Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

PE discusses AP.net

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vegetarian Barbarian, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

http://www.profaneexistence.org/communi ... et#p231235

someone over there said we are immature... HOW DARE THEY!

But they sure do attack you Mr. Ungovernable

And this was said by Rick from Whorehouse of Representatives-

"Oh, and yes the Whorehouse of Representatives music is on AP.net, despite the fact that I've also never received any letter, call or email from them asking permission!"

And, they are posting topics as examples, but when i click on them, it says i dont have permission to view em. How do you get around this?

Dan does bring up a good point though, its good to buy the music and stuff because it supports him and the funds to keep his distro running. Fair enough, but i feel that all the money ive sent to him for mags, t-shirts, books etc. is enough. The musical aspect should be utterly free in my opinion.

2. Rabbit

Rabbit Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 26, 2009

Just responded to that thread, hopefully we can try for a more civil relationship between two communities that share as much as A-P.net and PE.
    If anyone else is registered on PE, I hope they'll post something constructive in that thread as well.

3. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

I certainly like how they think we AP(dot)netters can't like our website and like profane exsistence.(sarcasm)

4. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

best let sleeping dogs lie and be cool hunny bunny, a fight not worth fighting.

good post though

5. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    HMMMMMMMMM, I WONDER.......

6. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    Dan is a greedy bastard. plain and simple.

7. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    Dan is a greedy bastard. plain and simple.

8. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

I've boughten enough stuff from PE
    I don't need to download anything else from the label haha
    But really, thats why there is a note under the download link:
    "NOTE: If you like the album, support the scene and buy it from an underground distro or from the band itself!"

asking permission from bands that are still currently active wouldn't be a bad idea though,
    and its not like its hard to do...

9. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Old story.

The topics concerning Profane Existence have been deleted here because we chosen to not become a battlefield for peoples who want more division in the punk scene, but profane existence refuse to remove the bullshit they are saying on us.

I'll not say what i think about them because they will start a war again.

I suggest you guys just ignore this thread and let the debate die, don't feed them again....

I tryed to talk "like civilized peoples" with them but it always ended in stupid debates and them calling us thieves and such..

I argued 10 pages with Dan PE on a thread but he chosen to censor the whole thread and instead he replaced it with the garbage topic you can now see.... It's pure bashing against A-P.Net and my arguments all diseappeared because he censored me.

I think there was a big drama around A-P.Net only because of the success we have. The fact is that all this music is already available on other download location. On top of all, unlike most of the blogs we are kind enough to offer the bands to remove their stuff.

The argument of "you didn't ask before so now i want you to take down my stuff JUST because you didn't ask me" is totally stupid for MANY reasons.

These peoples should waste their time fighting against the millions of blogs sharing the same stuff, or fight the problem of peoples selling merch without authorization (see my thread "what is real theft from the band).

All i can say is their attitude is disgusting, and it's sad to see many peoples defending stupid theories like that pretend to be anarcho.

When you have over 2000 albums yes it is hard...

Just immagine how the bands who couldnt be contacted would complaint at us not contacting them while other bands are being contacted.... Think about the bands speaking different languages, think about the bands who WOULD want to share their stuff but can't allow us to because of some legal contract with the label or with some organisation (a situation happenning very often in France with the SACEM)

And on top of all, NOBODY is doing that. And if we HAD to do it, there would be NO sites like anarcho-punk.net and NO blogs everywhere where you can download tons of music.

Peoples like Profane Existence should start complainting about big torrent websites and other very popular download websites if they want to be credible

10. Vegetarian Barbarian

Oct 19, 2009

Didnt know how old this debate was, just came across the thread over there and thought id share with you what they were saying.

11. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

Things like this that make me appreciate Moshpit Tragedy Records

12. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

hmmm, lettem call ya what they want, there should still be no governmant, they do sound like they have ghettocised themselves a little though which does them no favour ala they have a cottage market at their fingertips, most of the world doesn't have that and the net is the new tape trading, as of this moment, what if we'd never heard the clash or uk subs or extreme noise terror, yea, i've been in this situation and they also sound like narccicists and exhitensiolists a little which is very uni bolotix i have to say, its all fucked so might as well go for broke, um its broken for a reason, this ain't pre WW2, we will have to agree to disagree P.E.

but why there can't be a one stop .... i'll never understand, some humans have got some re-learning to do, we are not the enemy and if so let's lump em in with the state, lets play, i am as important as YOU

13. Cocytus

Cocytus Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 14, 2009

Oh people need to stop crying me a fucking river. It will never stop, you will never stop the downloading. You will never stop us, from keeping rare music from spreading like a disease across humanity.

The true die hards like myself will ALWAYS buy the LPs and 7"s, for the lyrics and the bragging rights of owning it, because anyone can download.
    So, if record labels were smart they would only release limited pressings and not regular pressings.

14. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

i can appriciate moshpit tragedy and this sit ealot more , i like alot of pe bands but not how they are dealing with all this "drama" per say

15. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    if labels were smart they would first understand that crust isn't what it was 15 years ago and that if the records are not selling then maybe that's just because they need to print smaller quantities. Offer should meet demand, that's a basis marketting principle.

As for moshpit tragedy, they wanted us to remove all their downloads even if they were distributing it themselves and they also asked us to take down all albums of a couple of well-known bands that have no links with them

to me "free music" is synonymous of not monopolizing the distribution in the hands of only 1 person, it's also considering the peoples doing helping you in your work (considering your work is supposed to help the bands spread their music) as ALLIES and not as ennemies to fight against just because they didn't ask you the permission to help you...

C'mon, if i had a whole lake of water and everyone wanted to drink some water, either i'd allow everybody to drink or nobody at all, period. I'd not say some ridiculous bullshit like "oh yeah sure you are allowed to drink my water since i'm a nice dude and since i'm a punk against private proprety and want to help the peoples who doesn't have access to water..... BUT you need my AUTHORIZATION first, and if i EVER caught you taking my water, or helping peoples to find the water they need, without my authorization you will have to give it back to me and never drink water again!"

16. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

I prefer beer anyway.... so there!

On a more serious sidenote, isn't it just one big hypocrisy if you shout at someone else: "you're immature", without giving them a decent chance to react? lol
    Kinda like suckerpunching a dude and then complaining to your daddy when he hits you back.

17. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

It would be good to hear their side of the argument though eh

18. Vegetarian Barbarian

Oct 19, 2009

I'd like Dan to come over here and have a civil discussion and let bygones be bygones. Because the majority of us supported PE at least once in our lives. Im just upset because i saw that people on that board were calling people names and stuff and Dan didnt really interject, just against someone who was sticking up for AP.

I know we havent said the nicest things about him.. but it wasnt like he was the main topic. I infact just said i read a blog about his stance on downloading, and i think it just snowballed.

And for bands who are upset at free downloading, shouldnt you really be playing music just to play it and have people hear it? Theres SO many other ways bands raise money.

19. Cocytus

Cocytus Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 14, 2009

Just to put this out there, If it wasnt for Dan and all his hardwork and dedication to keeping the scene alive all these years, most of the bands wouldnt have had a shot, been able to put out records, tour ETC.
    I know I got into alot of really good bands through his magazine, and as a younger crusty punk that was one of the few magazines I always looked forward to reading, I still have every issue from 98 til the last one to come out before it folded.

I dont really think anyone here has a leg to stand on talking shit about him, as I highly doubt any one of us is on his level contribution wise to the scene as a whole.

With that said, the only thing I will say that I disagree with him about is the music downloading thing.

20. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

I think from what i can assert he relaxed about it and has an acerbic sense of humour, just clear that permission wasn't asked!!!, I've got into trouble about this so understand the irksome issue, i made the point that maybe their should be a better system here, like when someone goes to upload the mods then go and ask a band for permission and then let it go up after.

Everyuone thinks that sharings a great idea gen just it has tbe done better.