[ Archive ]
Who are We ?
Anarchopunk albums: 3662
International albums: 1323
Total downloads: 4985

> New Topics
 Ferguson..
Ferguson [by nodogs_nomasters @ 26-11-2014]

A friend of mine contacted me this evening. Apparently she's right smack in the middle of the protests, riots, and general unrest down in Ferguson over the shooting of Mike Brown by a police officer. She's going out to join some (...)

1 reply - last post by nodogs_nomasters @ 26-11-2014 09:23
 IWW ?..
IWW ? [by IamMe @ 24-11-2014]

ok im staying at a house with some friends and the house owner is the son of some really important welsh IWW guy. hes about 70 and seems to jabber on about communism but i cant understand a full sentance, he said he worked in mosc (...)

1 reply - last post by nodogs_nomasters @ 26-11-2014 02:35
 Woody Harrelson is one of..
Woody Harrelson is one of us [by DanSE @ 22-11-2014]

http://www.truthdig.com/arts_culture/it ... t_20141122 (...)

4 replies - last post by Paczilla @ 23-11-2014 13:35
 i.c.hoppy. Old, new here..
i.c.hoppy. Old, new here [by i.c.hippy @ 21-11-2014]

I'm an old hippy (63), Music is very important to me. I'm also pissed at the world (or, maybe just most of the people on it).i've never been to a chat room , so it's time to give it a try. I live in the U.S. The world is fucked u (...)

4 replies - last post by Spike, one of many @ 23-11-2014 10:40
 Looking for some new band..
Looking for some new bands (very picky) [by holytoaster @ 21-11-2014]

So I have been looking for some new punk bands to download and listen to on my mp3 player while i'm out. Nobody around where I live can seem to help me out. I can usually pick around and find good songs I when I'm online but I h (...)

1 reply - last post by 363 @ 22-11-2014 07:41
 How to find punk show pla..
How to find punk show playing near me? [by fuckusernames20 @ 17-11-2014]

May be a stupid question but how can i find some punk/oi! shows near me? i googled and could not find any and i am sure they has to be some around me. (...)

2 replies - last post by 363 @ 22-11-2014 07:52
 la jungla fest barcelona..
la jungla fest barcelona [by discrass @ 16-11-2014]

does someone has news about this fest ? when?? bands.... (...)

0 reply - last post by discrass @ 16-11-2014 12:14
 New guy from ATX..
New guy from ATX [by BladeofCesare85 @ 14-11-2014]

Hey everybody, I'm Brad, I'm 29, and I live in Austin Texas. I moved to Austin in 2009, though my Dad has been here for over half my life. I spent most of my growing up years in a small, super conservative town called Gatesville, (...)

2 replies - last post by nodogs_nomasters @ 19-11-2014 07:35
 Women and punk..
Women and punk [by nodogs_nomasters @ 12-11-2014]

A friend of mine just posted this on facebook. What are your thoughts? Does this fit your experiences in the punk scene? (...)

5 replies - last post by nodogs_nomasters @ 23-11-2014 20:44
 Organized Chaos?..
Organized Chaos? [by manny77 @ 12-11-2014]

Does any body happen to have any Organized Chaos albums? Listened to the song they have on &quot;Wessex '82&quot; and I think they kick ass (...)

2 replies - last post by manny77 @ 16-11-2014 20:28

> Latest Replies
 Re: Ferguson
 Ferguson
 Re: IWW ?
 Re: Makach - k7 & 10" [punk rock from france]
 Re: Anarchy and Free Speech
 IWW ?
 Re: Women and punk
 Re: gimme your fast political bands
 Re: Woody Harrelson is one of us
 Re: i.c.hoppy. Old, new here
 Woody Harrelson is one of us
 Re: Children with special needs in anarchism?
 Re: How to find punk show playing near me?
 Re: Looking for some new bands (very picky)
 i.c.hoppy. Old, new here
 Re: Relationships and belief.
 Looking for some new bands (very picky)
 Re: Armistice - Various Albums/ Releases (USA)
 Re: STUFF I CANNOT FIND !!!
 Armistice - Various Albums/ Releases (USA)
 Re: Atrocious Kontrol
 Re: New guy from ATX
 Re: Burnt Cross - Carcass of Humanity CD
 Re: Burnt Cross - Carcass of Humanity CD
 Re: Burnt Cross - Earth Dies Screaming CD
 Re: Anthrax / Burnt Cross split 7"
 Re: How to find punk show playing near me?

