Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

An idea

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by No_Justice_left, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

haha

2. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    then we just need to set up anarchsim as a religion and maybe they'll leave us alone?

lol

3. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

The hippies did it in Denmark - have anybody heard of Chrstiania?

But the state are trying to normalize it now, and it's starting to get more like the rest of society in many ways... But it have been there for many years working, and there's still a lot of really tolerant people on Christiania today.

I think that the idea of making such a community is great - but it leaves out one problem. When leaving society like that, it makes it hard to rebel against society - leaving a lot of people behind

BUT, if you believe the anarcho-syndicalist's, you can create places, that are either being bought or occupied - Syndicalist's believed you could buy the land, because they would then use the right to own land and the private property right against the capitalist, because they would break their own rules by taking it from you. Then, by taking land out of the capitalistic system, you can diminish the capitalist's power, by removing a bit more of their material, land etc. Little by little. It requires a huge movement, but every rebellion start somewhere. Then people will at some point have a choice, between the autonomous communities or the capitalistic world.

The only important thing in this, is that such a autonomous community would have to be open in order to be a real rebellion. If people get the opportunity to leave the capitalistic world for a better, it's a rebellion. If it's just a bunch of people buying/occupying some land and then sitting there the rest of their life smoking pot, it wont change anything.

EDIT:
    I see you had talked about Christiania - Christiania is great and i love going there (i live in Denmark). What you tell is basicly true, but due to the total control, and the fear of Christiania being destroyed, you can't just move in there anymore. The govenments normalisation has started.

Also, in Denmark we have the youth house. A anarchistic basis-democracy based house, for young people to listen to underground music and do political, creative and enviromentalist work.
    Only thing is, it's not a place to live in that sense. It's just a cool place to go. Run totally by volunteer activists.
    I can imagine some may have heard of the eviction riots in Copenhagen - that was when they took our old house.

But the govenment is trying to shut it all down. Right wing government, also the socialdemocrats ain't much better.

My experience with those kinds of places is, that it ties people together in a way that no other places does. The more of those places the better - starts a movement for a better world.

4. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

"My experience with those kinds of places is, that it ties people together in a way that no other places does. The more of those places the better - starts a movement for a better world."

So let's get real about this and actually do something! It won't be done over night of cos but hey, as nice as it is debating this til the end of existance, it would be way nicer to actually do stuff. Since there are places like the ones we've talked about here, does anyone know any of those that it's possible to get in to?
    (Wow, this is like the most thought through future plans i've had in a long time...)

5. Shuei

Jan 19, 2010

Anom:
    The BZ movement in Denmark tried many times (BZ is a sound-spelled version of "besæt" - "occupy", and it's quite like the squatters in the rest of the world) to get a place like that, but truth is, police got you out in a couple of hours. They are not afraid of using hard methods. So it takes quite a lot of work.

6. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

there are empty 'neigbourhoods' everywhere, b wise organise

7. divotfreely

divotfreely Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 4, 2009
     United States
    the simplest answers are the ones i usually see last- so it is the religious control that keeps the pigs at bay

8. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

Oh yes, and i would be the first in line for it if i wouldn't also be the only one in line... It's fucking hard to find people who are willing to do more about this stuff then to sit around on their asses on weekends, drinking and talking about it, only to monday morning go back to work just so they can buy a bigger tv on wich they can watch a movie about squatters...
    Yes, i am feeling a little bit discouraged and have worked up some steam about this... Not due to you guys.

9. Shuei

Jan 19, 2010

It's the western apathy that is destroying our world. We wouldn't have half the problems with consumerism etc. if it wasn't for people not caring about anything

10. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

make some music, they will come

11. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

That might be the trick ^^

12. Ring Of Truth

Ring Of Truth Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 28, 2009

Is this a punk rock "Field Of Dreams"? And the ghost of a long dead anarcho-punk comes out of an abandoned building and says "if you play it they will come"

13. Shuei

Jan 19, 2010

It worked in the youth house etc. - Shittown became popular trough great bands for example, which got a lot of people from all over the world to come.

14. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

Yea you'd be amazed at the people who want to be involved when cool shit is happening, cheers

15. Ring Of Truth

Dec 28, 2009

It is very true.

16. lupan

lupan New Member New Member

Jan 23, 2010

i think living out the world isn't a good idea.
    yes you live in the way you like but the rest of world live in the same shit.
    in the world a lot of people ( anarchist e non anarchist) have build commune to escape from pressure of consumerism way of life, who say consume if you can, produce if you can, or die, because you'rent of no utility for me.
    but all have decided to confront this good consume society to try to build a better world
    build a commune is avery great idea but only if you live and fight for build a better world together with other person with the same sensibility
    peace
    luis

17. Ring Of Truth

Dec 28, 2009

Hey we all need a home right? just because we build our home as a community doesn't mean we are separated from the rest of the world, it just means that we have a safe place that we can live as a big family, as a community.

18. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

I'd say i personally am less part of the world living in it. I sometimes tend to shut myself in in my tiny appartment and not dealing with the world more than i have to, just cos i don't have that community, those people around me that i can feel real comfortable with. I mean, they do exist but they are few and far apart. That doesn't do much for the world eighter.

19. XcrustcoreX

XcrustcoreX New Member New Member

Jan 22, 2010

Thats a great idea.!

20. XcrustcoreX

XcrustcoreX New Member New Member

Jan 22, 2010

Punks

Does anybody recommend any artists to listen to.?