Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

nutz!

Discussion in 'D.I.Y. - Creative section' started by persona-non-grata, Oct 14, 2010.

1. persona-non-grata

persona-non-grata Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 9, 2010

http://www.myspace.com/nutzanarchopunk
    ok this is a project i've been working on for quite a while now i have posted some lyrics here but i would really like to know your opinion on my sound so feel free to bitch on me :p

note: i have a shitty recording program and it's only me and my guitar without a mic so if annyone has some tips please i could use the help

2. Jameson

Jameson Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 29, 2010
     United States
    Ignorant Zombie has similar guitaring to a Negative Approach song, or atleast part of it.

I like Better off Dead but I think you should speed it up a bit.

3. persona-non-grata

Mar 9, 2010

ok did not realise that when i wrote it and i think better off dead is fine the way it is it's not meant as a fast song thanks for the tip though

4. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

I like the sound
    What guitar set up are you using, in terms of amp/effects?
    Get yourself a copy of energyXT2.5 compact edition, you can download the core edition of the net which has some restrictions like a demo program.
    There are heaps of amp VST (virtual studio technology) plug-ins.
    Buy a Behringer UCA202 or UCA222, probably the cheapest computer interfaces on the market (the 222 comes with EnergyXT and some plug-ins on disc).
    Also use a direct injection box from guitar (Beringher have one of these too) to UCA222 and you can model your sound completely in the software, add drum tracks and loops and synthesized bass lines. You can get a bass guitar plug-in and play your bass line on a standard guitar but the bass plug-in then models it down to bass tone rather than guitar tone (can't remember what that plug-in is called at the moment)
    Voila, instant band of guitar, drums, bass, synthesizer and heaps of other stuff.

I'm currently going through the same set-up

Guitar to DI Box, DI box to Xenyx 1002FX mixer. DI box also has a link out to guitar, so you can hear your sound prior to input to mixer. From mixer into UCA222 and from UCA222 to computer using energyXT. You then get the output from the computer back via the UCA222 and into the mixing desk and then sound out from the desk to the studio monitors. I'm currently using headphones, as I don't have the monitors.

Just saving up for decent monitors at the moment (Behringer have a set of 40W monitors that I want for a small set-up)

You can of course do it much cheaper than this but I found that this gave you a basic but decent quality set-up that you can improve upon later.
    The Mixer also has about 100 different effects on it as well (distortion, delay, chorus, flanger etc).

5. persona-non-grata

Mar 9, 2010

i'm using a gibson les paul std. through a line 6 spider III 30 wats amp withs on clean a little reverb and a lot of chorus flange and the crunch only with a little chorus flange for recording i use my laptop with a program called audocacity so it's just me playing the guitar and trying to scream loud enough to hear it on the recordings so that's basicly it :p