Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Any Guitarists?

Discussion in 'Band promotion & new album releases' started by Probe, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

I just read the wiki page about greg ginn and it said that he didnt use any effects just his guitar and amp ...how the hell do u do that? i mean their songs have got sounds that sound like effect. .....know what i mean?

2. persona-non-grata

persona-non-grata Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 9, 2010

i've been playing for 4 year or so just start by playing someone elses songs learn some blues scales and learn to improvise start a band begin with some cover to get to know the way you play with eachother and then write some songs of yourself that's how i did it and it helped for me also in my band right now we have me (punk) my bast friend (stoner/punk/hc/.../...../...../..../.../.././././/.////././..//..) and some kid i kinda know and who play the drums a little (kinda dont like him but we needed a drummer he's kinda into greenday and stuff ) and becouse of the diffrent styles my friend likes he inspired me to listen to more stuf (electro/industrial and that kindof stuf) and that way we are trying to be a litle experimenting by throwing in breaks and wierd ass psychadylic solo's end effects that way we try to carve out our own spot :p

3. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

Guitarist for twenty years here - more of a noodler than guitarist.
    Ultimate-Guitar definitely the best
    Got the Tab for Misfits Last Caress today - cool

4. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

DirtyRottenThrashPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2010

I've been playing since I was about 11 (so 6 years), I'd say I have a relatively high skill level, I can play my hyperspeed thrashcore songs I've been writing (I'm trying to get a band together) and almost never fuck up, and even if I fuck up I can get back on time very easily. As for learning songs I basically just figure them out on my own, I have a very good ear. And I also know music theory pretty well-not at Jazz or Classical levels or anything, but better than any other punk/metal/hard rock musicians I've ever met.