Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Any College Kids?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vegetarian Barbarian, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Graduated from Syracuse University with a Bachelor's in Communication Arts and English... anyone else going to or graduated college, getting your masters etc. etc.??

2. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

w00t community college!

3. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

i couldnt make it through high school

4. PsychoHyena

PsychoHyena Active Member Forum Member

Dec 11, 2009

Likewise; dropped out of High School.
    Why would i want to pay excessive amounts of cash to go through a similar hell just for the sake of a bit lousy paper and a life eternally indebted to the banks whom loaned me said excessive amounts of cash.

5. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    I dropped out of community college after 7 years of indecision...

6. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

System works differently here, but I have a diploma for high school or something equivalent and that's it.

7. KnockItBack

KnockItBack Active Member Forum Member

Dec 8, 2009

I'm a bio major at community college. Plan to get a PhD/DVM.

8. Bananaman

Bananaman Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 9, 2009

I'm working on my MA in Biology, hopefully I will finish sometime next year...

9. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Good luck to you Bio majors... that shit aint easy! Anxiety is a van wilder WITHOUT the pretty girl ;)

10. divotfreely

divotfreely Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 4, 2009
     United States
    after traveling and living on the streets for about 15 years I am now going to community to get a automotive degree. surrounded by kidz fresh out of high school that clearly dont want to be here[or think it will look uncool to study}-i really hope i was not such an idiot at that age, though i am sure i was.

IT IS COLD OUT-TELL EVERYONE TO BRING THERE PETS INSIDE!!!please

11. Extinction

Extinction Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 1, 2009

I'm attending community college for my associate in science. I hope then to transfer for my Bachelor's in Political Science. Up here, there's not many fellow punkers, but still some really neat people.

12. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    LOL you don't know that... I've had my share... Of course i'm not as handsome as ryan reynolds, but I concur...

13. KnockItBack

KnockItBack Active Member Forum Member

Dec 8, 2009

Hm I guess I'm alone in not getting the reference... last time I saw that movie, Van Wilder seemed to have it pretty good.
    Oh, and not many are as handsome as Ryan Reynolds, to be honest.

What's worse than the bio part is the chemistry/math park that goes along with the major.

OP, what do you do if you don't mind me asking?

14. Steiner

Steiner Member Forum Member

Dec 28, 2009

Going to University in Canada (U of Waterloo) Majoring in Environmental Studies and looking to get a Minor in Peace and Conflict Studies.

15. Ring Of Truth

Ring Of Truth Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 28, 2009

I got a degree in business administration at Hamilton/Kaplan University in Cedar Falls IA, and then studied at St. Cloud State University in St. Cloud MN to get a teaching degree. But after 6 years of school I realized I couldn't afford text books any more and just quit, haven't paid a student loan in over 2 years... which means I can't go back to school and finish my degree like I hoped to. My goal was to either be a college professor or a High School teacher teaching Literature and Poetry.

16. Valsira

Valsira Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 14, 2009

Yeah I'm at uni doing a BA in History and International Relations. May go for Honours next year just 'cause I have no fuckin' clue what else to do.

And just so you know, if I hadn't gone to uni and studied politics I would probably still be a state-lovin' liberal. Hurrah for higher education!

17. monsieur b

monsieur b Active Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 17, 2009

BA in Literary Studies

I totally agree with you, and to further your points, higher education also helps not becoming a "primary anarchist/communist/whatnot". For instance, I have friend who are commies and they're all going "yeah, Marx is awesome", but have very little idea what Karl Marx actually meant...so hurray for studying political philosophy in general also!

18. New Face In Hell

New Face In Hell Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2010

I'm hoping to go to college sometime in the fall this year, or early next year.

19. FLAmoeba

FLAmoeba Active Member Forum Member

Jan 17, 2010

I've almost got my AA now and I'm starting at the University of North Florida on June 23