Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Anonymous

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by ungovernable, Jan 12, 2011.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Greetings. We are Anonymous. A lot has been said over the last few days, however, not all of it was fair or accurate. We would like to set the record straight.

Anonymous is not unanimous. We use the Internet as a tool to congregate, communicate, and articulate; but we speak and act with many different voices, and in many different places. As the net has evolved, so have we and our methods.

Today, technology allows states to be more intrusive than ever, and governments are making the most of these new abilities. In recent years, we have witnessed intrusions on privacy that would have been dismissed as dystopian only a few decades ago. Left unchecked by democratic control, and unconstrained by national sovereignty or respect for fundamental human values, the legitimate actions of corporations or governments can easily turn into abuse.

Yet the same tools that facilitate these actions provide us with the ability to fight back and safeguard our rights as citizens. It also gives us the power to expose crime, corruption and government abuse that would otherwise remain hidden. Our campaign to support WikiLeaks is not about petty vandalism. It is about supporting digital whisteblowers, to promote the values of a democratic society for the benefit of all.

We believe that free expression, a free press, and most of all, a free and open internet, are the lifeblood of a democratic society: they allow us, as citizens, to effectively evaluate our government. If you too value these rights, then you too are Anonymous. Our adversaries should question neither our dedication nor our resolve. We are determined to continue the struggle for as long as necessary to achieve our goal.
    WHO WE ARE

We are not 'hackers'. We are not criminals. We are not terrorists. We are neither digital vandals to be vilified, nor caped heroes to be lauded. We are everyday citizens, common women and men of a digital world, concerned with protecting basic freedoms. In short, we are you, we are your sons and daughters, your brothers and sisters, your friends and co-workers. Our ranks are made of individuals from many nations and ethnicities, unified by digital camaraderie and the knowledge that we fight for the good of the whole and not the greed of the few.

Anonymous is the voice of those who believe in truth, liberty and the freedom of expression. Anonymous believes that it is the small actions of a unified whole that make a difference. Freedom of speech does not fall along national or party lines. We are faceless and nameless, separate yet struggling together for a common cause. We ask you to support us, not for our sake, but for your own. Do not allow governments, corporations, or anyone else to control what you are allowed to see, hear, and think. Censorship will not be tolerated.
    ON DIGITAL WHISTLEBLOWING

An assortment of states and global corporations is trying to destroy or silence WikiLeaks, OpenLeaks, IndoLeaks and similar whistleblower sites. They portray their actions as innocuous, or justify them with dubious appeals to some national interest; on the contrary, the suppression of free speech is harmful to every nation, and every human being. Any institution that seeks to blockade, disrupt or attack these sites simultaneously attacks free speech, the free press, the free internet and other core democratic values.

There is absolutely no evidence that any individual has come to any harm as a result of anything released by WikiLeaks, despite some governments' assertions to the contrary. WikiLeaks and similar sites are part of the press, and co-operate with renowned media partners as equals. Digital whistleblowers are a force of good in an increasingly interconnected world - it is our collective duty to protect their right to exist.
    OUR OPERATIONS

To show our support and solidarity for the ideas behind digital whistleblowing, and to extend support beyond just mirroring, we started a campaign consisting - for now - of the following three steps:

1. Creating Public Interest for Anonymous - Operation Payback:

We have used a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) campaign to draw attention to abuses of power and the criminalization of dissent. Some of us participated actively in these attacks, and while we are aware of the severity of those actions, we believe they were in service of a greater good. Operation Payback aimed to tarnish the public image of those entities who aided in the attempted censorship of WikiLeaks. The carefully chosen targets included Visa, Mastercard, Postfinance Switzerland, and PayPal.

Our actions did no physical damage or hampered payments, they merely occupied bandwidth and system resources. During a sit-in, protesters disrupt business or government actions by obstructing the flow of normal traffic, in order to make a political point. During Operation Payback, Anonymous acted as sit-in protestors of the digital era, no different than the sit-in protests used non-violently throughout history.

2. Spreading the Leaks - Operation Leakspin:

Operation Leakspin introduces the concept of 'crowd-journalism' to the investigation of leaked material. Reports are posted, reviewed and if necessary corrected on the Quality Control System. The goal is to give everybody the possibility to get involved in order to attain totally independent reporting. By these means, the power of many eyes is bundled to scour the WikiLeaks cables for under-reported leaks, and to publicize them for maximum exposure and effect.

