Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Weight of Chains

Discussion in 'Documentaries & Movies' started by Bakica, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6358258 ... wars_DVDri

( Link didn't work for me, but did work for my friends, so I hope it will be fine :thumbsup: )

The Weight of Chains is a Canadian documentary film that takes a critical look at the role that the US, NATO and the EU played in the tragic breakup of a once peaceful and prosperous European state - Yugoslavia. The film, bursting with rare stock footage never before seen by Western audiences, is a creative first-hand look at why the West intervened in the Yugoslav conflict, with an impressive roster of interviews with academics, diplomats, media personalities and ordinary citizens of the former Yugoslav republics. This film also presents positive stories from the Yugoslav wars - people helping each other regardless of their ethnic background, stories of bravery and self-sacrifice.

Everything that's unknown to the public is right here. Enjoy.

2. nike

nike Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 19, 2011

my only critics is the lack about the german part at the begin of the war and the actions of criminals like genscher and kohl, doing the old "divide and conquer" trick, despite all warnings that the situation might become "uncontrollable".

we have the english version (1.48 GB) and think about how to compress it a little and upload it somewhere (mediafire?)
    if anybody knows where to download the german/yugoslavian version: i would really apprechiate to know where to get it.

3. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

At least it's mentioned that criminal genscher stood 24 hours per day in contact with Zagreb and that there is some evidence that military gear and weapons of soviet production from the former NVA (the ex-east german army, which was disbanded after the german re-union) made it's way to the croatian army - even after the UN declared a weapons embargo.
    And another excess: The agreement of the green-party minister of the intern, joschka fischer and cancellor gerhard schröder (social democrats) to the contrary-to-international-law nato-bombing of serbia during the kosovo-crisis...
    Some wikipedia information what became of this kinda turnskins:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joschka_Fischer & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerhard_Schr%C3%B6der

4. kad budu gorjeli gradovi

kad budu gorjeli gradovi Experienced Member Experienced member

Oct 23, 2012
     Serbia
  5. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

Neat, this should be fun to watch.
    The first chapter of the book "kosovo a short history"(noel malcom I think) is also on the war(well one of the wars). It also explains why it all started.
    I was young when this happened, but I don`t remember there being much insight on what was actually happening, but then again there rarely is when NATO is involved.
    I also remember an article in lemonde about the KLA and its warcrimes, I don`t remember the journalist right now but I could dig it up if anyone`s interested. Or translate it to English, I have the paper somewhere.

edit: none of my uh suggestions are from a nationalistic point of view.

6. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

True.