starves or another bomb is dropped

if you knew that a weapons factory was charging an entry fee to their factory to help build nuclear weapons, would you go

9. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

Ok, I might seem aefully stupid here but I don't understand what you're saying here. And before you jump to conclucions; yes, english is as a matter of fact my second language :p But i'd not rather do nothing, I just can't do shit about what I don't know anything about and even though it seems like ignorance is bliss I try to get to know as much as possible. And what I do know about I try to do something about. Just that it isn't so easy to get to know about all the corruptness and shittyness of the world. Of cos I'm not against everyone from USA, it's not something personal, but there are a lot of big evils over there, and here too, and it seems extra stupid to buy evil shit that gets shipped over half the world.

10. Wonder138

Wonder138 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2009

I like how no one is even talking about the topic

11. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Hey man I tried, but no one ever listens to me {pleure}
    There... got rid of this year's emo-mo already :p

12. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    ASA your absolutely right about FOX but I don't think the comment about 88 was waranted towards Anom, that was left field shit from you. Just sayin.....homie.

Anom: 88 is hatespeech code for "Heil Hitler" as the H is the eighth letter of the alphabet.
    :/

13. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

Oh. Thank you Punkmar for filling me in.
    And thank you ASA for being such a nice and compasionate human being. My deepest and most sincere appologies to you for not knowing everything and for not doing more than I can. I will imediately get off my ass and go blow something up.

14. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

um just fuck fox. that is all, your welcome, wowza

15. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

your not alone

16. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

lets get out the das nasty shall we haha

17. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Going back to Avatar, Punkmar77 wasn't the only one that noticed, just saw an article in Dutch paper the PZC about Avatar, calling it an 'ecological sci-fi fairy-tale' (haven't read it yet, so I'm assuming in the best sense of the word).

18. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

trust the media, huh, they call it hype, c it by all means but i bet its full of nothing except effects and giving fox money today, naaa, i heard from my mate it was utter drivel

19. Steiner

Steiner Member Forum Member

Dec 28, 2009

I haven't seen Avatar, so I cannot give you a full review of what I thought. I can tell you that I haven't seen Avatar because I think the general concept isn't revolutionizing at all in the film industry, the $500million production budget is outrageous, and I don't wish to pay theatre prices to see a poorly written script. I am slowly finding most movies produced these days are unable to keep my attention for however long they run.

http://io9.com/5422666/when-will-white-people-stop-making-movies-like-avatar

There is an article to read about Avatar's "white guilt" type of message. While I don't believe the horrors "white" folks have created in the world should be forgotten, but the continual upbringing of the topic is definitely overused. I believe a lot of the major companies and businesses are using that topic to act counter culture to gain the fan base of folk like us (alternative minded, and knowledgeable of these scenarios).

Although I do bitch and moan about these topics being old (I deal with them daily in school and personal readings), they do somewhat promote a positive message as punkmar77 mentions. The issue is, everyone I have talked to about Avatar have not mentioned anything about the messages, and only about "its like pocahontas" or "the CGI was amazing". I've also heard that the script is quite terrible.

My roommate brought District 9 to the house when he got it for Christmas, and I watched it. I enjoyed it for what it was worth, a Hollywood film, not a revolutionary look at humanity and our approach to those who are different to us. I believe it takes a little bit of a different approach to the alienation (bahaha...pun) of a different being.

20. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

Thankyou, how can you listen or watch stuff thats all the same either, the brain needs food, not just icecream, itc called dumbing down and all that it does is get reflected onto anyone! whos slightly different until the mob sets in.

make a stand, be proud, get wise, deny! the impassity or the fire of impunity will burn you up.