Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Anarchy vs Communism

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Probe, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

I must apologize for not reading 8 pages of debate, I'm lazy and short on time, so I'll just ask what I want to know.
    Can marxism be considered as authoritarian communism ? I know that, in the end, it is very similar to anarhism, but the way they are trying to achive it is wrong.

2nd question is, do marxists intend do abolish state after their so called dictatorship of the proletariat ends, or ? If yes, what's the difference between marxism and anarchism ? I'm talking about the result, not the way it has been reached.

I haven't read much of Marx so far, and I don't really indend to, but I did read Bakunins critique of Marx, and text on Bakunin being outvoted in 1st Int. by Marx and so on, and I do realize that we shouldn't rely on marxists.

I'm writting this since I got new subject at school that is analyzing some of these philosophers and I just want to be sure that what I'm thinking is true.Sorry for not reading the debate, I did google lots of stuff on marxism but it's not really clear to me yet.

2. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

This is probably way too late, but you should read Marx if you don`t understand Marxism. You need to know both sides to be able to discuss these philosophers, especially whether you can "rely on a Marxist" or not. Obviously that critique of Marx is not a reliable historical source. I bet there aren`t many objective sources on the web, except wikipedia perhaps, but those articles are rarely any good. So you`d have to read everything and then make your own opinion.

1.Marxism is not authoritarian.
    2. Yes. Not big.
    Thats all I can say. Then again I`m not a reliable historical source either.