> New Downloads
 Armistice - Various Albums/ Releases (USA)..
 Prolefeed - The Day Man Lost split - 2013 (E..
 Prolefeed - Couple tracks from War All The Ti..
 Short Leash - Street Class EP - 2014 (Austra..
 Seppuku - Seppuku - 2013 (Croatia)..
 Benzödeme - Drone Attack EP - 2014 (Country..
 Swordwielder-Grim visions of battle LP..
 Collapse of Christus - 2014 (USA)..
 Canal Terror - Zu Spät LP - 1982 (German)..
 Infantile Dissention - Demo - 2014 (Canada)..

Support us, buy a T-Shirt:

Pirate-Punk.net (fr)
QuebecUnderground.net
Resistance.tk (fr)
Webzine.Resistance.tk (fr)
PunksAndSkins.com (en)
Ni-Dieu-Ni-Maitre.com (fr)
No-Gods-No-Masters.com (en)
Ni-Dios-Ni-Amo.com (es)

Add us on FACEBOOK

Add us on LAST.FM

Add us on MYSPACE

Click here to register an account on the forums

Anti-bullfighting

Anti-bullfighting

Postby antitude420 on 23/05/2010, 13:46

I searched the forum and I wasn't able to find a topic about this issue.

In some parts of Europe and South America, bullfighting is seen as an ancient tradition, when it just consists of animal mistreatment and torture.
Fans of this "tradition" seem to hide behind that same argument, "it's an ancient tradition, respect it" and they want to keep this horrific thing going on.

Bullfighting, for those of you who aren't familiar with it, is called a "blood sport" in which one or more bulls are killed in an arena, for the sole purpose of entertaining the people watching it (in Portugal it's illegal to kill the bull in the arena but they injure it to the point that he isn't able to get up and then take him to the slaughterhouse).
There's a toreador (the bullfighter) and his job is to subdue the bull, while riding a horse, and impale the bull with small spears with little flags and adornments on top.

Video links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hretmzL8vZs (a bunch of clips displaying the bullfight, kinda soft, though)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od9NadMllSc (anti-bullfighting video)

I'm radically against this so-called "sport", it should be discontinued. It's absurd and it results in suffering for both the bull, the horse (who sometimes gets injured and is also mental torture as horses are naturally affraid of bulls) and sometimes for the bullfighter (though I feel little compassion for him).

What do you think should be done concerning this issue?

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lykReqCG ... r_embedded - recent video of an accident on a bullfight in Spain, the bull impaled the bullfighter shoving his horn through his throat in a way that it came out through his mouth. he's not dead nor does he is in a life threathning position but I sure hope he learned his lesson and will never put a foot inside an arena again! (the video may be a bit shocking for some)
Last edited by antitude420 on 23/05/2010, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

antitude420

View member's uploaded albums

Add to friends

Re: Anti-bullfighting

Postby deadsmart on 23/05/2010, 14:20

I am against this as well.

Its another instance where animals are harmed for no reason at all . "Tradition" and "Entertainment" aren't reasons ! Especially when they're that barbaric.

I bet if they decided to bring back the roman "tradition" of gladiators, people would oppose it because its people being gored and not animals.

As for what should be done, I think they should definately stop it, but HOW? I've never talked to anyone invovled in bullfighting so I'm not sure how you'd get through to people about how wrong it is.

deadsmart

Add to friends

Postby antitude420 on 23/05/2010, 14:42

deadsmart wrote:I am against this as well.

