Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Alcoholics/ Narcotics Anonymous

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by A Better World, Mar 14, 2010.

1. A Better World

A Better World Experienced Member Experienced member

Feb 28, 2010

Drugs are often talked about in the punk/anarcho scene but recovery from drug addiction is rarley talked about. Im going to keep my opinions out of this for now to avoid a bias in this thread. What are your opinions on AA/NA?

2. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    i used to go, but i have managed to stay sober without it. i think it's good for those who actually want to use it, and choose to be there, but for those who are forced by law or parents to be there it wont do a damn thing but maybe help people make new connections and help others relapse.

Again for those who are serious about recovery i think it is a good thing, and you can meet some great people there and build support systems and such. unfortunatly from my experience, too many guys use it as a place to meet and score with girls who are vulnerable.

3. Axehandle Mountain

Axehandle Mountain Active Member Forum Member

Feb 26, 2010

I don't do any drugs other than drinking and sleep medication(it's a horrible addiction, but I'm a severe insomniac). I'm also interested in trying hallucinogens for spiritual reasons, but not for recreational usage. I've never really been addicted to anything, it just doesn't seem to be in my nature. I've been through periods of cocaine and various pill fascinations, but I've always been able to quit easily. I don't see any problem with marijuana, other than the obvious health considerations from inhaling any kind of smoke, but most other common drugs are unnatural and can be devastating. Rehabiliation should always be completely free and available to anybody who needs it, but it shouldn't be something that is ever court ordered. I'm currently of the opinion that all drugs should be legalized, that it's the individual's decision. However, I haven't thought about this too deeply or payed attention to statistics on drug-induced crime, it's just something that hasn't been involved in my life enough to give thought.

4. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

Try Salvia
    Depending on where you are it could still be legal in your state
    they only just banned it a year ago in illinois
    if you do it right, its the trip of a lifetime and only lasts 5 minutes
    serious mind fuck. its less harmful than cigarettes too.

5. statuliber

statuliber Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 13, 2009

since I'm sXe I oppose all kind of drugs
    If these organizations help the people its fine with me!

though I'm of course also against the court ordering it...

6. Kobac

Kobac Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    I was caught with pot and fuckers send me to rehab.for 6 months i had to go to some clinic and piss in cups and talk with some guy that looked worse than me talking about my bad expirience with drugs(like i was some hard drugs addict).talking how sorry i am and that won t happen again.my old man kicked me out of house because of that "minor" problem.and just don t get it they don t arrest those that sell dope they arrest me because i looked too fucking strange.

7. Axehandle Mountain

Axehandle Mountain Active Member Forum Member

Feb 26, 2010

I've tried three times, but didn't have anything like hallucinations. I mainly had a hard time controlling my actions, and lasted about 10-15 minutes for me. I probably need to get my hands on the stronger shit. I forget what designations ours had.

8. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    i love how a thread on NA/AA has led to people talking about what drugs they'd like to try

9. Wonder138

Wonder138 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2009

its great im one of those who needs it there are things about it i dont like but its still good

10. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Never tried it, maybe I should, maybe I shouldn't. I don't know.
    Could be very worthwhile, or it could very well be the same way it works for me with any other gathering of people I 'have' to attend.

11. Wonder138

Wonder138 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2009

dued go but dont flip out when they say god just listen to what they have to say weather you agree or not its saves alot of annoyance

12. raindeer667

raindeer667 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 10, 2009

WELL IT'S GOT GOOD POINTS AND BAD...
    PEOPLE WHO ARE COMING OF SUBSTANCES WHICH THEY WHERE DEPENDENT UPON TO ABUSE TEND TO BE VERY "EDGY" AND NERVES WITH EVERYTHING.

i FOUND ALOT OF USEFUL DATA AND EXPERIENCE WITH AA, ALTHOUGH THROUGH IT ALL I FOUND THE MAIN WORKABILITY OF THE PROGRAM IS PASSIFICATION. PLUS A DEPENDENCY UPON THE BOOK.

ALTHOUGH PEOPLE HAVE THE FREE WILL TO GO, SOME ARE "ORDERED" TO ATTEND AA MEETING AND PURSUE THE PROGRAM OF THEIR OWN ACCORD USUALLY FOR THE STATE, TO GATHER SIGNATURES OF ATTENDANCE... WITH LACK OF EVALUATION AND PERHAPS ACCOUNTABILITY.

