Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

About Iraqi Rape Reports

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by The ClicheAntagonist, Mar 24, 2011.

1. JoeyV

JoeyV Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 23, 2010

Ok no offense
    but It kind of sounds like your backing up rapist....
    Anyways I really wouldn't care how much any rapist is fucked up in the head. A rapist is a rapist.

2. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

No im not backing up rapists im backing up soldiers. I was just making a point that these soldiers who rape, and kill should not be in Iraq and Afghanistan in the first place.

3. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

Took some time 'till I re-discovered this one:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redacted_%28film%29

Brian De Palmas more or less Hollywood-like-version of the massacre of Mahmudiyya, following his previous attempt to picture the "phenomen" of rape and killing of defenceless innocent in war:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_War

I wouldn't say that "Redacted" is a good movie giving a clear explanation of the crimes against defenceless non-combatants, but it gives at least a comprehensible picture of the situation soldiers ordered to "fight for freedom and democracy" are put in - and how this mad mixture of boredom, frustration and mortal terror explodes - only to be covered up by the army to save the states illusionary reputation.
    These killers and rapists are where they should not be, so their crimes are an inevitable consequence impossible to back up or justify by any means. Joining the army is a wrong choice, even without any kind of malevolent consequences.
    Raping and killing innocent people isn't excusable, it doesn't matter if soldiers are "forced" into the war by the criminal system using them as cannon fodder just for profits and power.

4. Bentheanarchist

Dec 10, 2010

I think rape and murder is disgusting.
    I did not say they should not be punished.
    I just said it could have been prevented if there was no war.
    Someone is raped in every war, and thats why I want to stop war, so war crimes will not happen, or Soldiers need to be checked out before they go to war to see if they are mentally fit to serve.

5. nike

nike Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 19, 2011

how can anybody be mentally fit to witness people ripped into shreds and pieces by explosives and shrapnel, burned alive by chemicals or simply getting their head blown off by a "clean" sniper shot?
    this whole evaluation business with recruits is a barefaced lie - nobody can predict how anybody reacts under extreme stress and dangers - and don't forget: war lasts longer than a single afternoon... and even the strongest mind can't deal with the frontline slaughter becoming a daily routine for weeks, months, years.

6. Bentheanarchist

Dec 10, 2010

I woud rather there be no war in the first place.

War is a horrible thing that is almost never ever justified, except in the case of the war against the Nazis.