Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Anti-Flag

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by JesusCrust, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I put them in the search bar and nothing came up.

What are your guy's thoughts/ opinions on them.

Personally I like them, they one of the few bands today actually doing something other then music to promote social change.
    It seems like it's became popular and super punk rock to hate and bag on them lately.
    I mean sure, they Signed to RCA, but Chris #2 explains that here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8i4R3t0fSA
    but they're back on an independent label again.

Discuss.

2. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Uh, what are anti-flag doing other than music to promote social change ? Since a couple of years they abandonned all the initiatives they started to make things move.

Anti-flag bame sell outs and now they suck, they're making money by putting their songs in multi-million-dollars movies like Cold Prey 2, we are very far from anti-capitalism

worst of all, the song they put in the movie is bitching the TV industry and the "media machine" but THEY CENSORED THIS PART !!!

the beginning of the song says

"Seems every station on the TV
    is selling something no one can beat
    If every page was torn from the magazine
    would cash still drive the media machine?
    The products, damage and pursuit are endless
    identity can leave you selfless"

But they censored this part !!!!! what a shame !!!!! the song start without the lyrics at the beginning, they just sing the stupid chorus "this is the end for you my friend bla bla bla"

FUCK ANTI-FLAG !

And they look like emos now...

And why sign on a big label they they made their own label ?? They pretend to make a label (anti-flag records) to help the underground band to stay underground but they give the bad example signing with a major... fucking idiots....

3. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

Well first off to that, what stuck out the most to me was "And they look like emos now..."

Is this is supposed to be some sort of reason you don't like them? Do they not fit in to your elitist ideal of punk fashion?

4. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

5. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    No, just another proof they sold out and changed their look AND how their music sound to reach a larger audience.

So that's the only thing that got your attention from my last message ? And what about the big contradiction between their ideas and their actions. How is it anti-capitalist to sell your ass off to a multi-million-dollar movie ??

they signed a contract with RCA / Sony, a major label

And also Fat Wreck Chords sucks bigtime, another label made only for money, plus Fat Mike is a fucking dumbass who make shitty websites like "Punkvoter.com" who encourage young punks to get their electoral cards, vote and play the game of the capitalist system.

Fat wreck chords is one of the worst label of the punk scene, and they also actively fight free downloads by sending lawsuits threats to website sharing their products of cunsommation, eh i mean their music....
    (i can't believe propagandhi and subhumans signed with them)

6. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

Well...leave all that aside...I think there not that bad musically....musically...

EDIT: another thing...what are your views on SideOneDummy Records?

7. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    i don't know enough about them to make an objective opinion so i'll not say anything except they have a couple of shitty bands on the label..

8. Zombiekiller

Zombiekiller Member Forum Member

Apr 18, 2010

I say fuck em if they sold out, like Ungovernable said. but I'll still listen to their older stuff. idk thats just my two cents

9. New Face In Hell

New Face In Hell Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2010

As long as it fits in with the punk dress code, you can dress however you want. Duh. :lmao:

10. trashbastard

trashbastard Member Forum Member

Apr 8, 2010

i completely agree man anti flag is a bunch of sell outs with mo hawks no better then the casualties and they atract an awful crowd...

11. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

Naw fool, Casualties straight up suck balls, that's one band I'm glad I never got into. Anti-flag has songs with good meaning. The album Bright Lights of America was a little shaky in my book, but for some reason I think they're newest one is alright. Old shit FTW though.

12. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.