ALTHOUGH I HAVE FINISHED WITH SUBSTANCE ABUSE BUT OF MY OWN RESEARCH, TRIAL AND ERROR... LIFE IS ROUGH, BUT OF COURSE

IT'S ALSO GOOD FOR COMMUNITY, TRUST, AND OTHER PARANORMAL THINGS WHICH GO WITH THAT COURSE, BUT I CAN SAY THEIR IS A WHOLE UNIVERSE OF WAYS OUTTA SHIT... TAKE CARE. AND REMEMBER PLANTS CAN HELP...

13. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

Holy Vishnu your posts hurt my eyes q:

14. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    someone who I know very well who used to be on speed and heroin and who i thought for sure would die before he was 40 is now clean and getting healthy through NA and AA. (and he's past 40 now :) Like the saying at the end of every meeting... It works if you work it, it sucks if you don't. (meaning people who go to meetings who don't work it, not people who don't need it in the first place.)

15. rude-boy

rude-boy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 12, 2010

when i was in high school the drug councilers,social workers,teachers,princibles every one seemed to be trying to get me to go to drug counceling with the school. it got really anoying. i understand why they did it. me going to school on a 3 day speed bender or on shrroms or drunk. i had no problem doing what ever was offered to me. that was high school. i chilled out a bit since then. but i remember teachers felt sorry for me so i would never get sent to the office when they could see i was drunk or the whole desk was shaking cuz i was on speed or wtv. they seemed to eather to notice that getting me in trouble was poitless. or they just did not care i dont know. but they tried from grade 8 to 11 trying to get me to see sme one. i shot them down each time.

i dont see those programs being anyhelp. i choose what goes in my body. anything these people tell me are things i know alreafy, i like to know what im taking before i take it. i have spent hours reserching that shit. i chose to do what i wanted to do. the 10 steps to me are a joke. if some one really does not want to do anything they wont do it. i dont know quite how to explane what im saying....

on a side note from that. my current love is acid....i dont know why any one if they had a choice would ever do shrooms or salvia in place of acid. its so much of a cleaner trip then shrooms. and salvia is just fucking chaos for 10 mins. i have seen more people have bad trips on salvia then shrooms and acid put together. god i cant wait for acid tri next week. just need to make sure i eat this time. 4 hits of acid and a 24 of bud is badddd new on an empty stomac..trust me on that one

16. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

I saw a very bad trip of acid and Joseph's coat once, that wasn't good at all.... Avoid that.

17. rude-boy

Mar 12, 2010

i unno i have never had a bad trip. the worst i ever had was the acid was just really taking hold. that first 10 mins of pure madness as your brain fights to keep control. and my buddy put on metalocolips. that dethklok show. it was the first time i ever saw it...i was trippin balls and there was intense metal music playign peopel being killed and all kinds of crazy metal shit was going down. i was sitting in a rocking chair across his house trippin balls,. but i would not count it as a bad trip at al. just a bit to intense for my brain.

also i cant go outside when im tripping. i dont know. i get this huge anxiety of peopel watchign me. i think its due to the fact that im so used to carrying around large amounts of drugs. because i have been sellign all kinds of differnt kinds of shit since grade 9. pills, weed, shrooms, big of blow but i got out of that fast... i have become naturily paranoid a la max. and the acid magnifies it 20x. only time i have gone outside is to go and steal a bunch of smurf gnome things. hahah good times. but me and my buddy have a plan. when were tippin balls to go to the park and SCREAM!!!!! as loud as we can.

18. deadsmart

deadsmart Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 19, 2009

Haha, I had a similar experience but instead of Dethklok it was the Addams Family movie. I think it also had to do with the sun setting while I was coming up, but I also wouldn't call it a bad trip, I just had to regain focus.

Also, I'd agree that AA/NA can probably help if you;re not forced to go. I've never been to either so that's just an assumption I guess.
    It always sounds like people addicted to hard drugs can't do it without groups like that but I had a buddy who was accicted to crack-cocaine and he got himself off of it by "converting" to weed.

19. rude-boy

Mar 12, 2010

ya i hav alot of friends who i have seen crying because they are trying to quit and its driving them crazy. just the other week one made the other liek freek out cuz he was liek cmon man just one bag and pushing him. my buddy mini used to sniff like 2-3 times a week. like get fucked. and the guy pressuring is jake. he was just out of a 10 000$ rehab place his perents sent him to for doing tons of blow. and now he is there almost begging mini to get blow beacuse jake wants some free shit. fail a la max...

20. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    the worst (not bad just boring) acid trip i had i couldn't leave my friends house, so we watched young einstein and some episodes of this sitcom wings... i stil;l tripped but i was bored as all fuck. I had a bad mushroom trip once though... ended up in the hospital because it was so bad i thought i was dying. I've had anxiety problems ever since then...