Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Queer Crust Vegan Edge Lyricist/Guitarist seeks co-conspirators

Discussion in 'Band promotion & new album releases' started by jessfive, Feb 13, 2011.

1. jessfive

jessfive Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 27, 2010

Maybe being nervous? I am self conscious about my singing. I try to record when no one is home but I recorded while my roommate was home and they were disturbed. They said my singing sounded like someone was being murdered. I also scared the cat. Also, the mic I have is old and randomly stopped working or if recording was going well - the birds we have would start to sing or phone would ring, etc. So perhaps a bit rushed or annoyed. Thanks for the feedback! Your English is better than some folks that it is their only language. :)

2. Havran

Havran Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 22, 2012
     Czech Republic
    Well, when I read all of that it's a miracle you got it recorded (poor cat :D), so I hope you will make some more songs in the future :). It's great that you are sXe btw :)

3. jessfive

jessfive Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 27, 2010

Yes! I figured it didn't matter too much as it gave the song character. I reject mainstream ideals of how music should be so why not have it be nervous? I feel I captured the moment and emotion that would never be found on the Billboard 100. I could have re-recorded but I liked how it is different and honest. Most recordings inject artificial emotion as performers are entertainers and entertainers are actors. I am different because I am a human with real life situations with a microphone singing my songs to share a glimpse of my perception on reality in hopes of making the world a little more how'd I would like it to be. Unabashed, uncensored, raw without a facade. I just want more crust less bread. ;)

4. The Hat

The Hat Experienced Member Experienced member

May 29, 2019
    Illinois, United States  United States
    Just down loaded the Morningstar Rising song from Bandcamp. I will listen to it soon.