Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Anti-racist/fascist Oi bands?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Unite&Resist36, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Bakica

BakicaExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

Red star isn't just a symbol of Soviet Union. One of popular anarhist communities EZLN also uses it, and it represents solidarity, unity.

2. luca89

luca89Active Member Forum Member

Dec 27, 2011

I know that "Zapata" were anarchist,but the EZLN have marxsist ideas..

3. @narcho-Skinhooligan

@narcho-SkinhooliganExperienced Member Experienced member

Nov 25, 2011

Yeah i like Los Fastidos they are pretty good too. Tho I am not sure on their politics. I know they are fans of St.Pauli F.C. in Germany a very very lefty footy team & all the Bonehead Ultras fucking hate St.Pauli F.C. I think they are either Red Skins or Anarcho-Syndicalist Skins. They are very much a part of the R.A.S.H. movement as far as I can tell. I am not a member of the movement, I am Independent. But I deeply respect alot of what they do tho.

4. Derek Danger

Derek DangerExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv5qdj05XUQ[/video]
    Nick Toczek's band The Britanarchists were an anarchist Oi! band with socially-aware lyrics and quite an interesting sound that combined exceptionally clean production with an extremely raw aesthetic. He (Nick) also recorded some interesting sort of peace-punk stuff and a lot of exciting punk poetry on a compilation called the Intolerance Tape (look here for some amazing material by Seething Wells, too).

5. Derek Danger

Jan 29, 2010

Oh, without Nick Toczek, the Britanarchists were known as The Burial. Pro-anarchist Oi! band who sought fusion with a bunch of cool genres, so they're a lot to get into and not politically dodgy at all, with a sound that's a joy to unravel if you can find their material!

6. @narcho-Skinhooligan

Nov 25, 2011

That is some pretty damn good stuff there Derek D.! Thanx, I never heard it before!

7. Derek Danger

Jan 29, 2010

They're certainly a massively underrated outfit, so new listeners make me happy! Make sure to pass them on to friends :)

8. @narcho-Skinhooligan

Nov 25, 2011

Will do buddy! Thanx! & thanx for giving me the chance to post the 125th. post!

9. luca89

Dec 27, 2011

Thank you man!it's a pleasure to speak about good music! \m/

10. @narcho-Skinhooligan

Nov 25, 2011

Thank you too, Yeah it is nice isn't it??

11. luca89

Dec 27, 2011

yeah it is,I am italian!do you listen to any other italian punk bands?

12. @narcho-Skinhooligan

Nov 25, 2011

Some Banda Bassoti. They are from Italy right, or am I wrong? I am very open to you suggesting ANY bands of ANY genres. Any at all I have a wide musical taste. :)

13. luca89

Dec 27, 2011

Yeah,it is.. banda bassotti are italian,i like their rude sound.. i saw em last summer..they are workers and are a part of the working class,moreover they have done many important things for the nicaragua sandinista..they went on nicaragua and helped to build schools and houses..
    despite I hate russian authoritarian communism (this band stands for thouse ideals)I respect em for what they've done for working class..

14. Bentheanarchist

BentheanarchistExperienced Member Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

I emailed a Texas RASH chaper that is still trying to get started and asked them how I can help.