Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Anti-vote punk songs

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by crustybeckham, Apr 20, 2012.

1. crustybeckham

crustybeckham Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2012

As you may know, the French presidential elections will take place this sunday. It won't surprise anyone that we are being bombarded by the various candidates' own propaganda but also by the "pro-vote" rhetorics pervading every mainstream and even alternative media. But coincidentally, this sunday is also the day when I am doing my radio show on Radio Libertaire. Therefore, I think that this is too good a theme to be neglected and I have decided to do an "anti-vote special".

Apart from the second Chumba Lp and one A State of Mind Ep, I don't know that many songs about voting, or rather, anti-vote punk songs. What do you recommend? It doesn't have to be in French or English, on the contrary. If I don't find enough songs on this topic I could always add a couple of "anti-politicians" songs (much easier to find), but I'd rather try and stick to the abstentionist front.

2. crustybeckham

crustybeckham Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2012

Well, thanks for the contribution I guess. :lmao:

I did find a couple of songs against the farcical election system (Bastards, Wretched, SMZB, Upright Citizens, Subcaos, Brainstorm, Ad-Nauseam, Chaos UK, Ex-Humans, HHH, Lixo Social and Rawside). I will post a link to the postcast of the show when I can be arsed.

By the way, there are two rounds in the presidential elections. The choice is between a lying, uncharismatic, jelly-looking, capitalist social-democrat wanker and a immigrants-hating, patriotic, work-fanatic, Pétain apologist cunt. So if you have any other songs against system-sustaining voting...

:ecouteurs:

3. apples&onions

apples&onions Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2012

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t9GWuey5SQ[/video]