Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

ANARCHIST LAND

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by Wonder138, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Wonder138

Wonder138 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2009

i feel ya anom im still trying to figure out stuff i use to want to go to Ireland but that's to far for my money sense

2. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Put a bullet in your head and everything will be OK :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs:

3. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

Anom, never rely on others and yes support each other but never rely on others, not at this stage anyway D. I. Y.!, i hadta leannthe hard way but theres nada truer, don't wait for someone else to do it or you'll wait for govt, do it yaself, if your overhappy ya not paying attention orhaveya lost ya ability to feel, i'm just saying it how it is not being negative nancy, punk is reality not another distraction yoyoyo

4. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

Yo to yourself there ASA. Not saying "rely on others to do everything for you". But to build a comunity is kinda hard for one person to do alone. One person doesn't really make much of a comunity. Naturally you can't rely on others, if you knew anything about me you'd know i don't do that eighter, but there's a difference between not relying on others and being all alone in everything, all the time. If I have not fully understood what you are trying to say here, it's because i'm having some trouble fully following your somewhat creative grammar (no, i'm sure my grammar isn't all that good eighter, or my spelling, so you don't even have to comment on that). Just trying here.

5. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

Well maybe, but i not sure about that, don't forget the bastards got tanks and shit. Maybe ould capture a few.

fuc it, yeah, I'd love to drive a tank.

6. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

yea Anom but you do it and others will come, its true as true as true, if ya find yaself waiting for a train that never comes, start walking

7. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    like that field of dreams movie.. if you build it, they will come :lmao:

8. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

"you do it and others will come", that seems a bit unfair to me... If i do it, i wonna come! :lmao:

9. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

just do what feels right to you i ran away when i was 16 and havent been back with my parents since and im turning 21 soon so do what makes you happy

10. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    yeah, just don't get caught ;)

11. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

yes anxious, i have experiance haha, people seem to have takern my post about my health wayyyy to litarrally, sorry the world ain't black and white except when it comes to power

12. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Black and white merely exist on paper and in skin tones if you ask me. The entire world is filled with shades of gray, which brings us to another problem with the 'don't rely on others' argument, concerning the community. First as Anom stated 1 does NOT make a community. Second, if one WERE to be physically able to form a community on one's own, the amount of skills necessary to provide adequate clothing, food, shelter, medical care, renewable energy, warmth, etc would be so immense that one single person would need close to a lifetime learning them. And that's ignoring the fact that if you would build a community of one it would cease to exist once you do.
    Going on from that and onto your second argument: 'build it and they will come', I would think that unless people actually knew the community existed they would not set out in search of it. Quite frankly I'd feel like a lame-ass, ignorant shithead looking for some community that may or may not be out there, but I'd be looking anyway. Therefore there would most likely be a lot of smaller communities with no communication between them, as they do not know of each other's existence. This in and of itself undermines the validity of said communities in light of the anarchist (r)evolution, if you ask me.

13. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

do you actually experiance doin it yaself, doesn't seem so, you appear to have not much of an idea what i'm talking about it, i'll use another analogy, i can't make you eat the apple but ya'd better, as it helps sustain you and then you are able to help others

a fundamental part of diy is not to wait for anybody else if you've been waiting for while, others will learn off you too, theres 6 billion pepole in the world, pick their minds but they won't always get off their arse until, and your making me repeat myself, 'you'll be waiting forever', just start and you will find others would like to get involved, where theres a will theres a way blaahhhh, get off the neg haha

14. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

So what is so wrong about starting here?! This is a not too unlikely place to find others who would like to get involved. "Where there's a will there's a way", yes, sure, but i guess it has to be your way, huh?

15. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

has anyone answerred, no, do the math, my experiance tells me so and thats what diy means, if they do reply positively, so be it i'm not against that at all

16. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

If it would have been in Europe, I would have answered. Better to put it up here then to give up without trying!

17. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

yea cuda found old link too haha, anyway, like i said don't wait for others, you'll be waiting a lifetime, diy, if they come so be it

18. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

If I ever just happen to stumble upon a one-person comunity, then I'll know it's you :p
    Still thinking there really is no harm in asking others if they want to join before setting out to build a new society based on just one self. I for one am, as i have mentioned before, not waiting for others to fix things for me, and i'm not waiting for a lifetime.
    Yes, this thread much resembles a previous one, but isn't it so with more topics then just this..?

19. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Most if not all knowledge I have is self-taught. I have only finished high school and any other studies bear little resemblance to the knowledge I access daily.
    So if studying for oneself is not DIY, so be it.
    If fixing one's own clothes is not DIY, so be it.
    If fixing one's own furniture is not DIY, so be it.
    If fixing one's own computer is not DIY, so be it.
    If trying to make one's own music is not DIY, so be it.
    If publishing one's own collection of short stories is not DIY, so be it.
    If collaborating with someone else for the sake of entertainment and 'publishing' the result online is not DIY, so be it.
    If teaching oneself martial arts is not DIY, so be it.
    If training oneself for physical labour is not DIY, so be it.
    If teaching oneself to work with machinery is not DIY, so be it.
    If cooking oneself dinner is not DIY, so be it.
    Do I need to go on?
    Because clearly I have no idea what I'm talking about...
    Might I suggest also talking to some real life friends of mine, who can add learning to do home improvement, getting your own food and growing your own food to the list.

20. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

Yeah, grow food, use wood for fuel, it aint rocket science. Generating electricity, that's one I gonna look into sometime.