Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Anarchy on the Radio

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by THEBLACKNOVA, Apr 11, 2012.

1. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    Anarchy on the Radio

Some @ radio shows from 3 continents over the past week:

AUSTRALIA
    4-5-2012 - Joseph Toscano - Anarchist News
    Drugs!! Anarchism!! Climate change!! and much much more...
    http://www.3cr.org.au/aggregator/sources/624

CHILE
    4-8-12 - Boikot Informativo – This one is in Spanish
    Compañerxs:
    Les dejamos la última emisión de Boikot Informativo, donde ademas de discutir y vociferar tuvimos como invitado al compañero Peñita, el hombre de los ekipos de audio, entre otras cosas, hablándonos de su importante labor en la movida social penquista!
    En esta ocasión tratamos:
    * El monopilio del uso de la violencia por parte del Estado
    * Declaración de la familia de Nelsón Vildósola (Chillán)
    * Actualización sobre el compañero Bengalas
    * Pedro Quezada en Prisión Preventiva (Valparaíso) y nuevas situaciones de secuestro en el contexto de la lucha callejera .
    * A 4 años del asesinato de Jonny Cariqueo
    * Entrevista a Ana Vergara Toledo (audio)
    * Análisis Internacional : La Primavera Árabe (Parte 2).
    *Campaña Boikot Censo 2012
    * Avisos y más....
    http://radiommorales.blogcindario.com/2 ... -2012.html

U.S.A.
    4-10-2012 - John Zerzan - Anarchy Radio
    Chris Hedges spews again, is exposed. General Strike fantasy for Occupy. Umatilla rewilding project. Anxiety, isolation, industrial earthquakes, Google glasses insanity. Computer culture as terminal undermining of thought and poetry (George Steiner). One call, several MEEBOs.
    http://johnzerzan.net/radio/

Thoughts? Opinions?

2. anarchoskin69

anarchoskin69 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 14, 2010

I've read and been a listener to John Zerzan's "anarchy radio" before. He has been spewing the same crap for 20 years, and it wouldn't be so bad if his critiques and analyses had changed over those past 20 years... but they haven't. He also gets pissed off that there are new, young anarchists that are gaining all the rage over him, such as Peter Gelderloos.

john zerzan appears to be deceiving himself with his own reasoning. the problem starts from understanding ‘community’ in terms of it being constructed by its participants. the indigenous people understand, instead, that people are emanations of the land, thus ‘community’ starts with the land and is constituted by resonance in the conjugate habitat-inhabitant relation. in the logical understanding mode of a ‘western thinker’, the community dynamic is determined by the participating people, and the distinction that zerzan makes is between ‘people with advanced technologies’ and ‘people without advantaged technologies’ because he is constrained by his own modeling framework, which does not allow that people are emanations of the land and thus all dynamics are sourced out of the land (out of the energy-charged spatial-plenum) including the people-making dynamic. as nietzsche says, we subjectize people or lightning even though these forms are included within a larger dynamic and by circular reasoning, we attribute them the sourcing of their own dynamics, as in ‘lightning flashes’, ‘people construct community’, giving the ‘Fiktion’ or ‘illusion’ that the sourcing of the community dynamic starts from the action of people.

if one asked john zerzan whether convection cells created atmospheric flow or whether the atmospheric flow created the convection cells, john might attempt to solve that ‘nature versus nurture’ problem by way of reason. but in the real world of our experience, we notice that there seems to be more of these ‘cells’ about when it is hot and humid, suggesting that there is a deeper non-local, non-visible, non-material influence that predominates over both; i.e. that ‘space is a participant’ in physical phenomena, as einstein observed and as lamarck/nietzsche propose in their views on ‘evolution’. zerzan’s differentiating of the evolution of man and community with or without advancing technologies does not touch on the question of whether evolution is predominantly by transformation of spatial relations influenced by non-local, non-visible, non-material energy-field as in relativity/nietzsche [see ‘quantum nietzsche’ by william plank], or predominantly by local, visible, material inside-outward-asserting mechanics as in darwinism.

also, as an anarcho-communist, I agree that we need to heavily scale back civilization but he is quite offensive to me as an anarcho-communist, more offensive then probably any anarcho-primitivist I've spoken to directly.

3. anarchoskin69

Nov 14, 2010

also, funny that after I posted this I started dating an anarcho-primitivist anarcho-punk from my scene... i do have some anarcho-primitivist "leanings", but yeah..

4. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs:

5. anarchoskin69

Nov 14, 2010

ughh, well that dating with the anarcho-primitivist anarcho-punk chick didn't work out so well. meh, anarchopunk chicks in the STL.... i miss home.

6. FuckTheDetour

FuckTheDetour Member Forum Member

Apr 6, 2012

Honestly i couldnt give any less fucks about anything on the radio.. i feel like the radio is just another symbol of the media's corruption. the music they want you to hear, the music that makes them money is played. with all of our fucking censorship in america it is a wonder that anarchism was allowed on the radio but considering the former, they obviosly let it run for a reason... i prefer those who sing the songs of anarchy on drunken saturday nights, personally that is.