Its another instance where animals are harmed for no reason at all . "Tradition" and "Entertainment" aren't reasons ! Especially when they're that barbaric.

I bet if they decided to bring back the roman "tradition" of gladiators, people would oppose it because its people being gored and not animals.

As for what should be done, I think they should definately stop it, but HOW? I've never talked to anyone invovled in bullfighting so I'm not sure how you'd get through to people about how wrong it is.

I never knew a bullfighter or a "forcado" or anyone directly involved in bullfighting but my mom loves it and she uses that same idiotic argument I stated in my previous post, she says that "it's an art. it's a tradition, it's part of our culture and should be respected!" and when I try to tell her that "culture doesn't serve as an excuse for everything. in ancient rome, it was part of their culture to make gladiators fight until one of them died, still, they don't continue to do it, do they?!", to which she just responds "I don't have arguments with fundamentalists" and goes away.

The argument she uses, is the same everyone who's pro-bullfighting uses, and I found it idiotic. I don't know how can someone support animal torture and justify it with "it's just a cultural thing". It pisses me off :@

antitude420

Add to friends

Postby Anom on 23/05/2010, 14:53

We don't have bullfighting up here but i'm definately against it and think it needs to be stopped but don't know how. What we do have here are zoos that are far from animal friendly (and some that have actually done a lot of good too) and circuses using animals. What we've done that i've been involved in about that is spreading information. It's not enough but it's something. More needs to be done though, way more.
With the meat industry at least most people can understand it's horrible but then they close their eyes and refuse to think of what they eat. With animalabuse as entertainment most people seems to be unable to see the horrors. They see a picture of a cute baby polarbear and they take their kids to look at it and are blind to how unnatural it is for the bears to live in cages. The cages might be big in some cases but they are there.
Would want to have a solution for things like this but for now i don't know how to stop this crazyness.
If you aren't outraged you have not been paying attention

Anom

Add to friends

Postby antitude420 on 23/05/2010, 15:08

Anom wrote:We don't have bullfighting up here but i'm definately against it and think it needs to be stopped but don't know how. What we do have here are zoos that are far from animal friendly (and some that have actually done a lot of good too) and circuses using animals. What we've done that i've been involved in about that is spreading information. It's not enough but it's something. More needs to be done though, way more.
With the meat industry at least most people can understand it's horrible but then they close their eyes and refuse to think of what they eat. With animalabuse as entertainment most people seems to be unable to see the horrors. They see a picture of a cute baby polarbear and they take their kids to look at it and are blind to how unnatural it is for the bears to live in cages. The cages might be big in some cases but they are there.
Would want to have a solution for things like this but for now i don't know how to stop this crazyness.

Yeah, zoo's and circus mostly promote the usage and suffering of animals for the sole purpose of entertaining humans, it's horrible.
I don't know, I guess we're missing some ALF action on this issue, maybe because bulls and zoo/circus animals are hard to keep.

Also (back on the bullfighting issue), I never heard about ALF here in Portugal, I don't know about Spain, France and the other countries where bullfighting is part of their tradition (mostly latin countries), but we sure need a lot more radical action on this issue.

Here, we mostly hand-out some flyers and do some rallys against bullfighting but it isn't enough because the arenas still exceed capacity on "barbarian night", it sucks. And that's why I think we should be more radical concerning some of this issues.

The anarcho-movement along with the animal rights issue also needs more followers here in Portugal, we could use some outside help, btw ;)

antitude420

Add to friends

Postby Anom on 23/05/2010, 15:15

antitude420 wrote:
The anarcho-movement along with the animal rights issue also needs more followers here in Portugal, we could use some outside help, btw ;)

If i ever find my way to Portugal i'm all for some bullfighter-fighting! ;)

Anom

Add to friends

Postby OB Soul on 23/05/2010, 15:18

I'm totally with you on this, it's completely disgusting. Henry Rollins actually does a spoken word bit on the subject and gets it pretty right on i think.

this issue is very similar to the circus/sea world issue, where a lot of it is that disconnect mainstream society has with the feelings and pain of animals involved in these entertainment venues. this of course boils down to not holding an animal's right to happiness as high as a human's. I think besides protesting and ads like the one posted that getting more of the animal rights/veggie vegan folks aware of this issue is critical, especially those outside of europe/south america. i know here in the states we don't really have bullfighting, but we do have water parks, rodeos and circuses and i think it's important that we not leave bullfighting out of discussions and actions just because it doesn't happen in our country.

