Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Anarchy vs Communism

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Probe, Jul 20, 2010.

1. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

yes but we do look like eurotrash... :p
    and those nloody Bolsheviks bleaching yr hair with the flouridised water in our showers!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o

2. nike

nike Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 19, 2011

just one reason more to turn crust! :guitar: and preserve our valuable body fluids...

3. Eggs_Isle

Eggs_Isle Member Forum Member

Jan 24, 2011

First of all, don't assume the day I signed up is the day I found the site. Even if it was, there's not a whole lot of content and it wouldn't be impossible to have read most of i

How often do debates end without someone getting pissed off? I'm not talking about a
    discussion, I'm talking about people with opposing
    ideas. It seems like no one can have a debate without someone passing judgement and name
    calling. Nevermind the fact that they sincerely care about the state of the world, if someone doesn't subscribe to a particular set of theoretical politics and an acceptable amount of political correctness, they're instantly dismissed and shown the door.

What good came out of the discussion? What good comes out of any discussion where people are so set in their thinking and righteousness that no one is ever able to concede a point. Other than you and a few obvious others, how many people are actually active political activists? Especially those who are say "youre not a real anarchist" or "you dont know anything". Yes I have read the board that long to make that assertion.

I was apprehensive about joining because having been around that particular scene for so long and then reading the site I knew exactly who would be on it. Just because I don't fit in doesn't mean I want to leave. Communication of different ideas and criticism are important.

4. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

Now it's my turn to ask what's the point of a discussion like this?
    You joined a site which offers not enough content to give you a whiff about what's it all about, you doubt the site members political activism -but you were apprehensive about joining because you exactly knew who would be on it?
    (As far as I see it a majority of eurotrashy activists were involved in the discussion, just as usual all over the board...)
    Is still my unanswered personal favorite, so I really have to ask:
    WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU REALLY WANT?
    A red carpet for people dragging their unreflected and sometimes really gruesome tempers and whimsies onto a grandstand for whatever reason, a place to air personal quirks and preferences no matter how absurd they look on an anarchist forum?
    Well, "Anarchy" isn't a licence for every itch between the ears one might feel in the internets - and come on, if you would have been reading as much as you pretend - you would have noticed it.
    Your break for "free speech" and your love for jefferson foundingfathers were answered by antifascist anarchists - may I ask where your arguments were? - The very same on this topic: No arguments, not a single word about the topic, but some in my eyes strange statements and judgements, lotsa complaints and even more strange evidence that you really don't fit in with your views on punks and political correctness on a board run by anarchist punks and their standards of human dignity.
    As often as the people involved know what they are talking about and give something like a acceptable opinion within the site's and the debating fundamental basics, if someone can't back up the weirder part of statements or is ignorant against counterarguments - well, that's asking for trouble, skulldrix gave the best example how it works to fiddle with the eurotrash.
    Well, just in case you judge the wrong side reading the topic would have helped: Who name called, who judged?
    Oh yes, we're all stalinists and it's really gruesome - but again I want to ask: Why are you here if its really that way? Noone forces you to stay. And because you seem to be another one wielding the PC mace, do me a favor and read this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_correctness
    Says the man who argued against evil politics in general but for whatever reason brought a interesting debate to a halt with his - for the topic - irrelevant complaints? Again: What do you really want?
    A bit realism: There was the activist eurotrash debating an interesting point - aren't we allowed to debate if noone else is interested? Those who said "you're not a real.../you don't know anything" gave arguments for their statements, ignored and unanswered by now as far as I see - noone issued a verdict, noone got hurt - so where's your problem?
    Somehow I really doubt you actually "read" what's going on.
    Just because you don't want to leave doesn't mean that you are free to make assumptions, state your opinion without backing up or an opposing answer, or that you can use "freedom of speech" to promote things far from the sites charter, if you can't deal with that, don't complain about been shown the doors or asked to leave.

5. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

Disagreements are good. One was taking place in this thread, and twas relatively constructive, even if I've not shifted positions (nor has Nike i'm guessing), either way its worthwhile reassessing yr beliefs, and being able to articulate them clearly; something which debate helps. Of course, ppl get pissed off sometimes (and isn't helped by the internetz' tendency to make ppl act more nasty than they would in person), but really, its not a huge deal, ppl get angry sometimes, we're all big enough to deal with that. There are, of course, certain things that I have little to no patience with ('anarcho'-capitalists or NWO conspiracy nutjobs being the two that come to mind most here), and yeah, I'll probably go out of my way to tell them how shithouse their politics are, but outside of that, i think many of the users of this forums are relatively good insofar as attacking ppl's arguments rather than the person making them. There are of course exceptions, however, it is often my opinion that ppl tend often to act as if they are being personally attacked should someone happen to critique their arguments.

