Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Pro Male/Anti Feminist

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by cleofis, Aug 6, 2013.

1. cleofis

cleofis Member Forum Member

Jun 28, 2013

Whilst searching the internet for female archetypes out of curiosity and conversation with a partner, the search engine suggested i look at anti feminist links, so i did. apparently this is a forum (link below). that people go on everyday like facebook or apn. shit is unbelievable.
    *just spent like 5 min. trying to figure out how to describe this website, but i can't. this is the best i can do:
    gender roles feminism equity equality human rights ignorance privilege white bros dominance insensitivity, are words that exist..........

http://www.antifeministtech.info/

:/ :lmao: :S :'( :ecouteurs: :@ :ecouteurs:
    ...are also feelings...

2. Rebellious twit

Rebellious twit Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 21, 2012

MENS RIGHTS ARE BEING SUPPRESED BY WOMEN AND DEFINELY NOT BY MAN HIMSELF HALP US PLS :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs:

3. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Unfortunatly there's a lot of bullshit like this on internet and especially on facebook :( shame

4. cleofis

Jun 28, 2013

yea i guess i just didn't really think about it until i saw it ya know? and i know and have met people, even in the punk scene in the city i live in that hold these views. there's a lot of hate websites and ignorant bullshit but it was kinda surreal to see it as a forum. it goes the same for racism and other intolerance's.

5. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

well it's sad really... :ecouteurs:

6. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    A lot of you would be surprised just how many of your fellow punks hold these views but don't let others really know until they are anonymously behind a computer screen...I've had some real world class knock out drag out shitfights with other "punks" over feminism and its role in this present day patriarchal oligarchy...as annoying as I find people with even a little lack of empathy for what gender roles are weighted on people, this crowd deserves nothing but animosity.... :ecouteurs:

7. Kobac

Kobac Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    Few days ago after the gig finished i sat among mixed group of punks and mostly listened to their conversation.One of them aproached this german girl and said to her:Where is my german bitch!?
    I looked at the girl for reaction, but she just smiled.I asked him:Why do you call your girlfriend a bitch?He answered:why do i care how he calls his girlfriend and he walked away.Few minutes later a knight on a white horse came back and "rescued" his girlfriend with line:Baby, come sit with us, it will be better for your mind.I looked at the girl then him and said to her:yeah, you should better go.You won t hear anything smart here.This man knows what is best for you.They looked at me confused and he said:Fuck you, retard!Thank you i said and shrugged my shoulders.Now i think to myself what the fuck happend there?Hour ago they were shouting anti this,anti that and little bit later he is a horny sexist that looks more like fascist than human being! :ecouteurs:

8. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    It goes without saying that in the punk world there are many many people that talk the talk but never walk the walk. Anybody can shout equality and anarchism, but ask them to help out a transgendered friend or dumpster for FNB and they completely forget their shouted slogans..

9. cleofis

Jun 28, 2013

yea, i think that erks me the most, is folks in the scene being shitty. like you said kobac at a show my band played, my bassists and i asked people to not be jerks in the pit so small folk and ladies could have fun too (we hadn't played yet), then more than 3/4 of the crowd left leaving only close friends. it really sucks when you get called out, but i think a lot of people forget that it's largely not being done out of spit or malice, just out of care for a space, a group, a person (maybe even a friend), etc. and i'm not trying be an asshole, just wanting to stick up for those who maybe can't in a situation.
    also the fact that womyn don't get listened to when calling someone out, they take offense or don't listen, or call you a stuck up bitch or whatever other oppressive language anger lets out is hella backwards, especially in the punk scene.

@punkmar http://exposingfeminism.wordpress.com/shaming-tactics/
    this is what i was telling you about...

10. xXZenyattaXx

xXZenyattaXx Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 29, 2012

The thing about having power is you gotta put effort into defending it. It's gross but the response is to be expected...

(that doesn't mean it's okay it just means that there's a whole fuckton of work ahead)

11. Jo Spanner

Jo Spanner Active Member Forum Member

Jul 16, 2013
     United Kingdom
    We had one on here not long ago... and the facebook page Anarchist Memes was taken over by a fucking Manarchist until recently.

Well, I don't see how this is any different than racism. They are also usually transphobic as well (always against MtF trans people), which adds to my theory that they just hate women.

12. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    I really don't get that sort of mindset, I've witnessed it too in the punk scene, maybe it comes across as being somehow "cool" or possibly as a reaction to femnazis (?), but to perpetuate this archaic macho mindset within the punk scene doesn't really set them apart from the system/ social/ cultural values we're against. Seems pretty un-punk to me.

13. Kobac

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    What frustrates me lately is when you sit down with punks and want to talk about politics, anarchy, equality, human struggle most of them look at me like i m some kind of freak.I hate when they say:I do not want to talk about politics it is depressing, Chill out man, there is nothing you can do so enjoy your beer, etc...i like answering them in A//political manner...It is not about politics it is about life you fucks!!!
    I understand them in some way.Everything today is politics, you can not hide from her in this society.
    I can sometimes be tiring with politics, anarchy, but i like talking about it and listening others for theirs opinions and views.I learned a lot from older punks about the scene, bands, what is wrong or what is right, etc.I could not learn all that by myself, so i talked to people,read, learned about what i like and not trying to be just a punk and drown myself in alcohol, drugs, bad haircuts and overprized fashion. :ecouteurs:

14. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

i think it's other way around with me, i am doing more politics than going to concerts, which reminds me that all the good bands plays in copenhagen and i don't have a daily budget to get into the city frequently and i don't know anyone in there, so sucks to be me lol :/ ..

15. Kobac

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    Do not sweat about it Stegs, your turn will come very soon.When i was your age i did not know how to put a pants on me properly without some help ;)

16. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Like any conspiracy theory, they hide little kernels of truth wrapped in ridiculous and redundant information, to the untrained eye these become the selling points that turn rational opinion into irrational emotion.