***edit**** i realize that i've just reiterated several other posts. slow typer, what can i say?
punks not dead, it just deserves to die when it becomes another stale cartoon

OB Soul

Add to friends

Postby antitude420 on 23/05/2010, 15:57

Anom wrote:
antitude420 wrote:

If i ever find my way to Portugal i'm all for some bullfighter-fighting! ;)

:good:
Be sure to let me know and bring some friends!
Just to let the our government know that despite being a small-country and an even smaller anarchist community, we're not alone in this fight against capitalists and their corrupt mentality concerning everything, including entertainment and animal rights. Imo, public entertaininment and animals should never go hand-in-hand. But, what can I say? Money, nationalism and entertainment, isn't that what capitalism is all about?

antitude420

Add to friends

Postby Anom on 23/05/2010, 16:36

antitude420 wrote:
Anom wrote:
:good:
Be sure to let me know and bring some friends!
Just to let the our government know that despite being a small-country and an even smaller anarchist community, we're not alone in this fight against capitalists and their corrupt mentality concerning everything, including entertainment and animal rights. Imo, public entertaininment and animals should never go hand-in-hand. But, what can I say? Money, nationalism and entertainment, isn't that what capitalism is all about?

Of cause i'll let you know :D
Animals should have nothing to do with entertaining humans (or rather non-human animals should have nothing to do with entertaining human animals) but yes, that's capitalism right there showing it's ugly face. I'd say the problem also include pets being treated as property. The word 'pet' is quite disgusting, doesn't at all speak of the animal as a living feeling beeing. I prefer to have 'animal friends' :)

Anom

Add to friends

Postby OB Soul on 23/05/2010, 17:03

Anom wrote:
antitude420 wrote:
Anom wrote:I'd say the problem also include pets being treated as property. The word 'pet' is quite disgusting, doesn't at all speak of the animal as a living feeling beeing. I prefer to have 'animal friends' :)

totally with you there. i honestly think that not only should there be universal health care for people but animals too, including animal companions. no one should be able to profit from sick or dying creatures, and vet bills are absurd.

OB Soul

Add to friends

Postby Anom on 23/05/2010, 17:27

OB Soul wrote:totally with you there. i honestly think that not only should there be universal health care for people but animals too, including animal companions. no one should be able to profit from sick or dying creatures, and vet bills are absurd.

That would be very good. I've had to go to vets several times for a variety of reasons with different animals and well sometimes, helping them is just so expensive it's impossible. Even to put a sick animal to rest so to speak is expensive but i've done that when they have been old or very very sick and there is nothing else i can do.

Anom

Add to friends

Postby antitude420 on 23/05/2010, 17:29

Yea, I agree that the word 'pet' is a derrogative term and that health care should be extendable to non-human beings (also with Anom on the usage of the word 'animal').

Even though I have an 'animal friend', I feel quite sorry for it (it's a rabbit). My little sister insisted she wanted a rabbit so my mom got her one, I love it, but I hate seeing it walking around in a "small" cage, confined to just drinking, eating and shitting and sometimes just trying to run around and jump but not being able too...Kinda brakes my heart. We let her out everyday but it's just on our balcony, not that big of a space.

I'm all for having 'animal friends' but only if you have the conditions to have it and if you agree to take it out everyday or just let it out from time to time, just for it to be able to connect with others of it's kind.

antitude420

Add to friends

Postby Anom on 23/05/2010, 17:38

antitude420 wrote:I'm all for having 'animal friends' but only if you have the conditions to have it and if you agree to take it out everyday or just let it out from time to time, just for it to be able to connect with others of it's kind.

