Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Another new feature : bands biography and pictures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ungovernable, May 21, 2010.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    I have been trying to add this feature for a while and i had some troubles (that's why there was bugs on the topics yesterday) but it is finally here ! I always wanted to add a feature like this to one of the forums i manage, so i'm glad i finally understood how to do this

For almost all downloads on this forum, the biography, a picture, and similar artists are automatically displayed without you have to do anything. I wanted to add a section to post biographys and pictures but it would have been very hard to build a decent database, and i doubt a lot of users would have contributed.

But now this problem is solved because the script I made will just take the biography and pictures from last.fm !

This feature will be very useful for peoples who want to discover new bands or just know more about what they are downloading. With the similar artists, it also gives a clear indication of what the band will sound like ! And if you liked it, then you can easily find similar artists / similar downloads.

I might also add a page to automatically get the latest gigs from the bands and a few other things...

2. rude-boy

rude-boy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 12, 2010

hmm wasent there already a problem with this site having to much going on and the servers could not handle it so everything was getting all slow? i dont know if its just my computer but the site has been slow as fuck and buggy

3. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    we moved servers, we had no choice anyway... so now we got more ressources than before

and no i don't think the server is slow, i just checked the server logs and the load is very low so the website isn't slowing down the servers

anyway the scripts i added doesn't take much server ressources since the script gets the infos from another website (last.fm)

and the bugs should all be fixed now