Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

anti flag good or bad?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by corpratedeath, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    who, ivanovich?

2. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

you'res, please

3. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

millwall

4. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    i have brought millwall's avatar to the attention of the other mods.

5. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

your're ignoring me, hardly, u say fair cop, i say 'grudge', i'm annoyed by your're impunity as a mod, i just can't wait for the day wen we're in the world and 'its one law for them and another law for us', i question all the time and others have not taken it the wrong way

I don't Take you Seriously at All

6. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Anyone named MILLIE on this sight who's now going to be offended????

7. Unreasonable Man

Unreasonable Man Active Member Forum Member

Feb 14, 2010

When you're 14 they kick ass.

8. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

Anti Flag? Er, I like the first 10 'bass' seconds of Bring Out Your Dead, thats about it. Not heard much, though.

9. NGNM85

NGNM85 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Listen to "Die for the Government", it's AMAZING. Sadly, everything else falls short. However, "Terror State", "Blood & Empire", "Underground Network", "Their System Doesn't Work for You", and "New Kind of Army" show sporadic greatness mixed with mediocrity. Good band, pretty good live, as I recall.

10. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Their new album, "The people of the gun" I believe, has a lot of Marxist influence talking a lot about the proletariat, including some references straight out of the communist manifesto, "Proletarians of the world unite;
    you have nothing to lose but your chains."

you have my attention.

11. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

After all the too-ing and fro-ing on the Sex Pistols versus Conflict etc, gonna throw a stick of dynamite into the mix and run :lmao:
    There has been a lot said that the first Brit-punk band was the Pistols. Hate to say it but the Damned pre-dated the Pistols both in release of a 7" and album by almost a year. Their first single New Rose was released in October 1976 and their album Damned, Damned, Damned on February 18th 1977, whereas Never Mind the Bollocks... was not released until October 1977.
    People also forget that the Damned were on nearly all of the Pistols tours including those that were cancelled. They were also on the bill at the pub in High Wycombe that was essentially the first venue to allow punk bands to play and then also the first venue to ban punk bands due to local council intervention.
    Of course the Dmaned sort of never were 'mainstream' punk and turned more down the 'gothic' punk road. I say that tongue in cheek, when I talkl about mainstream etc

12. NGNM85

NGNM85 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Yeah, the Damned RECORDED first,.....but they formed AFTER the Sex Pistols, who were gigging around at the time. Incidentally, Sid was supposedly scheduled to audition to be the lead singer, but never showed. Good info, but I don't really see any major implications, other than that the Damned are a good band and deserve respect, but I can think of a hundred punk bands I could say that about.

13. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

How fucking awesome are the Offspring live, Dexter sounds EXACTLY the same as studio produced records. Plus they have a good sense of humor, I went to their concert years ago and for intermission they had some fat ass sumo wrestler come on stage, flower petals dropped form the ceiling, pink lights and some weird ass song came on. The sumo guy was sway his arms in the air, the crowd followed, the place was filled with laughter. No one saw it coming, was so god damn random but it was hilarious. It is a shame I can't get into their newer stuff, a lot of their music is very overlooked. Their gems lie in the songs that don't get any radio play and no one talks about. Listen to Pay the Man on Americana, tis awesome.

You reminded me of that drawing, it has a punk in a library giving the librarian a book, the book is labeled 'Bad Religion Dictionary'. I can't seem to find it anymore, I found it quite funny.

14. Protspecd

Mar 3, 2010

Accidentally double posted, please delete.

15. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

Can we please continue with this conversation? it really funny...:D :D

16. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

Yeah I heard that. I also saw an interview with Malcolm Mclaren and Johnny Lydon was never meant to be the lead singer of the Pistols either. Vivienne Westwood told Mclaren that she had some one in mind to front the band and it was supposed to be Paul Simonon from The Clash. Lydon walked into the shop and Mclaren mistook him for the person that Westwood meant and auditioned him.

17. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    it's funny, actually there is an online bad religion site somewhere that has a BR Dicitionary for all those big words. If nothing else, Greg G shows punks can be intelligent not just fringe, teaching classes at Cornell U and all.

18. Protspecd

Mar 3, 2010

Oh that's too funny. I wish he was my teacher, would be a dream. Listening to a Bad Religion album is like being in an English class musical.

19. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Wow,

The Exploited, Bad Religion, The Offspring....
    Protspecd you listen to a lot of shitty music.

20. Derek Danger

Derek Danger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

I think you're referring to a nothing nice to say comic. go to mitchclem.com/nothingnice and check the archive. I can't remember which one it is, sadly, but look in the archive for comics called "bad religion" or "dictionary" or "bad religion dictionary" etc. and you'll almost certainly find it. Read a few more while you're there, Mitch has quite a nice little comic there.