Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Anarchists, computers and the internet..

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by Arjay691, May 17, 2010.

1. Arjay691

Arjay691 Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 11, 2009

Not sure if there is already a thread on this, let me know if there is, but I got into an argument with a couple of people on facebook about Anarchism, in a nutshell, and they called me a hypocrite for using the internet and a computer because they're both owned and operated by huge corporations. Do you think it's hypocritical? Share thoughts, please.

2. rude-boy

rude-boy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 12, 2010

i have thought about the same thing a few times. its a tough on. because yes it is owned and raped by coperations. making money all over the place from everything on the net. but it is also the 22 century and its tough to do alot of things with out a computer/internet. communication with people,reserch,advertising(for bands,protests whatnot) there is more then just mainstream population that takes advantage of the internet. its great for any underground scean to get their words out. it is also great for finding out whats happening aroudn the world. people want a revolution. well the internet i think is going to play a huge part. not for just getting the info on what ever is being protested out to the world but cyper revolution? hacking? you can shut an entire city even state down completly with the right skills and the internet.

pretty much in my eyes using the internet is not bad as long as you dont get sucked in by all the ads and money makign schems going around the internet. and use it to try and expand your knowledge of whats going on around the world.

3. stinagen

stinagen Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 6, 2009

i_agree_with_rude-boy
    ps_sorry_my_space_bar_is_broken

4. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Internet is only contradictory for the anarcho-primitivist.

Internet is what you could call a Temporary Autonomous Zone. Read Hakim Bey writtings on this subject and you will clearly understand... There are many anarchist philosophers who think the same thing. Internet is a free zone, government can't really control it, it is anonymous and a VERY great way of organizing ourself independantly.

Boycotting everything that is ran by big companies is stupid. If you want to boycott all capitalist companys, you will end up living in the woods and doing a revolution alone. The problem with internet is the internet providers, not internet itself. That's like computers, the problem is not the computers, we need them in our lives. The problem is the companies who make those computers.

Electricity is capitalism, food is capitalism, computers is capitalism, cars is capitalism, etc etc ....

5. Wonder138

Wonder138 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2009

i agree with rude-boy to lazy to type my full perspective

6. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    By the way, if the big companys is the only argument against internet, then remember that it is possible and very easy to hack your neighbor wireless internet access.

Not sure if anyone here is familiar with this...
    Just use Linux Backtrack and look for some tutorials about how to crack a WEP Key.

WMA and WMA2 encryptions can also be cracked (by bruteforce) but it is harder, and longer.

I can crack any connexions in my neighborhood and i could just use their internet access without paying anything. It usually takes less than 5 minutes to crack a WEP encrypted wifi network and get access to it, then you have control over everything and you can even know what websites the user is visiting and what he is doing on internet. Useful if you got a nazi/racist/scumbag neighbor and you want to piss him off ;)

7. antitude420

antitude420 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2010

I agree with what everyone above me said...

While living in a capitalist society, we should take advantages of these small things.
    Just look out for all the idiotic misinformation and government crap and you should be fine :thumbsup:

8. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

You're new here i see, so welcome here and hope this current shitstorm won't scare you off. :)

9. antitude420

antitude420 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2010

Thanks, lad!
    Nah, I'm liking it here already, seems like a nice forum to be part of ;)

10. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

It usually is ;)

11. rude-boy

Mar 12, 2010

just no sayign mean things or you get fucked by the long dick of anarchy

12. Arjay691

Arjay691 Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 11, 2009

Thanks, man! I'm going to give the connection hacking a try.

13. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

:lmao:

14. rude-boy

Mar 12, 2010

haa forgot about writing that

15. Kobac

Kobac Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    yeah comps are capitalism,pretty much everything is capitalism but i restrain myself from using Internet(i don t have internet at home(i use cousins about 4-5hours per week)what makes me capitalist is food and few other things like electrcity,water i don t drive a car,don t buy clothes often(last pair of pants i bought 3 years ago)when i live in village with my family I grow vegetables,so i don t have to buy at supermarket my food,most of work is DIY here