Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Any bands want to do some splits?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Some Guy, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Some Guy

Some Guy Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 13, 2011
     Canada
    This might be a long shot, but I was wondering if there’s any chance that some bands would be interested in doing splits with some bands of mine? I’m not sure if this is the best place to put such a post, but oh well.

I just think networking with people and bands I probably otherwise wouldn’t meet in person would be a super cool idea. To be honest, I’ve become good friends with someone through this forum who ended up doing artwork for one of my bands, and then this friend and I then did a recording project together despite living in different countries.

I tend to play in a bunch of bands and do recording projects and typically just self-release EP’s, but it would be super cool to release some splits with some bands.

So here’s a list of bands of mine who could do splits. All of my bands are of the anarcho/vegan variety, so I would prefer to do splits with bands that are at least slightly political.

- I recently put together a fast hardcore/powerviolence sort of band. We have an EP which is almost done. We’re hoping to do a tiny bit of touring this summer. Originally, I was thinking of just self-releasing an EP, probably on a cassette tape. But doing a split would be super cool. This release would probably have to be all put together within 2 months or so though.

- One of my more casual powerviolence bands (Subliminal Resistance) has an unreleased EP. This band may not ever play live though, so a release would be limited to a small number of copies. And we’ll probably do another EP by the end of the summer.

- My hardcore punk band Knives and Forks for Freedom are possibly going to release an acoustic EP, mostly because it’s just a silly idea to play acoustic versions of songs that are normally pretty chaotic. So, if anyone wants has some unreleased acoustic/folk/folk punk songs, or wants to record some, maybe we could put together a limited split. This band of mine should be doing a bit of touring this summer (playing our material normally, rather than acoustically).

- One of my d-beat bands (Mock Order) will very likely record more material this summer, and we were thinking of doing a split.

If anyone may be interested, feel free to shoot me a message!

2. IamMe

IamMe Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2012
     United Kingdom
    hi man i am interested, but for some reason i cant here the music you've uploaded already so dont have a clue what your music sounds like. is it on youtube instead of a download or maybe send me them in an email?

um im not so much of a band its just me, I've made some punk songs and there on here, there mostly sampled lyrics (cos I'm shit at writing lyrics) and me playing music over them the qualities ok but it could be better. currently I'm jamming with a band but I'm the only one into punk and i want to experiment more with punk music, and incorporate it into the music I'm playing now which is like fast funk stuff. but we jam all sorts of wonderfully strange shit. but my guitarist has no interests in punk :( how would this work would you layer your parts of the song then send it to me through an email then i layer my parts and send the back to you? i need to hear your music tho :D