Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Anarcho-Punk In An Anarchist Society?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Spike one of many, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    So I was wondering, what's gonna happen to anarcho-punk once we have anarchy? Surely that'll be the end of it?

2. Harrison

Harrison Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2009

Well what do you mean by "when we have anarchy"? For me, that means when I live within a self sufficient community, an anarchist society. There are already anarchist societies. Small collectives here and there, large collectives here and there. Entirely lawless towns. The entire region of Zomia, above a certain elevation, is one big anarchist society. It spans all of Southeast Asia. Seriously, everyone needs to learn about Zomia, it's amazing. It completely destroys the narrative of civilization (that civilization is a natural progression/step in the linear timeline of human life.)

If you mean when Western Capitalism fails? I don't know. Play it in the capitol buildings and the boss's offices?

3. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Zomia is indeed very interesting, being located in a very rugged, mountainous region and spread over such a large area, 2.5 million square kilometers makes it practically impossible to govern its estimated population of 80 - 100 million (!). And what also struck me is this:
    Yes, I meant when western capitalism fails. There would be no more use for anarcho-punk. The music will surely still exist but it'll lose its bite. The lyrics won't be about socio-political issues anymore. This is of course hypothetical because surely somewhere on the globe ther would still be injustice.

4. Razudz

Razudz Member New Member

Dec 7, 2012

Well... Injustice was on our globe forever, and it will be so, I think. But, what of anarcho-punk? Haha, maybe one of them famous anarchy songs would be world-wide anthem? I wish for the world to achieve that level of mentality, but I fear that'll not happen. But, this is not the subject.
    Anarchists aren't only punks, from what I know. There exists anarcho-metal, anarcho-rap et cetera, of course music with anarchy in it's centre would gain a higher esteem, but yea, it'd lose it's "bite". That scene would emerge from the underground, would become mainstream... Eventually, it would become shittier and shittier. That's my view of it.

5. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

Haha, yeah I have a similar theory. I`d love to have "oh my god" parts one and two as my "national" anthem.
    As for it becoming shittier, I think music only becomes shitty when the only reason you make it is to earn money, and that would never be a problem in an anarchist society.

6. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    I guess it would depend on what kind of instruments you got and what kinds of sounds you can make with them, then attach some anarchist lyrics and BAMM you got: ANARCH@ - (fill in the blank)

I wonder and would love to hear what kind of music they make in Zomia :D

That reminds me theirs a film called Corridos sin Rostro (Ballads Without A Face), its Zapatistas singing songs.. Fuck i should put that up if it's not up already on APN
    heres the link: viewtopic.php?f=100&t=9784

7. nmara

nmara Active Member Forum Member

Dec 1, 2012

then we move on to a diffrent country, until the entire world is rid of capitalism then the jobs not done. when che won the cuban revolution he moved on to other places that where infected with capitalism