7. THEBLACKNOVA

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    This is another Anarchist Radio show i found on the net:

Horizontal Power Hour

An anarchist radio show focusing on politics, culture, and resistance produced in the studios of WESU-Middletown, CT

https://horizontalpowerhour.wordpress.com/

if there is an anarchist radio show that you like or hate could you post a link to it here, specially if it's not coming from the USA. Thanks...

8. apples&onions

apples&onions Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2012

That is just so fucking unnecessary...could you please stop trashing green anarchists? Just why? Aren't there more important issues to address??? :anarchism: It is just fucking disrespectful...

9. apples&onions

May 16, 2012

I just don't see the idea that community is constructed by its participants and that human communities are emanations of the land as opposing viewpoints...like at all...like I could not see how they could be opposing viewpoints...it is just a broader sphere of community that encompasses all of life and all its interconnectedness....that is pretty mush the sum of the anarcho primitivist critique...closing and healing the schism...

10. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I'm not trashing green anarchists, I'm trashing John Zersan 'cuz he's garbage...one isn't tied to the other, and I know plenty of radical greens that agree with me...you want to take it personally that's entirely up to you.

And seriously this the last time I ask you to quit bringing up primitivism here...no more.

11. apples&onions

May 16, 2012

John Zerzan, especially on his radio show above all supports open and respectful dialogue. And man... seriously...I am not spamming primitivist view points... I was responding to anarcho skin 69's post... Kinda confused and exasperated... there is a serious difference from the spamming I am sure has happened here in the past and what I am doing... I was not even the one who brought it up... Yeah, I don't agree with Zerzan on all his critique either, but really...? Obama is garbage... you're looking in the wrong direction...it is not a good tendency... Do we both support direct action? If so than there it is... Come on man...seriously...I really respect you...don't abuse your power. And how could you not agree with closing and healing the schism...???!!!???!? How primitivist critique has come to be confused with an ideology is just so fucking absurd... Please don't ban me, I am not even causing trouble...chalenging all ideas respectfully an coherently is REALLY GOOD. I understand that anarcho primitivist critique is a point of contention on this site and I respect that! Let it be a point of contention... not an out right point of assault! C'mon man...really?!?

12. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I'm not abusing anything..I asked you specifically to not bring primitivism and anti-civ perspective with you when you re-registered to which you specifically stated you wouldn't...didn't even make it one week did you? If you respected me and the forum as much as you say you do, then you would honor our agreement...words don't mean one iota as much as actions.

13. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

14. apples&onions

May 16, 2012

Yeah but I am not meaning to man...I respect this site's position on it...It is kinda like you are asking me censor a part of my very entity...I am not posting any new material about anti civ or primitivist ideas...if I bring it up it is because it is in response to something somebody else already posted or to reinforce a point...Maybe give me an idea of what you consider to be anti civ or primitivist ideas? What level of dialogue is acceptable? And you know I did not start that thread from a week after I regIstered... it was pre existing...What confusees me so much is that red anarchist don't really have any inherent reason to trash primitivists where as green anarchist DO have reason to trash anarcho communists yet it is most always red anarchists instigating shittalking with green anarchists. I AM ALL FOR RESPCTFUL DIALOGUE AND ALTERNATIVE EXISTENCE...IT IS THE CORNERSTONE OF ANARCHY, REGARDLESS OF WHAT SCHOOL OF THOUGHT IT MAY BE. The desire to not over power another interpersonally with ideology or dogma!

15. apples&onions

May 16, 2012

Can't we just have like mutual respect???

Yer stressin me out major man...I am worried...I really enjoy being a part of this community...I am not instigating any shitfighting...

NONE OF MY IDEAS ARE RIGID

Primitivist critique and green anarchy are fucking vast! They are not a prescribed ideology and should not be thought of as such...

16. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

C'mon Mar. It's what the guy believes. He obviously wants to stay here, and appreciates here so much that he'll dumb down how he feels about things just because you asked him too. If I was him, I would've left a long time ago. I wouldn't try so hard to stick around a place where I'm essentially outcasted, and not allowed to share my ideals. I mean its not like he's praising capitalism, or statism. Let him vent out his green. I'd say its no harm no foul, unless a primitivist starts going off about massive die-offs and eliminating all modern medicine and what not.

17. apples&onions

May 16, 2012

That's the sign of a good mod! Respectful discourse! That is what is most important!

18. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    The focus on this forum is on anarchism plain and simple, in the very charter it explains that we all have a different view on how to achieve it but we don't focus on what divides us and definitely don't bring up those divisions every other post. Primitivism is a major point of contention, and some here want to leave because of applesandonions insisting on bringing up that point of contention over and over..that's not acceptable, either he reals it in..or he can go to another forum that would make him feel more comfortable. But I'm definitely not going to keep repeating myself.

19. crustybeckham

crustybeckham Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2012

As long as telepathy between people isn't being preached as the perfect means of communication, I guess I agree with Jesus here. I still think Zerzan is a wanker though and I am not sure Mar's evil laughs were directed at apples&onions (unless he actually IS John Zerzan!).

20. THEBLACKNOVA

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    apples&onions I HAVE A BEEF AGAINST YOU!

you probably need to get out more and get some sun HAHA!