Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Any Powerviolence fans???

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Carlos, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Carlos

Carlos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 1, 2010

so anyone into powerviolence, cuz i couldnt find much of it in the music uploads :/

2. some asian dude

some asian dude Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 21, 2009

I am, i posted a Crossed Out 7", An Infest 7", and a Spazz 7", and i believe that there is some Man Is The Bastard on here. Not really anything obscure or hard to find.

3. Carlos

Jan 1, 2010

yeah, i saw those, ill try to post some neanderthal, no comment, and despise you if you can consider them power violence

4. some asian dude

some asian dude Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 21, 2009

Hell yeah those are definently Power Violence. I just never know where they belong on this forum, because alot of them i'd consider non-anarcho

5. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    other downloads is fine

6. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

If you have soulseek i can get you pretty much whatever powerviolence your looking for (i have over 18,000 songs).I just havent uploaded any here. I love that shit next to grind/crust and anarcho. You looking for anything inparticular? I can also recommend you a ton of bands based on the ones you wanted to find.

7. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    from the name of this thread i thought this was going to be about UFC or some other fighting thingy...

8. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

emoviolence>powerviolence

you heard me.

9. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

emoviolence? I have NEVER heard this term before....is that self inflicted by any chance?

10. Carlos

Jan 1, 2010

emoviolence...i had never heard of the term, but i looked it up, and it seems to me like its very powerviolence influenced.
    any ways, heres my list of powerviolence bands that i enjoy:

INFEST, Crossed Out, Capitalist Casualties, No Comment, Neanderthal, GodStomper, ACXDC, Man is the Bastard, Asshole Parade, Despise you, Hatred Surge, Harms Way, Lack Of Interest, Spazz....Theres a bunch more, but these are on the top of my list.

Theres also a some what new band named PUNCH! which are female fronted, they claim to be Vegan Thrashcore, and her vocals are intense!!!
    in my opinion best female vocals for a current powerviolence like band. \m/

11. Carlos

Jan 1, 2010

haha fuck UFC :lmao:

12. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Hell yeah, saw them live almost 10 years ago, what was suprising to me was that they looked like ordinary people, kind of refreshing actually.

13. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Chris Dodge is a motherfucker on that bass!

14. Vegetarian Barbarian

Oct 19, 2009

I have to say Lycanthrophy's female singer is my favorite. Also, Mind of Asian has a good female vocalist, you should check these bands out.

You should also check out the PV bands that take celebrities names, they are usually pretty good... BrucexCampbell, Kent Brockman, ApatheticxRonaldxMcdonald, Bruce Banner etc. etc.

Yea, a lot of PV bands do, Spazz is fucking awesome, Chainsaw to the Face, Magrudergrind, Charles Bronson, American Cheeseburger... just normal guys that can fucking shred hard.

15. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

capitalist casualties and dropdead <3
    the endless blockade, hatred surge, in disgust, iron lung, fuck on the beach, real reggae, shitstorm, bathtub shitter, coke bust, soul swallower, extortion, crossed out, despise you, lack of interest if you haven't listened to em' yet errybody.

edit: how could i forget spoonful of vicodin.

16. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    LOL those all sound like made up names (is that a trend to name a PV band after fictional charcters and actors?)

17. Carlos

Jan 1, 2010

haha Charles Bronson, only theyre way overrated!

18. Carlos

Jan 1, 2010

eeeeeeee, MAGRUDERGRIND!!!
    yea theyre grind, but they kick ass!

19. Vegetarian Barbarian

Oct 19, 2009

They are also considered PV, there are a lot of bands that border this line (Chainsaw to the face is another one). A major example of this is Dropdead, a lot of people consider it to be PV, when its actually more Grind/Crust, i mean you said theres not a lot of PV on here, but there is a lot of Dropdead

The fuck you talking about? People say that because when most people first hear about PV they hear Charles Bronson, or they complain that Charles Bronson is too "happy" to be considered good. Charles Bronson is fucking awesome (and they put on a good live show too).

I personally think its hard to be overrated in a genre such as Powerviolence. Were not exactly talking about MTV status here.

I know, i at first didnt want to listen to them because of this, but they arent too bad, i dont know why they do it. There are others that have been done this, bands such as Scott Biao Army and Chuck Norris. But Charles Bronson was an awesome actor, so to have a PV band named after him is pretty fitting for what his character usually was.

20. Carlos

Jan 1, 2010

yeah but like you said, Dropdead is more along the lines of crust/grind, but theyre a great band!

Your right, powerviolence consist of a very small amount of bands, so its not an overrated genre, But i personally think that theres better bands that dont get enough credit for how good they are, although i can dance to charles bronson anytime haha