Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by punkmar77, Dec 31, 2009.

1. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    So I let my 14 year old daughter drag me to the movies last night to see the Mega-hit movie Avatar in 3-D, I rarely go to see big budget films but I love her very much and thats what she wanted to watch. So this movie seems to glorify a futuristic version of Eco-Terrorism, I couldn't help but think of all the brothers that have been jailed and perecuted in the defense of the Earth, and I really think the director and writers of this huge budget film had the same thing in mind. So is the 'green terror' finally turning a page into mainstream society? Everything in the movie was a metaphor for the struggles in Washington and Oregon and Northern California and British Columbia etc. I try not to support these types of movies but the message and propaganda seam to be a positive......

2. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

I agree. Not to be saying too much here and spoil it for those who hasn't seen it but wants to, but an other thing that surprised me was that, ok one us-guy was kinda portrayed as a heroe some of the time, but usa was not. In most big films from "over there" the us government or military or something saves the world you know, but it wasn't really like that here. Possitive surprise.

3. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

I am boycotting Fox, Mr Ryoko, thankyou

'why is with information at the hands of the young that they fail to pick up the mantle' - @!

4. Cocytus

Cocytus Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 14, 2009

They re-made ferngully the last rainforest.
    with a 400+ million$ CGI skin, in turn making it look like a glossed up land before time 3.
    It seriously took him 10 years, to make captain planet with cats?

I personally think James Cameron has spent too much time underwater.
    He hasnt made a good film since Terminator 2.

He is also a freemason, which gives me way less respect for him.

He has taken the Hollywood opiate of putting technology before the story.

Sorry, it sucked, like 99.99999999999999% of anything to come out since 1995

5. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

Freemason... eew! They turn up fucking everywhere! To my defence here, I can say that I downloaded it so they got no money from me.

6. Hex

Hex Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 22, 2009

orly? how was the copy? any chance of PMing me the link? ;)

7. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    That goes without saying, what I was getting at was the Hollywood romanticizing of Eco-Defense

8. Cocytus

Cocytus Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 14, 2009

Ya, its pretty apprarent.

Ferngully did the same thing, hollywood has run out of ideas.

9. Wonder138

Wonder138 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2009

I sall avatar good movie tho its basically a sci-fi version of the Disney movie Pocahontas
    and honestly if that is what he wanted to show no one will rely see it cause there to busy looking at the quote on movie "blue monkeys" running around and all the cool effects so if that was his message he failed only the ppl like us who see threw the lines would noticed that no mainstream fool will get into that just like the band U2 is greatly against war and things like that but every ones to busy getting drunk and jamming out at there concerts to rely care about it they might care about while its being said but its not gonna change any thing tho it makes me wonder what about are music why dose it actually create followers and scream for change as a culture and not just as a band

10. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

When the Daily News closed, Royko worked for its allied morning newspaper, the Chicago Sun-Times. In 1984, when Rupert Murdoch bought the Sun-Times, for whom he said he would never work: No self-respecting fish would be wrapped in a Murdoch paper and that, His goal is not quality journalism. His goal is vast power for Rupert Murdoch, political power.

i am against all fox network 'ideas', giz a free burn but ya wouldn't c the 3d wudya? and congrats on not if so passing on dosh, fuck fashion, punks an idea, if u ain't got brains maybe you shud think again.

11. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    :ecouteurs: ASA try to make it so us ludites can understand your futurespeak....please?

12. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    i won't see avatar until i can see it for free, i refuse to give hollywood any money, but someone told me avatar is basically dances with wolves in outer space... so hollywood has no originality, i'd rather watch dances with wolves again if that's the case...

13. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Is it me or is everyone missing the point of this thread? Eco-Defense is being assimilated into the mainstream...coopted. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I could care less about this film as a work of art...its crap wrapped in a half a billion dollars of shiny paper. And truthfully I didn't know it was a Fox Film because I don't research movies since I never go to them. When any radical movement is assimilated into the mainstream it loses its power to change anything!

14. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

everything fox creates is more money in thier pockets for war, racism and all that baaaad stuff so best to stay clear oh annnd their arts crap, why bother, i don't act lightly nor am judgemental just ask people to actually think about it

i have experienced it, ya don't think i haven't trialed it on myself before the ovvver hype this movie has got, 'we don't have money for social policy', 'oh look we spent 6 billion on a movie, with no story but it has no agenda', as long as it suits their agenda they would talk to al quaeda

if 3d's the new black then other less draconian companies wil use it, capiche, unless rupert wants that whole pie too, he can't have it, society says so and i ain't giving him cash for weapons that fund 'the system' that kills with impunity for profit, no how, who's a terrorist, don't get fooled dgain, oh looked i just bumped this thread, i hope fox dieeees, i hope, u want eco freedom then media freedom too or nada

15. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Dude, no offense, but I fail to see the connection to the co-opting of eco-defence o_O
    Anyway, punkmar: I wouldn't necessarily call it co-opted just yet, one or two films don't make a difference in the giant armour of ignorance that's protectively wrapped around the mainstream with such care. I think it might raise awareness just a little to the people that were already thinking slightly outside the box, but most people tend to need a slap in the face, in my experience.

16. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

Fox did a story on the sea shepard; only cause its against the 'dirty japs', fox agendas is bushs agenda, eco warrior my arse, you make a move, they'd shoot you down with the weapon industry that fox helps create oh and they probabaly buy those rare wood tables too or own the company that cuts down rainforests to make em and why is this movie important with so much hype! and 3d being the important part, fox don't add stories just twists of perception, all fox media is biased beyond belief and i say boycot or give them money to fight against all of us, they don't need any more 'power'.

everything fox has done is anti art, anti freedom and anti free thought, nazis made cool movies too but scrape the surface and a wolf is laughing its arse off at ya while locking up ya friends

17. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    I have no idea what you are saying, or attempted to say...

18. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

did you have to quote me on that/sound like a troll and wat? is english your second language? or are you picking at grammar? and if so, please just say so, you appear very 'anxious' huha

fox invests in the weapons industry that fuels the war for oil, hardly eco friendly, fox is a weapon for the bush admin etc... and right wing propagandha(racists), giving fox money is helping these industries

they are a sheep in wolfs clothing, ooh pretty pictures: for a weapon of mass destruction

19. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    is english my second language? lol

20. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

stop being a troll, lol