Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Periodical

Discussion in 'D.I.Y. - Creative section' started by Bentheanarchist, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

I want to start a periodical to get others into Anarchism in my town.
    I need some tips.

2. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Firstly get a copy of Adobe Indesign off piratebay and learn how to use it.

Other issues:
    Writing/Content - Whose going to write for it? Do you want to do it yrself? As a publication for the collective yr in? Do you need to seek contributions from people? How will you seek these contributions? etc

Editing - Who will edit it and what would the role of editor be? Would you print anything submitted or be specific in the themes or quality of content you publish?

Printing/Distribution - Would it be in hard copy or an internet publication? Would you charge money for it or make it free? How can you print it - pay for printing or find ways to get it for free (via someone printing stuff at work on the sly, asking sympathetic groups/unions/whatever with photocopiers, etc)? How will you get it to people? How will it be financed?

Its my experience that content is the hardest to produce, it tends to require a few people to make a commitment to writing stuff, which is often hard to get. And, as you'll probably be learning as you go, its a very, very time consuming and often frustrating project to undertake, but worth it.