Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Getting older and the way you dress.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sick Boy 77, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    I totally get that. It's alot of fun to create your own diy gear, but even if you don't plan on wearing it right now, one day you might feel like putting it on.
    I stumbled across this site once (can't seem to find it now) where they have second-hand punk jackets for sale. I can sort of understand why someone would want to sell theirs :p but who the fuck would want to buy someone else's diy jacket and actually wear it??

2. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

lady gaga! its all our fault =(
    haha, I can get why someone would want to buy second hand diy gear, but I don`t get why some of them charge as much as 300 $ for their ratty jackets.

3. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Haha, that part I can actually get, if I could make a living creating ratty jackets for $300,- a piece, with a bit of practice you could maybe churn out 3 per week. That's $900 per week! - material costs, etc., say $600 roughly. That's not bad. But who in their right mind, besides lady gaga, who'se probably got a whole wardrobe full of 'em, would actually pay $300? I mean, they're awesome but I'd rather make my own!

4. nclpw

May 25, 2012

hahah, thats exactly what high end designers do though. I`ve seen a few selling studded jackets that are even more expensive than that.
    oh you`d be surprised! theres really a market for that shit right now. people don`t want to diy because its just another trend to them, they`ll be throwing away those jackets in a few weeks anyway. i`ll bet you the punkest bands they know are the sex pistols and nirvana.

5. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    I've seen black jeans with tons of patches, pieces of other materials (like animal print) holding them together with belts and studs for sale on EBAY!! HAHA get you one of a kind gear :ecouteurs:

Remember we are all individuals, like everyone else :/

6. nclpw

May 25, 2012

haha, yeah. i wonder how many are willing to put out that much money for a pair of old smelly jeans though.
    indeed!

7. THEBLACKNOVA

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    HAHA The authentic street wear is unwashable in washing machines! WARNING! If you wash them in a washing machine they will fall fart! The only thing left when the machine is done doing its job is: belt buckles, studs, safety pins, and any other metal used to keep them together...

BUY BUY BUY
    FROM CIRCLE A

-or-

TAKE TAKE TAKE
    FROM CIRCLE A

8. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    At least you know you're getting the real deal 'cos they'll smell authentic. If you try to wash them they'll lose a considerable amount of their collectors value, if they don't fall apart.

9. nclpw

May 25, 2012

10. THEBLACKNOVA

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    So to the readers of this thread and the up and coming artists of the world, when you are done with your gear... Put it behind glass and hang it up..

FUCK PAINTINGS the new art is ANARCHO PANTS BEHIND GLASS

11. nclpw

May 25, 2012

beats digging up your old family dog and dressing it up with a tiara(yes that happened).

12. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    That's a steal
    And it looks like it's machine studded too!!

13. CrustCat

CrustCat Active Member Forum Member

Nov 12, 2012

[​IMG]
    Some shitbag sold his jacket to this celeb (who is known for domestic abuse?)
    The cost: $3,500.
    The website: http://www.dnafashiondesigns.com/punk-f ... swear.aspx
    Kind of makes you wonder the next time you go to an event whether the person beside you customize their clothes themselves or if they are a trust fund baby with waaaay too much money to toss around. I am a klutz and poke my fingers a lot in the sewing/studding process, and I know I'm not the only one with butter fingers. Blast any chump that never got a sewing injury because they use their credit cards, not themselves to acquire 'DIY' jackets/vests.

14. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    If you ask me, it looks like $3,500 of shit. I wouldn't even wear that! And I wouln't ever have worn it either. Someting about that new, neat look I've never really liked. But that's just me.

15. xXZenyattaXx

xXZenyattaXx Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 29, 2012

People really aren't putting much thought into WHERE these old punk jackets have been, are they?!

Genuinely filthy crusty jacket, NEVER BEEN WASHED, only $350!!!

....seriously though, like imagine being at a show and wearing a jacket you just bought-

Cool jacket man, I bet it took you hours to put in all those studs!!
    Uh..... yeah..... uh...

16. crustybeckham

crustybeckham Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2012

Indeed. It looks far too new to look good. But then, I guess the guy can spend the same sum on a breakfast, so what does he care?

17. Harrison

Harrison Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2009

(unless you had a huge bodyguard behind you at all times) ^^ Fucking Chris Brown, I wish I had a chance at catching him alone and relieving him of that most expensive jacket. Maybe punk will get all huge because of celebrities and then mainstream people will come to this forum in an attempt to be more "in" than their other friends?!

Reckon it's not a real punk jacket unless you've sewed the patches on yourself or with friends with dental floss and a lighter.

18. THEBLACKNOVA

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
  19. CrustCat

CrustCat Active Member Forum Member

Nov 12, 2012

As far as I know, pre-studded jackets have been on the market since before I existed since it's linked into biker culture and that's never going away.

I don't understand how now it's specifically the DIY look that's catching on. So someone wants a coat that looks like it's been customized with paint,studs, and patches by hand but can't bother to do it themselves by hitting up a thrift store and collecting the materials by trading/going to shows/bumming off of art school friends. It's like people who want dreadlocks because they saw some crust kids with dreads, but instead of just neglecting their hair and waiting it out these guys/gals go to a salon and pay someone to give them instant dreads for $350. Ugh. (Yes, I have dreads that were born the old school way so this chaps my ass too, big time.)

Also I never used a lighter to put together a vest. Explain? Have I've been missing out on something awesome.

20. nclpw

May 25, 2012

haha, and now for the hip hop edition.
    [​IMG]
    I actually like the MF doom patch(!?) At least they`ve been a little creative.
    [​IMG]

3 members have read this thread this month

1. Pandora warwick
  2. punkmar77
  3. Charger Bullet