Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

ANARCHIST LAND

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by Wonder138, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    electricity schemtricity, i would be perfectly ok without it in an anarcho society, if there is an easy way to keep great but if not, it wouldn't be the end of the world to me.

2. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

it takes all kinds :lmao:

3. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

diy goes beyond the personal is all i'm sayin but thanks for sharing(non sarcastic), build ya own communities, onwards....!!! i'll wave ta ya anom from the other, i may need to come and borrow some brainpower too

4. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Very much agreed and I work at least 40 hours a week, volunteer for 11 on the Saturday alone (technically 9 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday), I'm working on publishing my own stories (as stated) and any other spare time can without limit be allocated to helping someone else out, if the work doesn't literally kill me.

5. raindeer667

raindeer667 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 10, 2009

A is for Arizona... kick it colonistsettlas.. hahha

6. Wonder138

Wonder138 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2009

wtf are you talking about raindeer that was so random lol

and wow we anarchist rely like to argue or discuss shit

7. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

Indeed! There is nothing that cannot be turned into the most important discussion in the world, at least for a while... :ecouteurs:

8. Anti-lights

Anti-lights New Member New Member

Feb 23, 2010

alright i had to create an account to ask a few questions on this topic.

first it seems like you are almost all interested in living in a anarchist community but no one has said anything about what they can contribute to one?

i would like to help anyone willing to commit to this but it has to be for the right reasons. helping yourself is nice but if its not created to be a heaven to help all anarchist then fuck that. as for protection you just have to scrape up some money and get a fat property in the middle of no were. i mean it would be safer to do it that way anyway. its just a matter of building and harvesting. and if you can't build or harvest by now then you have no right to even live on your own terms. i mean farmers for thousands of years have done this with not a fraction of the technology or the resources. you can talk all you want when the work is done you know.

9. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

Ok, what i can contribute with: growing stuff, brewing mead, cooking vegan food, digging holes (i'm fucking awesome at digging holes, especially round holes... very symetrical), putting up growhouses, carrying rocks and building stuff with them, cleaning, doing dishes, painting walls, taking care of animals, crocheting, serving beer, mixing drinks, sawing, lighting fires, chopping wood, sprouting, bunch of artstuff, shoveling snow, picking fruits, and a lot of other stuff...

10. Rathryn

Oct 21, 2009

Most simple carpentry skills, cooking, growing food, growing weed, making hashish if given the proper tools (no useful metalworking skills), minor teaching skills, working on adding to my language library (Dutch, English, some Spanish, some French, some German and semi-working on Japanese, Latin, Ancient Greek and Old English), basic first aid, some minor herbal remedy stuff, physical labour, massaging, basic meditation skills, writing and communication to outside world, oration skills, some minor stoneworking, planning, 'international' relations and mediating, 'library' of about 200-300 non-fiction books (some of which are in English and if I count my virtual ones, it's far more extensive), horseriding instructor, fishing, 'cleaning' of animals for consumption, trapping, taking care of animals... I think those are the most basic ones.

11. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

Yeah, I don't really get that question, everyone has talents, and even if lacking in certain areas such basic skills are easy to learn. Anon, I wish you lived nearby, I gotta put up fence sometime and could do with a few awesome holes being dug, mine are kinda crappy.

12. Bananaman

Bananaman Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 9, 2009

Well as Ivanovich wrote above everybody has some talent, and most basic skills can be learned in relatively short time. In my opinion the most important thing I could offer to a community is my knowledge of biology and other natural sciences. Other than that willingness to get down and dirty... Life is a journey of constant education, and I think what should be our goal is to always learn new stuff and try to explore things we didn't try before.

In a way I find it a bit disappointing that a lot of people in the local punk/anarchist/scene/movement/etc decide to study sociology or something similar if they go down the path of higher education. can't think of anyone who studied for example chemistry or mechanics. Some might argue that learning about society and studying it closely can help you change it, but always thought about the day after. Imagine you woke up tomorrow and there was no government or society as we know it.
    Which skills and knowledge would be most useful? Would the laws of science just disappear?

What is your opinion?

13. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

Not sure you learn much of value at school anyway. I learnt to program computers. I can also repair them, most electrical/electronic, and car engines most of the time, but that's stuff I picked up long after leaving school.

14. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

Anarchists are everywhere, um thats my 2 cents

15. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Dont worry we have NGMN85 on our side, I think he's memorized the entire UMASS library! :rock:

16. Rathryn

Oct 21, 2009

Sociology is all well and good, but pretty much well... useless in an anarchist society if all we have are sociologists. On the other hand, I don't see anarchy happening overnight and in the meantime one can pursue more than enough other ventures in their own time ;)
    I'm kind of looking into the basics of general linguistics myself, after that? Who knows? I still need to finish that book on nutrition and I have a couple books on didactics and sociology/psychology lying around, but I have far too many books that I'd find interesting.

17. FetusGrinder

FetusGrinder Member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

Start an Anarchist collective or find one near you! I'm living in an Anarchist collective now!