3. Undergirding a Movement - Operation Truth is Revolutionary:

Anonymous is a movement without a figurehead. This has many advantages, but also many disadvantages: those who want to know more about Anonymous do not know where to turn for information, and co-ordination between different Operations is more difficult than it should be. Operation Truth is Revolutionary addresses these problems, and acts as the linchpin of Anonymous actions.

We provide infrastructure for communication and co-operation between the many different branches of Anonymous, both online and on the streets. We collect information and reflections from and on the various Operations. We offer our own opinion where we consider it needed, and archive other Anonymous voices when we find them.
    OUR CAUSE

The Internet is a stronghold of freedom in an increasingly authoritarian world. It is capable of connecting and uniting all of humanity by lowering the barriers of language and distance. When we are connected, we are strong. When we are strong, we need not fear tyranny. Governments and corporations are moving against WikiLeaks because they fear our united global power; they fear our ability to demand truth and accountability. Do not forget this.

This is a critical moment for the fate of free speech in our ever-evolving, information-dependent society. These attacks on freedom of expression, if unchecked, will have negative implications for all of mankind. Our peaceful activism will focus on anyone who intends to infringe on the freedoms of speech, information, and expression - regardless of the power they wield. The entities that we campaign against are denying everyone a basic human right. Any person, corporation, government, or other entity that turns against this pattern of censorship, and instead starts promoting freedom of speech, will become our ally. Anonymous aims to educate our opponents rather than harm them; we are campaigning for freedom for everyone, even those who criticize and attack us.

Anonymous urges the people of the world to join us against all forms of censorship, in defense of freedom both online and off. We exist in all societies, on the fringe and in the center. If you search, you will find us, all around you.

We are Anonymous.
    We are the Internet.
    We are You.

2. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

Re: Open letter from Anonymous

Anonymous Delivers

If only they weren't the source of every troll on the internet ever

3. Carlos

Carlos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 1, 2010

Anarchist cant Tri Force

▲ ▲

-Anonymous

4. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

Anonymous are not anarchists nor do they share any commonality with anarchism. they purely believe information should be available for all and not minorities. I popped along to one of there anti Scientology demos and they said they don't target religion, just Scientology then gave me bogus reasons such as: Scientology has killed more people than any other religion...

Middle class kids with fuck all to do.

5. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada

Yeah i agree with Kaaos-82 this time... Anonymous is overrated and they're not as cool as they want to look... Most of them are just young kids with big botnet networks and they want to find cool DDoS target to hack so they try to look like knights fighting for a good cause.... The exemple with scientology is very good but i also think their recent waves of attack against tunisia is pretty much hypocrite... They say they are fighting against censorship well tunisian goernment have been censoring internet for the past 10-20 years so why they decided to react only since a few days ?
    Well it's simple, there has been a lot of media coverage on tunisia so
    1) these young kids started to learn what's happenning in tunisia and they probably didn't even know what was going on with tunisian censorship before the media coverage
    2) they realized all this media coverage is a good opportunity to launch an attack and get some publicity. these kids are more focused on the publicity they get from their attack than the real harm they're doing.

Also, many governments have been censoring internet forever : china, russia, australia, etc.... And anonymous never reacted... Why they don't target these governments if they're fighting against censorship ?

Anyway, i still support them for what they're doing, but they could get more serious...

I wanted to start a group like Anonymous to target nationalist/racist/nazi website, we were active a couple of times but we all got better things to do now.... I have past the have of being a script kiddie spreading botnet virus all over the internet to DDoS some website.

6. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

agreed too, but the german Anonymous for example excels in keeping the nutzis busy, attacking and bringing down their sites with an impressive regularity.
    And after two recent brainwash-tology related suicides this "church" is targetted again - I don't begrudge them for this and the little publicity the kids get in the media.

And like ungov I hope they will become more serious with their business in the future.

7. ama-gi

ama-gi Active Member Forum Member

Jan 5, 2011

I did a few ops with "anonymous", fucking stupid. Most of them are 15 year old kids who just want to feel badass by ordering 10 pizzas to some random person. When "Operation: Greenwave" (the internet response to the Iranian protests) happened only a few of us were able to make proxies to allow the revolutionaries to communicate with the outside world. Most of the idiots fired up LOIC and tried to DDoS a country.

They are great at taking down individual sites, however, they are counterproductive when they try to take down large targets. This is due to them being mostly hanger-ons, script kiddies, and chantards.

8. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

The same can be said for alot of "anarchists". Kids will be kids, but at least some of these ones are trying and some will even move on the bigger more important things. Some will lose interest and leave or just troll. You can give them shit as a whole or you can recognize the admirable things they have done like the ops against nazis, pedophiles and Scientology (I don't care what you say, Tom Cruise and the rest of those creepy fucks can eat a fat dick). We have those who are serious, and others who are hangers-on in our ranks as well. Not every method that every anarchist group or individual uses will be agreed upon by other anarchists. That's what Anonymous has in common with the anarchist movement: no central leaders and the individual is free to follow their own course of action, whether others agree with it or not. I agree not everything they do is productive, but in this digital age there are things we can pick up from them as well.

9. ama-gi

Jan 5, 2011

I was a part of those ops. Project Chanology devolved into people singing Rick Astley songs with longcat signs in front of Scientology centers. The nazi ops were mainly targeted at Hal Turner. BTW he was an FBI plant in the WP movement until he went a bit more crazy than the USFG wanted to tolerate. The pedophile ops mainly resulted in dox being dropped and many pizzas, boxes, and Mormons being ordered. I know of only three cases in which a pedo was actually arrested. There is a weird quirk in the law that pertains to how evidence has to be obtained.

What are bigger and more important things? I took a baton to the head and breathed tear gas to get two paragraphs in the LA Times. When I was a Marine I worked over 36 hours straight to get helicopters off the ground and over the Philippines to get people off of buildings and drop food and water. The squadrons I supported saved over 1000 lives. When I was on leave my former collective was reselling boxes to afford to put out a newsletter. Oh yea, I was declared excommunicate because I was a "mass murderer" since I joined the Marines to get off of meth.

[hyperbole]Also, "Can eat a fat dick". How homophobic/hetero-gynophobic is that! Seriously, there are people that enjoy felicitating a large penis! Are you insinuating that those that who enjoy that are less than human; just sex perverts that need to be repressed![/hyperbole]

10. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

Dude...everything doesn't pertain to you. The "bigger and better things" meant like getting politically active, moving on and doing something important. I get it, you're awesome. You've done everything and you're fucking badass! I'm going to build a fucking shrine from your fucking pubic hair right now, dude! Quit being so fucking defensive.

I get it, you were a marine. My mission for you, should you choose to accept it, is to post something where you don't mention the fucking marines for a change. Because honestly...I don't fucking care. I haven't given you shit for it EVER, neither has anybody else so stop bating people.

And as for the "eat a fat dick"...fuck you. It's not homophobic, maybe some hetero men enjoy sucking cock. Maybe i do. Are you gonna call me homosexual for liking a cock in my mouth even though Im not attracted to men? Don't be such a homophobe, Private Pyle! I'm surprised you didn't get on my ass for discriminating against dudes with skinny dicks. It's splitting hairs. How about "eat an unappealing fat dick"? Better? Or should i change it to "genitalia"?

Go eat some unappealing genitalia, my good jarhead. I'm going to go masturbate to how awesome you are.

11. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States

:lmao:

12. snookams

snookams Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 7, 2010

harold and kumar escape from guantamano bay comes into mind after jack's reply

13. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Jack's starting to fit in perfectly here.

14. ama-gi

Jan 5, 2011

@JackNegativity

Basic HTML course [TAG] blah blah blah [/Tag] means that whatever is contained by the [TAG] statements relate to the [TAG] statements. When I say [hyperbole] then I am being sarcastic and using rhetoric to draw attention to the fact that you sexuals constantly try to sexualize everything; whether it be a person you disagree with or rating bands fronted by females based on how 'hot' the lead singer is.

Also, enjoying orally pleasuring a member of the same sex while also enjoying copulating with the opposite sex is usually termed bisexuality. I have no problem with that. I'm asexual, aka having sexual intercourse is not a motivating factor in my life. In my early years sucking dick and licking vagina was fun and having my penis in a warm wet place felt good. That being said, when confronted with someone's genitalia I tend to be repulsed. I only can even conceive of being with someone if I know them very well. Even then I am almost never able to 'stand and deliver'.

I'm not defensive. I'm relating my experiences and ideas in a forum where they can be challenged.

I bring up the Marines a lot because that was the time in my life where I both helped people and hurt people. It was the most important time in my life. I had a quantifiable impact on the world. When I watched the helicopters I helped get off the ground rescuing people in the Philippines I cried tears of joy and pride. When I saw helicopters I calibrated weapons test sets for operating in Iraq I felt sick. The guilt drove me into years of alcoholism. I'm not a hero, I can name some. I don't want any more medals, they sit in a drawer in my closet. If I'm anything, I'm an allegory of what not to do. Lol, wow, the preceding sounds so emo.

Anyway, I am flattered by your pubic hair shrine; although I am concerned how you ended up obtaining said hairs.

