Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Angry Songs and Bitter Words Zine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike Generic, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Mike Generic

Mike Generic Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 29, 2010
     Canada
    So, I've decided to start a zine with a focus on political punk in Southern Ontario, where I live, something that I feel the local scene is sorely lacking. I'm doing my first set of band interviews within the next two weeks with Mighty Atom (a local female-fronted hardcore punk band), Broadcast Zero (a local singalong punk band who just recently broke up) and Brutal Youth (a catchy hardcore punk band made up of members of the anarchist pop-punk band Class War Kids who moved to Southern Ontario from Newfoundland last year). The zine will also include various articles and sections for vegan recipes and a DIY section (ie, make your own whatever). I'm planning on starting a blog for the zine, where I'll post video and audio of bands. I'm also planning on putting scans of the zine up for download, along with scans of the individual sheets of paper, so people can choose to print them off, staple them together and distro them as they want.

If any of you have any recipes, DIY tips or articles you want to submit, they'd be greatly appreciated.