Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

anyone going to Bali (Indonesia) WTO, Dec 2013?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaco.Chow, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Jaco.Chow

Jaco.Chow New Member New Member

Mar 3, 2013

anyone going to Bali (Indonesia) WTO, Dec 2013?

hi there.

from the World Trade Organization web site:
    http://www.wto.org/english/news_e/news1 ... ul12_e.htm
    "The General Council, during its meeting on 25-26 July 2012, agreed that the 9th WTO Ministerial Conference would be held in Bali, Indonesia in the first week of December 2013."

just wanna know if anyone of you are going to Bali?
    me and my friends - some Hong Kong so called "activists" - are planning to go there, to see what's gonna happen.
    and ofcoz, we would like to participate in the protest or some events. if possible.

our friends from the migrant workers union told us, it seems that the conference will take place on a little island next to Bali, so it's gonna be difficult - if not impossible - to land on that island.
    so maybe they will have their WTO events held at Jarkata only.

also, some of us used to hang out with autonomous/anarchist oriented or far-left oriented groups,
    and my band mates use to write a few "punk" songs (the band just broke up, though),
    so we want to visit the Indonesian punk scene too.
    i heard them Indonesians have a very strong punk scene.
    but i just started listening to UK/US/Swedish/Europe/Jap hardcore, D-beat, street punk, crust, grind........etc like 2-3 years ago, and i never visit any punk/anarchist forums before (becoz of language).
    so i have no idea where to find the punk/anarchist collectives over there......

anyone knows?

it's still making us hesitate. if we are not going to see any punx / anarchist, and not going to experience any anti-WTO protest (somewhat a bit close to the Conference place!),
    i think we might as well just save the money. air tickets are expensive and we are not rich.