And we can see this play out in this thread, the personal accusations of (some of) 'us' being 'coffee shop anarchists' (btw, the tendency to label users here as 'not political activists' or 'not real anarchists', besides being based on ignorance - as not many of us personally know each other, have a tendency to be directed at the same very ppl you are accusing here of, by my reading, anarchist 'elitism') occurred in the context of a user having a pretty weak argument critiqued by other users. In short, these things often play out like: person x: 'I think this...'; person y: 'i think yr wrong here, here and here'; person x: 'fuck you guys, I'm going home!'

6. nike

Jun 19, 2011

maybe butcher, punkmar, gobblez and i should discuss to let the commissar out of the cars trunk?
    bolsho-separatist!
    agreed and for my part the discussion is far from being at an end, but i guess we'll have to wait until the dishes are finished.
    'anarcho-primitivists', 'individualist' (&)rebels without a cause letting off steam, mimosas promoting free speech for nazis and whining about "holier than thou"-attitudes if opposed...
    nononono! it's always stalinism and PC... and it's not allowed to say that somethings gets boring with the times, like talking against a wall for example or expecting that people respond on arguments with more than just another "i hate"...

7. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

my turn or yrs?

lolz, yes, my definition was waay too limited.

motion blocked.

you sectarian

8. nike

Jun 19, 2011

the commissars - that's the problem... with:
    and i'll guess we'll have to wait until he finishes "What is to be Done? (1902)" & their favorite:
    "Left-Wing" Communism: An Infantile Disorder (1920)
    can't be - it's forbidden to be sectarian too! :ecouteurs:

9. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

nice one, smartarse! :ecouteurs:

10. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

[​IMG]
    OMIGOD! The beerz! :o :o :o :o

11. Mitja

Mitja Active Member Forum Member

Sep 2, 2011

Communists and anarchists are working for the same eventual goal of a society without hierarchy. In one way communism and anarchy are pretty much the same concept: a stateless, classless society in which no one rules over others.
    Communists just believe that hierarchical means (the state, perhaps ruled by a Communist vanguard) can be used in the transition to this end, while anarchists believe in using only non-hierarchical, decentralized means.

As an anarchist my personal opinion is that the ends justify the means, and that only non-hierarchical organization can bring about a successful revolution to a non-hierarchical society. I just don't think very realistic that any government, Communist or not, would voluntarily step down from power.

Communism this isnt freedom its dictatorship!

12. nike

Jun 19, 2011

very fine, now we HAVE to become coffe shop anarchists! :'(

@mitja:
    agreed, but may i ask how you think we should organize non-hierarchical? i mean before and AFTER a revolution?

13. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

before:
    [​IMG]

Revolutionary moment:
    [​IMG]

During:
    [​IMG]

Transitional Phase:
    [​IMG]

Victory!
    [​IMG]

14. nike

Jun 19, 2011

listening to the rumbling coming out of that trunk:
    so we prepare, but:
    i guess we'll skip the repulsively movement (do i smell old' wladimir iljitsch here, see "leftwing...infantile disorder"?)
    spend some more time daring during -
    and chill out in the transitional phase - then i guess the real troublez starts right in the moment the trunk explodes and releases an inspired and aaangrry cossack:
    [​IMG]

15. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

We'll need to stop at some point for a cup of tea and a ciggie, this is the only transitional phase needed.

16. nike

Jun 19, 2011

oh dear, we aren't in the commando economy, going for the planned goals...
    &
    emma goldman
    [​IMG]
    please take note of the appropriate dressing in the adequate selection of colours for the occasion :ecouteurs:

17. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

I go to an anarchist, and punk community, and no anarchist community will probaly will let you join their community if you encourage race war.

18. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

Yes, my dear Nike, but what bigger joy in life is there than a nice cup of tea?

19. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

omiinternationale, a wage system and stabilizing appeasement credits, tango in the transitional phase :o , scaring off youngsters in distress and radical liberals too...:o :o DRESSCODES AND TEA :o :o :o...
    it's really high time to let the kossak out, soundtrack by the worst of the magyar bolsho-nostalgists:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtiYjyRmzHI&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

20. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

If i have to dance the tango I don't want yr revolution.