Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

34 nuclear reactors could lead to nuclear explosion in France

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by ungovernable, Feb 15, 2011.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    This is the official report from the press:
    But this is the truth, found hidden somewhere on EDF official website:

The problem is that the water system that is supposed to prevent the reactor from exploding isn't working. So if there is an incident, the problem may end up in a nuclear explosion.

And don't forget that those 30 reactors ALL have past their limit of 30 years of use and they are still running. Some of them are even using plutonium... Imagine a nuclear explosion from a plutonium central... Worse than tchernobyl.

Also, each years there are many dangerous scary nuclear incidents in france, some of them are minimized or even hidden by the authorities.

There is a french communiqué from the "Exit nuclear network" (réseau sortir du nucléaire) available here:
    http://webzine.resistance.tk/webzine_article.php?t=9803

(use google translator to translate it)

Nuclear energy is a con
    It's just a cover for making their bombs
    And it sends people to an early grave
    So we want the power of the wind and the waves

[Chorus:]
    Harness the wind
    Harness the waves
    We don't need this filthy nuclear waste
    Solar power - yet another alternative
    Think of the boundless energy the sun has to give
    Then there's hydro-electricity with turbines and dams
    And we can out our consumption with conservation programmes

[Chorus:]
    Harness the wind
    The sun the waves
    The civil atomic energy programmes
    is nothing but an elaborate cover-up for the real use of nuclear power
    namely the production of fissile materials for nuclear weapons
    We call for an end to the nuclear power programmes and properly
    funded research into renewable sources of energy

[chorus:]
    Harness the wind
    The sun the waves

2. snookams

snookams Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 7, 2010

Re: 34 nuclear reactors could lear to nuclear explosion in france

well that's not good....

and maybe oi polloi doesn't know much about american work projects in the 1930's, but they should do research before writing research-based songs. i am not for nuclear power either, but the alternatives they mention are still very shitty ones....

3. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada

????????????????????????????????????

In quebec ALL of our electricity come from hydro-electricity, and we are even selling electricity to the USA because we produce too much...

Solar energy is a fucking good alternative, you can power your whole house with only a few solar pannels... In some country in europe they are now forced to install solar pannels on all new house they build.... There are also some prototypes of super-solar-centrals which center the solar energy with mirrors in the desert and it's working very good (i have a documentary on that)

The rest of the song is very revelent, most of the countries are hiding their nuclear weapons behind civil usage, for example thats how israel managed to get nuke, same thing for iran and many other countries...

4. snookams

Feb 7, 2010

the solar pannels affect heat in the deserts here in CA to the point of eco system damage. i'm sure the solar pannels are okay in other places or at least have limited affects, but you have understand that it is environmentaly relative. same goes for hydroelectricity....you should see the CA Edison Plants in Long Beach....

don't get me started on dams.....i wish i could give you some sauce but most of this stuff is in books...i don't do much internet research. i'm sure oi polloi has good inentions, but they just should be wary about sweeping generalizations.

5. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada

?????

I don't understand what's the deal with heat in the deserts and links with ecosystem damage, you'd have to explain that to me.

As for hydroelectricity, sometimes it will damage the ecosystem but damages are really minor, especially compared to other ways of producing electricity...

So you are against solar energy and hydroelectricity, you don't support nuclear and you blame oi polloi for preaching a wrong alternative.... What alternative do you propose ?

Of course there's always going to be negative arguments against all kind of alternatives, but you can't deny that solar, wind, and hydroelectricity is by far the best way of producing clean energy. There is no better way. If there is, then please explain.

6. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

it's the same shit here in germany, lots of out-of-date reactors - especially the two in our vicinity, ohu I + II, we had agreements and laws for phasing out nuclear energy withhin 25 years made up by the previous socialdemocrat/green party government - now the conservatives try to turn the agreements down, first with prolonged allowances for the continued operation of the nuclear power plants - no matter how "old" they are.
    still the waste management is hopeless because of the lack of technology and final disposal facilities - so we keep on producing plutonium and "castor" the stuff around... while we could buy much cheaper energy from Norway and it's numerous hydroelectric power plants.

http://www.robinwood.de/german/energie/ ... sicht.html
    http://www.montagsspaziergang.de/rund_u ... utschland/

7. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    "waste management" is a big joke, some green activists released a very interessing documentary last year about it, all nuclear wastes are being sold to russia... They retraced the waste and russia buy it just because the country needs money but they don't have proper waste management so they just end up stocking the waste on some sort of scrapyard, and it isn't even protected (the wastes are stocked open sky !!!!!!!!!)

The whole nuclear industry is a big joke, i wonder when the human will realize that it's the biggest error they made since the technology era..... Nuclear waste takes like 10,000 years to completly disseapear from environment.... France is now building LARGE underground complexes to stock nuclear waste and they plan to let the waste here during many thousands of years.... But god knows what can happen during those thousands of years, just during the past 2000 years a lot of things and changes have happenned in all countries... Also the complex will quickly become full and we will be confronted to the same problem..

The biggest scam is that government propaganda in france are telling everyone that nuclear energy is clean and there is no problem.... That's probably how they managed to have 90% of their power come from nuclear power.... What a shame

8. snookams

Feb 7, 2010

@ungov.:
    in terms of alternatives, you're right there aren't many, save those that are still in the works. there are negative affects for the current alternatives at hand, but they can act as a segue to newer, cleaner technology. so i'm sure me posting a bunch of articles on the negative affects of those alternatives is pointless, since they are relative and they aren't nearly as bad as what nuclear power could be.

however, solar energy does have the greatest negative impact of the said alternatives. the increased heat in deserts can lead to increased desertification, or the expansion of the desert itself- so ecosystem damage and climate change spills into other biospheres. the sun uses nuclear fusion. so if you have a giant ball emitting nuclear fusion energy being reflected and having some of those UV and infared rays reflected back into the atmosphere, which is currently experiencing the greenhouse effect, those rays become trapped. also, the polysilicon materiel that the solar pannels are made of have a very long half life and are full of carcinogens...this is especially a problem in China, wich is where most of the polysilicon plants are (exploiting the massive labor force, of course).

the solar pannels are, however, less impacting then burning raw fossil fuel or coal. environmental policy is fucking depressing....and this is just an example of the hopelessness that an environmentalist feels....especially when many "scientists" swear by nuclear power as a source of alternative fuel.

9. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Parliament says it's safe, so why not bury it there?