Also, to be politically correct, pull the dick out of your cock-holster you green tinted bastard and learn to enjoy the world of sarcasm and hyperbole ; )

15. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

You went into the marines to get off meth? WTF is wrong with you???
    Amphetamines make the world go round and keep the bands on the Road.
    Also back to Anonymous please, if you want to chat about oral sex with fat or skinny peni put it in the off topic section.

16. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

I just really like the term "cock holster". <3

17. ama-gi

Jan 5, 2011

Thanks, I love it as well. It is a term of endearment from me : )

Yea, try being 6'1 and 140 pounds. I had to smoke crack to come down since the extreme crash after the high would allow me to go to sleep. Otherwise I would spend a day or two in the fetal position in a corner in absolute agony. The pain was my body eating itself and shutting down. It might be fun right now but your "friends" will desert you the instant you run out of money. Before you know it you will be gagging on some construction worker's dick for $10. The sick part is that you hope that his friends follow him into the porta-shitter so you can score a teener later. If you think of meth positively then you need to seriously re-evaluate your life.

Lets put it this way, seeing gun camera footage of weapons I calibrated hitting civilians as the AH-1s were on a strafing run attempting to hit the bastards that were killing my fellow Marines I became violently ill. That day was better than my average day on meth. Lets break it down Barny style, being partially responsible for civilian casualties is better than the average day of a homeless meth addict. Please reevaluate your life.

18. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

19. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States

Ouch!

20. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Anonymous flags neoliberal agenda at heart of Wisconsin unrest

http://soundmigration.wordpress.com/201 ... in-unrest/

The open sourced and fluid network of digital activists working under the umbrella of “Anonymous” have chosen Koch Industries and its subsiduaries as a target for the corporations involvement in pushing through the union busting bill currently under impasse in the Senate.

Koch Industrys is the largest privately owned company in the US, owed by the Koch Brothers. They have long funded right wing and free market think tanks, and ‘astro turf’ campaign groups. For a list of things they have funded check out the Koch Family Foundation

Heres a list of other dodgy shit they get up to in an attempt not only to shape public discource but to spread lies and disinformation.

Koch Industries has become an aggressive opponent of climate legislation and a major funder of climate skeptics, including the Cato Institute. Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is an astroturf front group started by David Koch and Richard Fink (a member of the board of directors of Koch Industries). AFP works together with the Koch family’s other conservative foundations and think tanks to disrupt Barack Obama’s presidency. Accordingly, AFP has opposed health care reform, stimulus spending, and cap-and-trade legislation, which is aimed at making industries pay for the air pollution that they create. AFP was also involved in the attacks on Obama’s “green jobs” czar, and has crusaded against international climate talks. According to an article in the August 30, 2010 issue of The New Yorker, the Kochs are known for “creating slippery organizations with generic-sounding names,” that “make it difficult to ascertain the extent of their influence in Washington.” However it is perhaps the funding of their funding of the right wing reactionary Tea party movement where is can be seen as a deliberate distortion of democratic principles of informed consent.

So Anonymous have decided to fight back. In a press release posted online in the last few hours the digital activists make it clear that Koch is seen as a legitimate target because

“Governor Walker’s union-busting budget plan contains a clause that went nearly un-noticed. This clause would allow the sale of publicly owned utility plants in Wisconsin to private parties (specifically, Koch Industries) at any price, no matter how low, without a public bidding process. The Koch’s have helped to fuel the unrest in Wisconsin and the drive behind the bill to eliminate the collective bargaining power of unions in a bid to gain a monopoly over the state’s power supplies”

In a nod an understanding of the failing of current system of representative democracy bound under neo liberalism, and the emerging visibility of the class war under way the statement continues

Anonymous cannot ignore the plight of the citizen-workers of Wisconsin, or the opportunity to fight for the people in America’s broken political system. For these reasons, we feel that the Koch brothers threaten the United States democratic system and, by extension, all freedom-loving individuals everywhere. As such, we have no choice but to spread the word of the Koch brothers’ political manipulation, their single-minded intent and the insidious truth of their actions in Wisconsin, for all to witness.

The press release end with a call for more traditional forms of protest via a boycott of US and European goods produced/owened by Koch, though this is just an intermediate call while the activists seek out “vulnerabilities” that they can exploit.

For a great take on whats happening in Wisconsin and why people are so pissed off, and refusing to leave the senate building have a read of this

There is regular video updates from http://qik.com/Brandzel as part of the movement there at the moment
    http://www.americansforprosperity.org/national-site