Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Ferguson

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by nodogs_nomasters, Nov 26, 2014.

1. nodogs_nomasters

nodogs_nomasters Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    A friend of mine contacted me this evening. Apparently she's right smack in the middle of the protests, riots, and general unrest down in Ferguson over the shooting of Mike Brown by a police officer. She's going out to join some of the protests later in the night.
    This all got me curious about what exactly is going on down in Ferguson. It's quite difficult to find articles on the matter that are untainted by the bias of corporate news. Anyone have any resources?

2. nodogs_nomasters

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
  3. NoGodsNoMasters38

NoGodsNoMasters38 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 17, 2013

ugh where i live people are just like "stop making this an issue of race" and "not all cops are like that, only a very small portion of them are"

4. nodogs_nomasters

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    Haha, oh no.
    People can debate back and forth about the details of this particular case, but the fact of the matter is that this case was only the straw that broke the camel's back. Racial profiling and cop on black violence has been going on for a long, LONG time. That fact is only a small piece of a disturbing, overarching theme of racism in this country. One could make a very strong case for this as a race issue.

Found a neat little video on this from the underground media:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDgwIeJuWCQ[/video]

5. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Spearheaded a freeway takeover and recieved 5 baton thrusts to the chest for the effort...my fellow protestors still got it done, both sides of the I-15 for over an hour and a half...twice! Made the Union Tribune the next day...hehe we only had 1 arrest as much as we were provoked...

6. nodogs_nomasters

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    Cheers! :beer:

7. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Here's a clip of the killing of 12-yr-old Tamir Rice in Cleveland, who was playing with a bb gun. The cops shot him at point blank just seconds after arriving.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXu_J1Sxnb4[/video]

Whatever happened to: "drop your weapon or I'll shoot" ?

8. nodogs_nomasters

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    That one's horrific :(

Here's another example:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbCtKkHBHsw[/video]

The scariest part is all of the people in the comments defending the actions of the cop, citing various legal mumbo jumbo. If only people could clear their heads of political jargon and see this on the level of human interaction. This guy went on a power trip, broke a car window and tasered a defenseless, non-threatening man in front of his whole family. I don't give a shit what the law says, that is wrong. Everyone should be outraged by things like this.

9. RememberGlencoe

RememberGlencoe Experienced Member Experienced member

May 12, 2014

10. nodogs_nomasters

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    Desk duty. Seriously? Desk duty?!
    If anyone in the whole world, anybody without a badge, killed someone for selling cigs on a street corner, they'd be facing charges of man slaughter at the bare minimum. Total insanity

11. blacklivesmatter

blacklivesmatter Member New Member

Dec 14, 2014

I would like to thank the 1 million plus people protesting nationwide last night! This truly shows you that Black Lives Matter's in the case of unarmed young black men in America! Their were over 500,000 protesters in NYC's Millions March! Several thousand attended the marches in D.C. as well and were "White washed" by the corporate intrest of the NAACP and Al Sharpton who had a original Ferguson protest activist silenced onstage during a speech! We will continue to protest! And to disrupt business as usual for the Americans who support a militarilized police state that chooses to murder,intimidate, and initiate violence on this soil! If you call yourself a true "Punk" please attend future protests! We may disrupt the Christmas parade, & New years celebrations, and continue to shut shit down!

12. nodogs_nomasters

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    I live out in Bumfuck, USA, but my Ferguson buddy is back in town. I just might have a little chat with her about taking a roadtrip.