Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Anti-bullfighting

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by antitude420, May 23, 2010.

1. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

Years ago I traveled spain and 'cause I've read Hemmingway's books about bullfighting I was invited by some spanish comrades and we went to one of the fiestas in Pamplona - and it was a bloody mess... the professional matadores did their job on small and tired/sedated bulls, one of them entered the arena and broke to it's knees after a few steps - and I was disgusted by the reaction of the audience, 'cause they demanded this bulls slaughter, angrily throwing everything avaliable at the matador who hasn't got a clue how to do it with this already halfdead animal.
    So I left the show and we had some serious debate afterwards, the spanish called me ignorant of a centuries old tradition and blind for the grace and symbolism of the play - I called them ignorant for the commercial abuse of tradition and blind for the pain and suffering of animals just raised for entertainment and profits.
    We found no agreement about the stuff and so I was invited for a visit on one of the farms raising fighting bulls.
    Just on arrival there one of the stockbreed cows attacked us and the whole bunch of traditionalists and ignorants (including me) fled back to the car, so this brave and promising mother of future fightingbulls attacked the car and nearly destroyed it - kind of revenge?
    None of us dared to leave the car until the cow vanished from view, and after a hour maybe she lost interest and went away gracefully, so I'm still alive to tell the tale, and feel a bit sorry for the brave fool on the picture - stupidness is a risky buisness - did he survive his mistake?

2. antitude420

antitude420 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2010

Yes, he survived. Probably, only to step back into the arena and torture some more animals. This fuckers never learn... :/

3. easy e

easy e Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 30, 2010

ugh, bullfighting is just fucking dumb. tradition or not, it just doesn't make sense how someone could legitimately enjoy watching an animal be tortured. are we really that barbaric as a species?

4. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

I think he won't, 'cause the show is business, and the paying audience doesn't want to see loosers...
    My girlfriend readed the whole topic and came up with a special training for stockbreed cow like the one on the spanish farm.
    Maybe this will ruin the biz?

5. antitude420

May 16, 2010

He's a veteran, people will probably welcome him back. Portugal has a big bullfighting tradition, I'm used to this...

Well, maybe it would but wouldn't that involve the people who raise and sell the bulls? I don't think they would be interested in something that would ruin their bussiness.

6. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    [​IMG]

7. antitude420

May 16, 2010

Awesome collection, punk mar :)

8. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

9. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

Re: Catalonia bans bullfighting!

Reeeeally good news, I didn't knew about the ban on the Canary Islands 1991, so Catalonia is only second, but they did it and more important: WHO'S NEXT?

10. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Whoever fixed my post, thanx, i couldnt find this topic.

11. Wooly

Wooly Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 24, 2010

http://news.msn.co.nz/article/7947740/b ... spectators
    There is also a video on the link.
    Hopefully this indecent will help our cause against bull-fighting, even if its because some people got hurt and not because of animal rights.

12. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    [​IMG]

big protest in Madrid on Sept. 19

13. chaotik

chaotik Member Forum Member

Aug 18, 2010

I wonder why they keep on doing this... The majority of Spanish people disagree with the whole bullfighting thing. Besides that there are international action groups, goverments ect against bullfighting and release loads of pressure on the Spainish goverment to quit bullfighting.
    Still it attracks many people and esp. many tourist. I assume they keep on doing this because it is big money. I'm happy to see that some regions are slowly realizing that it is bullshit to led this horrible ''tradition'' go on.
    Allthough i must say that it makes me sick when people judge bullfighting, but still eat meat. Those animals who are raised for consumption are not treated any better than those bulls. (But that is an other topic completly!)

14. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    well at least bulls get a chance to cause some damage before they die.

15. chaotik

chaotik Member Forum Member

Aug 18, 2010

hehe, your completly right about that!

16. Cadabre-Mor

Cadabre-Mor Active Member Forum Member

Aug 18, 2012

Rider Marcelo Mendes attacks protesters anti-bullfighting in Torreira (Portugal)

There have been many protests anti-bullfighting lately which has led to several scenes of beatings and threats like this in the video below that occurred this past week-end with the rider Marcelo Mendes who invested twice with his horse against people who were there to express themselves against so sad spectacle.

In summer, there are many bullfights in Portugal, from north to south. It is forbidden to kill bulls except in a place called Barrancos (on the border with Spain) which has a special permit from the Portuguese law.

Shame...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zivm1tk-LFU[/video]

17. Cadabre-Mor

Cadabre-Mor Active Member Forum Member

Aug 18, 2012

Besides the bloody bullfight with riders, we have another marvelous spectacle, the so called bullfight with rope. It's in the island of Azores and it's also disgusting. A group of men hold the bull by the neck in order to control it during its investees. It's amazing how there are kids, old men in the middle of it, even newborns. Dear friends, here it is another piece of the great Portuguese (still) backward mentality.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h-WhhqFjv4[/video]