Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Noam chomsky supports elections and political partys

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by ungovernable, Jul 4, 2010.

1. danzigmcfly

danzigmcfly Active Member Forum Member

Sep 29, 2010

i don't understand the hero worship in the left leaning community about chompsky he is a brilliant man but no one man is right about everything he does have some neat things to say about topics like globalization but he also is far to complacent towards the whole power structure that governs the world i suppose that people like to have symbols as though he is some leftist batman

2. JBastard

JBastard Active Member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2011

Chomsky is kind of cool, but yeah... this isn't really a thing. He was never a hardcore Anarchist, but he does speak a lot of sense. From his ideas, take what you want and leave what you don't. All our Anarchist "heroes" (for lack of a better word, maybe its the cider) had their flaws too. It's part of being human.

3. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

saint noam is a fucking ignorant sedentary writer doing fascists and revisionists in far away europe the favour of making them almost presentable - guess they still salute him each day for his nobility of thought... :ecouteurs:

4. crustybeckham

crustybeckham Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2012

I guess the constant emphasis on the importance of "free speech" is very typical of US politics, hence Chomsky supporting anyone whose speech is limited or censored, whoever they might be and wherever their political beliefs might lie, which is highly problematic obviously. In France - and in Germany too I guess - Shoah deniers are heavily punished; there is no beating around the bush in this respect.

As Discharge summed it up "Free speech for the dumb".

5. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

OH ORACLE!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-rxe9Ayb8c[/video]