Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

** A-p.net need your help ! **

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ungovernable, Aug 23, 2010.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    A few bands have already accepted to be part of our compilation... We need your help to pick a song !

We thought the best way to proceed would be to ask the members of this forum what is their favorite song and vote to select the song to appear on the compilation

there is already a couple of bands up for vote here:
    http://www.anarcho-punk.net/viewforum.php?f=94

PLEASE HELP US!!

2. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

Should get diatribe on this

3. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Diatribe will be on the compilation ;)

4. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

I think a song from Whorehouse of Representatives should get an honourable mention.

5. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Whorehouse of Representatives are on Profane Existence as far as i know, and this label is the biggest opponent to file sharing in the punk scene so fuck that.

Our compilation will feature only bands who accept to be part of the compilation and bands who are not against file sharing. So if you know a member of Whorehouse of Representatives, just contact them and ask them..

6. SurgeryXdisaster

Oct 8, 2009

My band isn't against file sharing ;)

7. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    But like i explained here:
    viewtopic.php?f=94&t=4738

we will give priority to band who have notoriety in the scene for the first volume, because it is risky to invest money and we want to ensure we will be able to easily sell the compilations

but anyway, whats your band ?

8. nodz

Apr 4, 2010

Fair enough about Whorehouse but not sure how it works with their album being available for free down load on moshpit tradgedy on inimical records then

9. SurgeryXdisaster

Oct 8, 2009

Disruptions!

This song's called Don't Believe...
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/wldm1ek05 ... elieve.zip

It's 100% DIY so you know what to expect in terms of recording quality (the drums sound better if you play it louder)
    We have members from local Chicago bands: Corpse Gas and Avulsion SS (defunct)

10. SurgeryXdisaster

Oct 8, 2009

I've contacted Oi Polloi about this whole thing but no response as of yet.

11. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    yeah another member have contacted Oi Polloi, no reply so far but i heard sometimes it may take 2-3 months before they reply to messages.

However, i am not sure they will accept our concept of file sharing and free downloads, Profane Existence have reappropriated them for their famous campaign against file sharing.

12. SurgeryXdisaster

Oct 8, 2009

Hmmm well then
    I mean the first time i heard oi polloi was through illegal downloads
    and after i found out that enjoyed their music i payed for albums i already had,
    such as Total Resistance to the fucking system and their self titled EP.
    It just comes down to punks realizing they do need to support their scene
    but no one can afford to buy the entire discography of all their favorite bands
    ah well, we shall see what happens

13. nodz

Apr 4, 2010

Totally agree that no one can afford to buy the entire discography of all bands.
    Problem is, it is quite difficult to buy any here in Australia, especially some of the underground stuff or stuff that you can only get by going to gigs.
    We have a shop here in Melbourne that is called Missing Link, it supports many DIY bands and distros etc, problem is they can still be very expensive.
    There are of course some cheap EPs etc for sale but as soon as there is a CD involved with artwork etc, we are paying in the region of $22-28 (15-20 euro)
    Trying to buy some of the stuff from Europe is also a bummer. Three or four quid for a record from the UK but by the time you add postage and do the conversion, it is still in the same price vicinity, not forgetting the extra charges for paypal or extra charges for using foreign currency on your credit card and also the security issues of not knowing who has you credit card details or the problems associated with many small distros not having the facilities to deal with credit cards.
    I find myself trying to download stuff that is free from the band (that is, the band say, here take it, it's free and legal). It's usually from somewhere like myspace or last.fm etc. Trouble with this of course is that you nearly always don't get the full disc play list.
    iTunes is another problem, you can't get a lot of the true DIY stuff and then other bands like anti-product, discharge that are available are still $1.69 - $2.19 (1.2-1.5 euro) per track which gets you to about $17 (12 Euro) per LP and you don't get the hard copy!

14. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Contacted D-Clone from Japan....fingers crossed that they'll contribute a new track..