Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Punk/DIY internet initiatives.

Discussion in 'D.I.Y. - Creative section' started by thefatpunk, Apr 17, 2011.

1. thefatpunk

thefatpunk Active Member Forum Member

Sep 17, 2009

Me and a friend of mine is working on this project - think myspace for punks... With band profiles, song upload and everything.. More info on that in another thread when it's being launched.

The thing I want to ask is for people in here to link to internet initiatives by/for punks with diy ethics.. Like this forum for example..

I would love to see what DIY minded people around the world have made available on the internet - no standard music sharing blogs please, they are easy enough to find. :)

2. DZA

DZA Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 30, 2010

Well of course there's punksandskins.com
    I'm not sure of any others...

3. SenI

SenI Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 4, 2009
     Russian Federation
    There is a site called punkrockers.com. It's similar to myspace and there you can create a web-page for the band.

4. thefatpunk

Sep 17, 2009

Hmm...

There are commercials for Slayer + Metallica shows..

That, and wanting 200$ per month for having a banner on their website doesn't really flow with the DIY ethics as far as I'm concerned.

Seems more like a money making machine than anything else...

5. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

Punkrockers.com is almost more ridiculous than MySpace. It's basically a place for teenaged Rancid fans to go to find more mediocre-to-downright-shit bands to listen to and to have something to masturbate to. Plus they let nazis and their stupid punk sympathizers join, which is a big NO from me.

6. thefatpunk

Sep 17, 2009

Haha... It also seemed a bit too commercial... Maybe I had a user there once actually to check it out, now that I think about it... Lol...

But yeah... It's not only myspace-type alternatives I'm looking for.. It's just every cool ass punk/diy internet initiative - like "distro-centrals", "myspace alternatives", "zine collections" or whatever... It's just at much to get ideas for our project as to use myself. :)

7. DZA

Jun 30, 2010

8. SenI

SenI Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 4, 2009
     Russian Federation
    Yea, it's very cool zine! A lot of interesting information is there associated with the old of UK punk bands. Personally, I'm interested to read.

I agree with you. Last time is therein appearing more crappy bands, which not interesting to listen to they. And also of i seen the Nazis in there. Full of crap really.

9. DZA

Jun 30, 2010

10. Mihanick

Mihanick Member New Member

Feb 18, 2011