Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Anti-System - No Laughing Matter LP (UK1984)

Discussion in 'Anarcho-Punk music albums downloads' started by Spike one of many, May 20, 2023.

1. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    [​IMG]

01-Rhetorical_Stagnation.mp3
    02-The_End_Was_Inevitable.mp3
    03-Brainwashed.mp3
    04-World_That_God_Made.mp3
    05-Dying_In_Agony.mp3
    06-Big_Fallout.mp3
    07-Dont_Worry.mp3
    08-Strange_Love.mp3
    09-Wot_No_Meat.mp3
    10-No_Laughing_Matter.mp3
    11-So_Long_As.mp3
    12-Animal_Welfare.mp3
    13-Empty_Threats.mp3

DOWNLOAD FULL ALBUM

Online This file is hosted on our own dedicated server. Fast download, no ads, no bullshit!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was a little hesitant to upload this since their discography already exists on the APN server however, I don't know about you guys, but I prefer just to listen to an album rather than an entire discography when I'm in my car - and this LP is arguably their best release. I think it's their only LP but they did make some EPs after this which have more of a metal influence. This is pure anarcho-hardcore, British style! If you've never come across this I highly recommend it!

RECORD INFORMATION

No Laughing Matter
    Release Date : 1985

"Recorded at Woodlands Studio October '84." Includes 20-page, political statement/art booklet.
    LISTEN ON YOUTUBE FIND VIDEOS MORE DOWNLOADS

Anti-System Biography

Anti-System is a British anarcho punk band. Formed in Bradford in 1981 with a line-up of Phil (drums), George (bass), Nogsy (vocals) and Dom Watts (guitar) the band recorded a demo whose tracks found their way onto a Pax Records compilation. Their debut release was the five-track 'Defence of the Realm' EP issued in 1983, which was followed (on Reconciliation Records after the closure of Pax Records) with the 'No Laughing Matter' album in 1985 and the 12" 'A Look at Life' EP in 1986. The band reformed in 2014.
    ---

Anti-System were a British anarcho-punk band active in the 1980s.
    They are regarded as an influential band in the crust punk genre.

Original line up consisted of Phil, George, Dom and Dave damned on vocals, following their first gig at the Palm Cove in Bradford, dave Damned was replaced by Nogsy. Formed in Bradford in 1981, with a line-up of Phil(Drums), George(Bass), Nogsy (Vocals) and Dom Watts (Guitar) the band recorded a demo whose tracks found their way onto a Pax Records compilation. Their debut release was the five-track 'Defence of the Realm' EP which was followed (on Reconciliation Records after the closure of Pax Records) with the 'No Laughing Matter' album and the 12" 'A Look at Life' EP.

Like some other anarcho-punk bands of the time the band were promoters of animal rights causes, their debut EP being a benefit for animal welfare groups and prior to the recording of the A Look at Life EP there was a necessity for a new line-up as two of the original members had been imprisoned for various animal rights actions. Mark Keane and Michael Teale were imprisoned in 1986, shortly after recording A Look at Life.

Read More...
    Disclaimer: this biography was gathered automatically through an external music database and could be inaccurate. We don't control the information found here.

Label - Reconciliation Records

RECOMMENDED BANDS SIMILAR TO Anti-System

Legion of Parasites

The Disrupters

Antisect

Chaotic Dischord

Exit-Stance

14 members have read this thread this month

1. Spike one of many
  2. aint ashamed
  3. Robert1962
  4. bruski