Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Anyone in the Philly area want to jam?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by anok_&_peace, Nov 29, 2011.

1. anok_&_peace

anok_&_peace New Member New Member

Nov 28, 2011

Hey everyone. I'm new here and I figured that this might be a good way to reach out and find like-minded musicians in my area.

I'm a bass player, looking for a guitarist or drummer in the Philly/tri-state area.

I'm into all sorts of music, ranging from classical to drone doom, etc. but (at the risk of sounding cliche-as-fuck) punk has touched and shaped my life more than any other genre of music out there.
    I really want to form some sort of crust-oriented band. I just want to make something heavy with a lot of contrasting tempos and effects, coupled with a DIY ethic and other "punk sensibilities".

Looking to form a REAL band - as in the kind that writes songs, releases material and tours.
    Serious (but not too serious) musicians only. Not necessarily looking for the most talented people out there, as I certainly don't include myself in that bracket of musicianship, but I AM looking
    for individuals that could see themselves being dedicated to something like this.

If anyone is interested, hit me up.