Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

anarcho-punk.net will need a new server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ungovernable, Apr 12, 2010.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    So you probably noticed the extreme slowness of the website and multiple other problems during the last couple of days...

Our websites are consuming too much server ressources, and our webhost doesn't want to host us anymore. We are taking more than 60% of the server ressources and we are killing their servers.

So we will probably need a new server, a very powerful server, probably a dedicated one... A dedicated server cost a shitload of money and i don't want to put shitty ads on the websites so i don't really know how we will manage to pay it...

I had to desactivate some of the websites hosted by our network to lower the server charge, it should help while we try to find a solution for the other websites...

All of our websites together are getting between nearly 40,000 to 50,000 unique visitors every day... i guess we are being victim of our success

IF YOU WANT TO HELP US, PLEASE DONATE MONEY OR BUY A T-SHIRT !!!

2. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Well, if you have to result in one or two adds, ask other "anarchist" sites for banners, not bands, but other informative pages like submedia.tv. Worth a shot.

Ill be sending some money. :rock:

3. AtomicKhaos

AtomicKhaos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 16, 2009

Fuck That. We need this site.

Money is on the way

4. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Anarchists websites usually doesn't want to pay for ads, plus it would be hard to make an arrangement and wouldn't give us a lot of money.

Best way would be to use google ads but i hate this shit, last time we almost had to put ads on Pirate-punk.net and instead i prefered to pay the hosting fees with my own pocket

a dedicated server is definatly too much for us, instead i'll try to get a different shared hosting for each of the websites of our network (right now anarcho-punk.net is sharing the same server than pirate-punk.net)

i'm pretty sure anarcho-punk.net will survive for now if it have its own server because the forum have only a couple of thousands of posts. But when we will reach 50,000+ posts we will start to have trouble, maybe we will have to buy a vbulletin license because phpBB really sucks. Right now Pirate-punk.net and Resistance.tk are staying alive only because we have a vbulletin forum which is way better than phpbb. If those forums were on phpbb we would be ruined because of hosting fees

i also thought about sending a mass e-mail to all of the members of the forum to tell them that we have t-shirts for sale, maybe it could help to raise the sales because right now we sell only a few... but i'd need to finish the english version of the shop first

anyway, thanks to everyone who want to help us, it is much appreciated and will help us to get new servers :)

5. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

Isn't it possible to clean up the forums for old and inactive post's if we risk those 50.000 posts?

None the less, i'll have a look at you T-shirts of course

6. rude-boy

rude-boy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 12, 2010

i dont have any kind of credit card or anything. i think they are evil and will never get one which makes online buying rather hard

7. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

where the fuck did you get money

8. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

I don't have a credit card eighter, only one for direct transitions. Any way to transfer anything or buy a T-shirt without credit?

9. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    you can link a paypal account to your bank account and then buy a tshirt with it

or maybe we can arrange something by post

however, i would have to verify that the company ship to your country

10. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

Would be nice if they ship it here, otherwise i'll have to order it for someone who lives somewhere they do ship to :p

11. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Ok i just checked and yes they ship to sweden (you're in sweden if i recall correctly?) but shipping cost is pretty high ($13.99)

12. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    I just noticed the search engine doesn't work anymore.... i'm trying to fix the problem with our webhost

13. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

Yes i'm in sweden but damn that's a lot for shipping! More then the shirts cost... However, if i can't just make a donation without a creditcard, this will be the best i can do at this time i guess, and i want to help as much as i can.
    Any chance there will be any translation to english at the shop? Otherwise i can get some help to translate what i need help understanding but it might take a couple days. Hope we have a little while to save the page...

14. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    yes the shop will have an english version in the future, but for now you can just use google translator

shipping cost is pretty high, but you can buy up to 3 tshirts without any additional costs

15. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

Good to know! Then i'll just fix a paypal acount and i'm good to go :D

16. super_phun_tyme

super_phun_tyme Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 1, 2010

I donated, two bucks the only money I have left on my gift card thingy, if you guys can arrange a way to send monies in the mail I'd love to send some cash. also a fund raiser isn't a bad idea

17. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    did any of you send money yet ? just wondering because our paypal account doesn't show anything, i want to know if it is a bug or if it's normal!

18. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    problem fixed now

19. rude-boy

rude-boy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 12, 2010

hmm im pretty sure shipping would be pretty cheap to get to montreal?

20. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    yep, it's only $7 for canada if i recall correctly... i bought a lot of stuff and it comes fast

for USA it's only $4 and it is delivered in less than a week