Very much agreeing on this.
At least the bunny has someone who cares to take her out and make life as good as possible for her, wich is really all you can do for anyone - your best.

Anom

Add to friends

Postby Anxiety69 on 23/05/2010, 17:43

check out the anti-bullfighting song ONCE PROUD, NOW DEAD by Hagar The Womb, available for download from here!

I'm too pissed to be a folksinger
I'm not a punk but that's where I'm coming from
I'm not too into music but I got so much of it inside
I'm not a drunk aggressive idiot
And I used to believe in punk I thought it might offer something new
but punk ripped me off cheated me out of something close to me
I'm trying to move along but some roots reach pretty far down
I'm interested in politics and action In trying to create something that's not
I feel like I'm in the middle of everything There is no niche for me
And I believe in anarchy in trying to live autonomously
I try not to walk my talk but to talk my walk - $ETH!

Anxiety69

Add to friends

Postby OB Soul on 23/05/2010, 18:04

Yes to all of the above. I'm actually in the midst of vet issues with one of my rats who has a tumor and the family dog who also has a mass, and how the hell we're gonna pay for it. I love both my rats to pieces and the dog too and its sickens me that i have to even consider whether to treat them or not. i think the bonds humans and other animals is actually really beautiful, and mabye one day bulls will just chill out in the wild under cork trees instead of being slaughtered with swords for entertainment.

OB Soul

Add to friends

Postby antitude420 on 23/05/2010, 18:20

OB Soul wrote:Yes to all of the above. I'm actually in the midst of vet issues with one of my rats who has a tumor and the family dog who also has a mass, and how the hell we're gonna pay for it. I love both my rats to pieces and the dog too and its sickens me that i have to even consider whether to treat them or not. i think the bonds humans and other animals is actually really beautiful, and mabye one day bulls will just chill out in the wild under cork trees instead of being slaughtered with swords for entertainment.

One can only hope. But until it happens we have to fight for it, the same way we fight for anarchy!

And that's why I created this thread, because we need to come up with solutions for this kind of widely accepted display of animal brutality, it disgusts me.
Why do people even think that saying it's a tradition would justify it or minimize the cruelty towards this innocent beings? It's unnaceptable and people should understand that no being should be harmed for the sole purpose of entertaining other beings...It's cruel, stupid and unnecessary!

I really wish ALF would do something about this, I'd be more than grateful to help!

antitude420

Add to friends

Postby Anxiety69 on 23/05/2010, 18:43

I really wish ALF would do something about this,

yeah but Alf likes to eat cats...

I'm too pissed to be a folksinger
I'm not a punk but that's where I'm coming from
I'm not too into music but I got so much of it inside
I'm not a drunk aggressive idiot
And I used to believe in punk I thought it might offer something new
but punk ripped me off cheated me out of something close to me
I'm trying to move along but some roots reach pretty far down
I'm interested in politics and action In trying to create something that's not
I feel like I'm in the middle of everything There is no niche for me
And I believe in anarchy in trying to live autonomously
I try not to walk my talk but to talk my walk - $ETH!

Anxiety69

Add to friends

Postby antitude420 on 23/05/2010, 18:50

Anxiety69 wrote:
yeah but Alf likes to eat cats...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B1QxOmbMZ0
:lmao:

antitude420

Add to friends

Postby ungovernable on 23/05/2010, 18:54

yeah it's sick... even if they don't kill the bull..

near my town there is a shit called the Western Festival and they do bullfighting all day long during the festival.... fuck them
"The Frankenstein monster you created's turned against you, now you're hated"
- ©ra$s™ (Reject Of Society)

ungovernable

Add to friends

Postby antitude420 on 23/05/2010, 19:52

ungovernable wrote:yeah it's sick... even if they don't kill the bull..

near my town there is a shit called the Western Festival and they do bullfighting all day long during the festival.... fuck them

Gather your town and boycott that shit \m/

antitude420

Add to friends

Next